Testicle pain from TRT

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
I acquired some 50mg sachets of testosterone (it's OTC here so no doc involved) with the intent of giving TRT a shot after I have pretty low testosterone due to opioid and SNRI use - both quit, I'm currently just on a low daily dose of Kratom but symptoms of low T like intolerance to coldness, abstinent libido, general physical weakness etc. persist. Now after a couple of days applying a sachet per day I suddenly got a sharp pain in my testicles which lasted for half an hour or so and then subsided. It came out of nothing in the middle of the day, not directly after applying the gel but I never had such a pain before but I've had kidney semola (don't know if this is the corrent translation, like mini kidney stones which came from chronical dehydration/ drinking too little liquids) which felt similarly but inside the ureter instead of the balls. Pretty painful and besides the high price of these test bags it was the reason why I stopped.

Any clue what this pain came from and whether it might have been coincidence or will appear again if continued with TRT?

Last edited:
Why not trying with plants like horny goat weed, ashwagandha, tongkat ali, tribulus...
have you tried that?

Why not trying with plants like horny goat weed, ashwagandha, tongkat ali, tribulus...
have you tried that?
Aswhagandha is the only one I've tried, for its supposed GABAergic properties, not T enhancement but I got zero effects, went through 100g in a few days looking for at least something but got nothing. Are these supplements strong enough to make a real difference? I'm somewhat sceptical because so far no supplement ever worked out for me.

Aswhagandha is the only one I've tried, for its supposed GABAergic properties, not T enhancement but I got zero effects, went through 100g in a few days looking for at least something but got nothing. Are these supplements strong enough to make a real difference? I'm somewhat sceptical because so far no supplement ever worked out for me.
No supplements will raise your T levels, unless it's something like zinc, magnesium, vitamin D3 etc and you are deficient in them.

I acquired some 50mg sachets of testosterone (it's OTC here so no doc involved) with the intent of giving TRT a shot after I have pretty low testosterone due to opioid and SNRI use - both quit, I'm currently just on a low daily dose of Kratom but symptoms of low T like intolerance to coldness, abstinent libido, general physical weakness etc. persist. Now after a couple of days applying a sachet per day I suddenly got a sharp pain in my testicles which lasted for half an hour or so and then subsided. It came out of nothing in the middle of the day, not directly after applying the gel but I never had such a pain before but I've had kidney semola (don't know if this is the corrent translation, like mini kidney stones which came from chronical dehydration/ drinking too little liquids) which felt similarly but inside the ureter instead of the balls. Pretty painful and besides the high price of these test bags it was the reason why I stopped.

Any clue what this pain came from and whether it might have been coincidence or will appear again if continued with TRT?

What's happening is that when you started taking exogenous testosterone, your HPTA sensed the increase in hormone levels, and in an effort to regulate them, turned off the signals to the testes that produces your own endogenous testosterone (and other hormones). We tend to sense that physiological adjustment as a ball ache, and if you continue to take TRT, you'll notice they starting physically shrinking. They also ache when things are going in the other direction too (ie when the HPTA 'turns them back on'), and they begin to grow, but I'm afraid that's definitely not happening in your case lol.

What's happening is that when you started taking exogenous testosterone, your HPTA sensed the increase in hormone levels, and in an effort to regulate them, turned off the signals to the testes that produces your own endogenous testosterone (and other hormones). We tend to sense that physiological adjustment as a ball ache, and if you continue to take TRT, you'll notice they starting physically shrinking. They also ache when things are going in the other direction too (ie when the HPTA 'turns them back on'), and they begin to grow, but I'm afraid that's definitely not happening in your case lol.
Mine just randomly started to get sore on occasion when sitting on the toilet and they're free hanging. Have no idea what's going on with that, though I did just get over a viral illness so I'm curious if it's just localized tenderness of the groin lymph nodes as those are the ones that swell badly for whatever reason when I'm sick. I know it's not mine starting up or shutting down as I'm coming up on my 9 yr anniversary of being on lol. Don't think it's an inguinal hernia as I have no other symptoms and can't palpate any protrusions.

Mine just randomly started to get sore on occasion when sitting on the toilet and they're free hanging. Have no idea what's going on with that, though I did just get over a viral illness so I'm curious if it's just localized tenderness of the groin lymph nodes as those are the ones that swell badly for whatever reason when I'm sick. I know it's not mine starting up or shutting down as I'm coming up on my 9 yr anniversary of being on lol. Don't think it's an inguinal hernia as I have no other symptoms and can't palpate any protrusions.

Have you checked for a varicocele? That can cause a lot of achy issues down there.

Why is that definitely not happing in my case?