• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Testosteron, Morphine & Energy

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
How strong is the hormone suppression of opioids really and is it directly related to the mu agonism or are there relevant differencies between agents?

Is it correct that this suppression will with continued use not only lead to muscle wasting but also low energy and drive, possibly even slower metabolism, mayybe (?? pure guess) lowered thyroid?
And what to do against that, if you can't just quit the opioids?

Imho this is an often overlooked side effect of long term opioid use, the chief 'addiction' doc here once told me he doesn't like to give full agonists (metha, morph) to people who self mediated for MDD as these agents were pro-depressive. Given the acute euphoria and specially complete anxiolysis - what even BZDs don't give me w/o heavy sedation - I thought of that he meant potentially sedative but guess I was wrong.

Opioids certainly are depression inducing agents but maybe more mimicking endogenous depression (?) than the usual reactive Kind. Kinda the physical opposite of feeling tired'n'wired. Sleep isn't relieving or refreshing anymore, even if I stay in bed 8-10h. In other times I often went for a walk in the day or evening to calm restlessness. Now I feel like being 30y older or seriously ill.. I always was of slim shape but begin to put on fat even when eating less than before.

Some time I thought it was ageing but guess it's sth else. Mostly lost libido too, yet that's something I welcome as the notorious single I am.

Now this persists even the first day or two of withdrawal, I could just sleep through until some energy and restlessness together with feeling horny (and like shit) builds up again slowly. Specially that libido and energy are so strongly coupled let me think about testosteron.

Maybe a silly question but would a SARM improve the situation, or ULN? Or an adrenergic? NMDA antags unfortunately do nothing about this. They improve energy but only while on an acute dose and more similar to amph (which too seems to have less effect now than before, usually I was very sensitive to stims).

Is this related to the norepinephrine suppression by opioids or an independent effect? I love the fact that morphine blocks the physical fear response almost completely, chronic generalized PTSD / anxiety and mental pain are the reasons for me using opioids.
Recently tried to go without, managed around 4 weeks of increasingly heavy mood swings, outbursts and 'pain' which all disappeared after the first 60mg morphine.

Methadone was, as far as I remember, mostly similar but maybe more sedating. This way I solved my main problem & created a different, equally limiting one...

There exist some publications discussing how mu1 or mu2 receptor selective opioids affect the pituitary gland and hormone secretion, but I couldn't find a definitive answer to whether there's a selective opioid that doesn't have the hormonal effect.

Anybody? Really struggling with this, don't know what to do just that usual docs won't help me either ... libido is on holidays, physical energy is down, mental energy isn't in sync.. sleep is much better since LSD but I fear of the old emotional outbursts and panic attacks why I probably will go on opioids again and sleep the next 5 years, fuck that when I could go to university and study but first need to deal with shit like police, jail, relative homelessness, no money etc.pp. all artificial limitations by which the world and society just want to say me "you're fucked" but that's bullshit ...

I’m not sure, opioids haven’t gotten to the point with me where the usage is affecting that. My dose is low though 10 mg Oxy so I’m sure any effect is about as noticeable as the buzz. But I would venture to say if there’s immune system suppression and cortisol production that your problem lies within the adrenic region. Keep in mind I make BackMasked SoundCloud songs when diving through this response. But I’m saying it’s really your choice. The one way to find out this for sure would be abstain from opioids. Some people may never be affected by things and some people die the first time they mainline. The cookie crumbles unevenly and how one substance effects me it may do you totally differently. Given the fact I can’t take a dose higher then 10mg and they give that to children but yet I feel as if ima fall asleep and never wake up, I assume I’m a super metaboliser. You may on the other hand may not be. The subjects convoluted to me

Hmm yeah things partially resolve when I stop opioids, but only partially ... it is like many of my systems are out of sync. I have lethargy, anhedonia, no energy, or then dysphroric restlessness etc.. need something like a hormonal restart :(