Testosterone cures tendonitis

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Had tennis elbow a few times in my life (too much wanking..ahem..) once had a cortisone steroid shot in my elbow that cured it in 48 hours so I started wondering...if i just shot a bit of T into the elbow? It's a steroid..it decreases inflammation..what the hell. So I did and it worked. Woke up today with no pain for the first time in 3 months.

Wrong kind of steroid. Absolutely do not do this again

You are thinking of corticosteroids. Testosterone is an androgen. The nomenclature "steroid" in common speak is confusing; the only thing they share in common is that they are hormones our body produces. Get corticosteroids if you need them.

Shooting into joints or tendons is terribly dangerous for non med-professionals. Shooting oil anywhere but the muscle or subQ is dangerous. 10000x as true if you are getting your T other than straight from Walgreens. This is coming from a guy who's shot heroin and coke in his finger/foot veins: seriously, don't do that.

If this worked once, bow down and thank your local deity, because you won the lottery. You could've lost use of an arm.

Last edited:
Corticosteroids reduce bone density also.

To the OP, in all likely hood it was probably the effect of the needle penetration into the joint/tendon area that gave you pain relief.

Needles induce microtrauma which is nitro against inflammation, they also promote release of endogenous opioids in the area which is a great stress and pain reliever.

You might get a sports physio to "dry needle" it, or failing that an acupuncturist that will needle your elbow.

Or just get some acupuncture needles and do it yourself.

lol - I don't know a lot about anabolics specifically (I do work as a sports physio however and perform dry needling on the elbow tendons all the time) but shooting test into your elbow to try and accelerate healing of a tendon is just one of those comedy gold moments.

🤣 🤣 🤣

But testosterone does reduce inflammation right?

I'm not injecting into the tendon - you inject into the skin around the elbow because the elbow is where the inflammation is - the pain just radiates down the tendon from there.

Corticosteroids reduce bone density also.

To the OP, in all likely hood it was probably the effect of the needle penetration into the joint/tendon area that gave you pain relief.

So is it a permanent cure or does it come back again when the trauma has gone? If I just stick a plain old needle in my elbow it will shift 3 months of agony? Will keep you posted anyway.

Btw, i didn't inject anything into the tendon - the pain is about 3 inch down my arm, I just did a subQ into the skin at the elbow - that's not going to damage anything right?

So is it a permanent cure or does it come back again when the trauma has gone? If I just stick a plain old needle in my elbow it will shift 3 months of agony? Will keep you posted anyway.

Oh yeah, of course - any needle will do.

Dry needling was invented by way of giving pain shots but one day a Dr forget to load the syringe, but realized the effect of the needle alone treated the patients symptoms - thus, a "dry" needle.

But yes, any needle into the affected area and periphery.

More the better, frankly.

I make dudes look like hellraiser.

Thanks John - never heard of that before.
It's a rather new technique that is slowly spreading through the PT/physio field. Not many clinics here in the states offer it as it does require additional training which equates to money.

You are thinking of corticosteroids. Testosterone is an androgen. The nomenclature "steroid" in common speak is confusing; the only thing they share in common is that they are hormones our body produces. Get corticosteroids if you need them.

Shooting into joints or tendons is terribly dangerous for non med-professionals. Shooting oil anywhere but the muscle or subQ is dangerous. 10000x as true if you are getting your T other than straight from Walgreens. This is coming from a guy who's shot heroin and coke in his finger/foot veins: seriously, don't do that.

If this worked once, bow down and thank your local deity, because you won the lottery. You could've lost use of an arm.
hahahah I love this post.

This is coming from a guy who's shot heroin and coke in his finger/foot veins: seriously, don't do that.

I thought you were going to say "a guy who shot heroin into the vein under my cock" for a moment there rum!

Had tennis elbow a few times in my life (too much wanking..ahem..) once had a cortisone steroid shot in my elbow that cured it in 48 hours so I started wondering...if i just shot a bit of T into the elbow? It's a steroid..it decreases inflammation..what the hell. So I did and it worked. Woke up today with no pain for the first time in 3 months.

AAS are known to compromise collagen in connective tissue over the longer term, cortisone may reduce acute inflammation but can lead to chronic joint issues if used too much..

I'm not injecting into the tendon - you inject into the skin around the elbow because the elbow is where the inflammation is - the pain just radiates down the tendon from there.
Testosterone actually increases inflammation to some degree

I thought you were going to say "a guy who shot heroin into the vein under my cock" for a moment there rum!

Haha not quite, but close

Testosterone actually increases inflammation to some degree, indirectly. But it is definitely not good for tendons overall, as GeneticFreak said above.