"Test Your Basic Drug Knowledge" quiz is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
39/50 (78%)

Damn Marquis reagent questions, and PCP, and Ketamine. i was hoping for a higher score, i pride myself over my drug knowledge. Looks like i've got some studying to do!

Oh, and the test should be more diverse.

When will the "Test Your Extensive Drug Knowledge" quiz be up?

40/50 80%

the questions about Marquis testing and things involving trytamines, and all of that got me...i've never really leanred too many details about hallucinogens....and questions about shooting up I got wrong most of the time.

I have to question some of these wrong answers I just got!

35 - The cocaine IV preparation.. I don't think I was right, but why is cold saline better than warm saline?

43 - How should ketamine powder be prepared for IM administration - it shouldn't??? Why would you say that about ketamine powder, but not make the correct choice for cocaine IV "it shouldn't" as well? Ketamine powder's a lot more likely to be close to pure, with NaCl the only impurity, than the nasty crap you can find in illicit cocaine.

50 - Where did you hear that the most common serious medical condition from cocaine use was heart attack? I was under the impression strokes were far more common from cocaine OD's. I can't find anything with a definitive answer about this on google.

10 - from what i get, LSD has both the structure of a phenethylamine and of a tryptamine

don't you hate it when you get wrong answers and afterwards you think "fuck, i knew it"? :)

35 - The cocaine IV preparation.. I don't think I was right, but why is cold saline better than warm saline?

Cocaine is soluble in cold saline, while certain cuts are not. You have a better chance of getting a more pure product in your veins.

43 - How should ketamine powder be prepared for IM administration - it shouldn't??? Why would you say that about ketamine powder, but not make the correct choice for cocaine IV "it shouldn't" as well? Ketamine powder's a lot more likely to be close to pure, with NaCl the only impurity, than the nasty crap you can find in illicit cocaine.

When you prepare anything for IM injection, you have to take certain measures to reduce the amount of bacteria and insolubles in the substance. Since those measures werent listed, then the correct answer was 'you shouldn't'. That q could have been more clear, sorry.

50 - Where did you hear that the most common serious medical condition from cocaine use was heart attack? I was under the impression strokes were far more common from cocaine OD's. I can't find anything with a definitive answer about this on google.

I didn't hear that anywhere. In fact, the original, correct answer was seizures, but someone changed it, and I no longer have access to change it.

cocaine can be detected for 4-5 days in urine, not 2-3. (at least thats what my books tell me)

Someone should make a new test
I wanna see how sly I am!!!

Drug Knowledge improvment move on HR site !

Sent to around 50 mods with the stipulation ~ keep this to yourself ! Knowing certain mods would be unable to resist passing it on to admin (hence a little provocative wording here and there ;) ) I sat and waited ~ OK you got the message ~ my respondees were overwhelmingly positve ~ one or two notable exceptions which puzzled me ( I digress)

There are various suggestions which need considered put it in the area formerly known STAFF FORUM (tph) So this forms part of a larger general look at what we are and wish to provide !How to do it best !

Thanks to the predicables !=D

read & respond please

It has come to my attention a few years ago there was a quiz on bluelight which users could take to check their level of drug knowledge against perceived perception of drug knowledge I would guess.

I found the original thread here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthrea...threadid=89097

Whilst thinking about this thread I realised this idea could be directly beneficial to bluelighters if used in a way in which others could see who has scored what on the test. And therefore be able to see how well educated the person answering their questions are.

The original test was from the answers in that thread rather wide spread on many different drugs and about many different topics involving drugs from administration to date of invention. All the answers though were geared towards harm reduction and generally would yield a response which either came from knowledge or initiate someone to learn the knowledge.

I believe in order to gain some kind of validity to people’s responses when replying to topics about drugs, a quiz which showed that the user has knowledge which is recognised by bluelight as a whole would be helpful. If there was a few different quizzes on different topics such as MDMA, Psychedelics, Pharmocology, Cannabis, Reseach Chemicals, Safe Set and Setting (or whatever titles you wanted to give certain areas of drugs). It would optionally enable each registered user to take these quizzes (repeatedly) to give them a certain rating on these topics which would then be shown in profiles and people who wanted to ask certain questions would be able to judge the quality of the answer from how well the poster who replies has scored on the quiz.

The quizzes could be a selection of questions which are randomly picked from a large library of questions on the subjects, the user can take the quizzes again and again and the best thing is that in order to pass the quizzes the user could not cheat as such as if they were required to look up the information needed to answer such a question they would therefore be finding the correct information (perhaps from erowid). If the questions came randomly from a database of questions then the answers could not be answered correctly by a process of elimination e.g. “I have answered a, c, and d, and they have not been correct so it must be B this time”.

In everyones profile it could show the percentages people have attained on the quizzes and even the amount of attempts it has taken them to get this percentage. It could be argued that this might cause some kind of elite within bluelight but surely there could not really be any kind of real elitism where correct knowledge is gathered and shared only a respect for those who gain a high score and share there wealth of knowledge with others.

Another idea to extend this is, if someone comes online and has a question about a certain topic there could also be a list of who online is most capable of answering their question e.g. the top ten posters online from the quizzes with the knowledge, so they could PM them directly and ask for help.

The whole idea is obviously aimed at helping people or showing them who has shown they are knowledgeable enough to help. Meaning that whether someone has the words “Moderator” or “Administrator” under their name does not necessarily matter, what matters is that the poster trusts that the person answering what could be their potentially life threatening question has the correct knowledge to answer them.

I do not think from a technical level it is that hard to implement as a test was done once before but of course it was optional then as I gather, this could also be optional but have more benefit for everyone not only in testing users knowledge but then giving them validity when sharing this knowledge. With also pushing others towards gaining knowledge in order to try and prove their knowledge, so everyone wins!

The main thing which would be necessary in order to put this together would be a strong database of questions on a large range of topics which can be split into certain main topics with some questions fitting in with a range of topics. As well as having a fixed source for the information which would be used for the answers, and also the correct information being sourced for the answers which everyone is in agreement with.

The moderators of the different divided up forums I would hope should be able to contribute largely to questions that should be posed by quizzes and also would be able to point to users who they think have a good sense of knowledge in order to help with questions.

The aim of the quizzes is to help people it is as simple as that, people will learn from being tested and will learn from the knowledge of those who are tested being passed on, so no one loses.

I intend to forward this to a number of moderators whose support I feel I can rely on !
Then WE (the collective signed group of mods and recognised knowledgeable bluelighters) will put it forward in staff forum with a POLL on the general validity of the idea ~ then we fucking well actually implement it instead of talking about it!
All answers to be polite helpful and non eltist ~ as ever.
If you receive this forward it to no one ! just respond to me ~ BL politics stinks ~ lets do the job properly, coup de etat !

Much love to you all !

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.