• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Testosterone replacement therapy- start today…anything I should know?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
So my doctor didn’t explain anything to me really. And he’s kinda hard to understand.

I always thought you are supposed to cycle for two months and there was an additional medicine they need to add when you take T or your testes will stop working and shrivel up…

Edit: After additional research I found out that they usually prescribe a med along with it nowadays to interrupt the signal the brain gives the body to stop producing testosterone but he didn’t prescribe that with it.

Perhaps I should find a new doctor eh?

Last edited:
Was the test therapy due to diminished test levels due to opiate use?

When I was cycling test I did 2 months on 2 months off.

So my doctor didn’t explain anything to me really. And he’s kinda hard to understand.

I always thought you are supposed to cycle for two months and there was an additional medicine they need to add when you take T or your testes will stop working and shrivel up…

Edit: After additional research I found out that they usually prescribe a med along with it nowadays to interrupt the signal the brain gives the body to stop producing testosterone but he didn’t prescribe that with it.

Perhaps I should find a new doctor eh?

It's TRT so you are not cycling it. It's forever unless you choose to take a break.

The other drug you are talking about is HCG. Yeah you can take that if you want to try and keep your natural system going.

Other ancillaries may include an AI (arimidex, aromasin) to keep estrogen at bay. But you want to avoid that.

He will probably see how you respond first then do bloods after a few months too check everything.

Yeah that’s exactly what he said actually is that he uses AI only as a last resort

And as it turns out I I kept getting told I was manic the day of and after my dose and I talked to my doctor today and they said that’s usual to feel elated and outgoing when the dose is too high even in neurotypicals.

For a minute there I thought I really did have bipolar