• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Tested positive for methamphetamine

Pinprick

Bluelighter
Hi ,
I had to take a drug test today and I’m on various psych meds all prescribed to me but the girl said I tested positive for methamphitamine , she said not to worry about it but I can’t help but worry about it , is it common to test positive for drugs you don’t do ? She’s sending it off for further testing but I’m just concerned about this , any feedback is appreciated

If you haven't done any, and they're sending it off to be verified, it means they'll test via GC/MS or something, which will reveal what it actually is. A number of things can cause false positives for initial drug tests, but sending it to a lab to clarify does not cause false positives. You'll be fine.

Assuming this was a simple piss test since they're sending it off for further analysis. Piss tests are wrong all the time. As @Xorkoth above me stated, sending it to a lab for GC/MS testing is what they will do next, this is much more accurate and if you have not in fact used any meth the lab test will confirm it is a false positive. So as they told you, nothing to worry about.

Thank you for the info , I was told I’ll be notified by Monday with the results, I’m just panicia little which I can’t help , just worried about the job, can’t wait for this to be behind me.... 20390