• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Terrorism could target drug users...

terrorists tend to cause harm in a way that is obvious that it is their doing. If this were their way of inflicting harm everyone would simply put it down to a bad batch of drugs.
also terrorists want to create terror in the widespread community... only a small percentage of people in general take drugs. Half the community would probably give the terrorists a pat on the back - not exactly the reaction they're after :)

There have been rumors amongst elements of the underground doof scene that such groups may be planning to target larger dance events. I hasten to add I have heard no sound info, just a couple of rumors.
Maybe it all stemmed from this. Recently a thread was started on spraci (Bris) by "sikheelers" where the contributor threatened that their group would bring guns to a certain upcoming doof, because it was viewed that the event portrayed the use of psychedelics as being beneficial; a view which was way out of perspective. After the identity of the poster was discovered, it was quickly revealed this was a hoax and the poster sikheeler backpedaled very quickly. So I'm not surprised such rumors are currently floating.
Yes it would be easy to include MDMA in a poison pill, and yes Ricin is not overly difficult to extract, but to what gain would this achieve for Al Qaeda other such groups other than to play into the hands of Western Governments as Pleo stated.
Probably the best advice in attempting to avoid any dangerous forms, other than abstaining, is to not purchase your pills at an event or off someone you've just met, especially if you don't test!! As well, use pill reports and reliable sources to estimate “quality” before committing yourself. Simple rules, yet for some people it would seem too hard to play by?!
Perhaps more potentially threatening, are factions within some extreme local right wing groups. Some of these have an abiding hatred of dance culture and all it represents, and there are a lot of poisons known which are easily obtainable or extractable, maybe not as toxic as ricin but just as effective in the milligram range. It’s just that people who possess pill presses are not so likely to be known, and less likely to be party to any act of mass murder.
But we live in a world full of dangers. This is perhaps just another to add to the list. Awareness and appropriate response is all you can hope to possess, unless of course you order in a bail of cotton wool, build a nuclear shelter and stay home for the rest of your life ;)

There's nothing you can do about it either way, unless this thread is a sign of your brain trying to convince you to quit drugs out of self-preservation survival instinct...
You know what's the worst part though?
Posts like this, filled with unsubstantiated fiction, speculaton and general garbage make people paranoid. Then, they talk about crap like this with people as if they know what they're talking about (because they read it on the internet, it MUST be true...). Soon it becomes URBAN MYTH that there's ricin or anthrax or fentanyl or glass or heroin in pills... and we have to fucking rebut it every single day.
"People don't care whats bad for them, they just want the drugs - you could have a black pill, with 'DEATH' written on the front, and people would be lining up to try them, 'Dude! Let's get some 'black DEATHs'... I bet you peak so hard just before you die...'"
-- apologies to Denis Leary.
Further more, lets entertain your scenario - say you're right. If terrorists DO put poison in pills, and hundreds of drug users die. Will you be running around saying "I was right about the terrorists putting poison in pills!" or will you be dead too? Are you going to stop taking pills because you've started an internet rumour?
BigTrancer.

I think people have read much too deeply into this... if you are gonna be afraid of taking pills because of this thread, then you might as well start taking a different root every time you pass under a high rise building...
My "scenario" was much like many scenarios presented in much literature to do with events like nuke exchange between the Soviet Union and US etc. Things that are unlikelly to happen but have a degree of potential.
Either way, if you think I have made a disfavour to the Bluelight group, feel free to close/delete this thread. No harm was intended and i didn't mean to start any sort of myth/panic/etc. I only thought people were mature enough to evaluate an idea and leave it at that.

So where can i get one of these new "killer" pills?
I agree with Runner,it may be a bit far fetched, but it got us thinking.

Aside from creative speculation, I don't think this is much of an issue.
However - completely off-topic as it is - I believe this link provided by Dru in a recent thread is more cause for concern:
http://yarchive.net/med/5-htp.html
Sorry I realise this has nothing even remotely to do with the topic of this thread. I just think for all us 5-htp users this is worth looking at. Dunno, maybe Im over-reacting but I am surprised that it hasn't prompted discussion of the issue.
Anyway, have a good one!
PinkangA
PS. Stay away from the Black Deaths....I hear they have strichnine in 'em!!

I know exactly what cliche this thread needs...
Why can't we all get along!
:D :D :D

should the first part of this scenario even remotely come true it would not result in the mass deaths 'predicted' for the simple reason that we dont just grab a pill and slam the bugger, all at once, all around the globe. The first time anyone sampled it they would drop (gives it a new meaning to the word doesnt it !!) dead ! and you can bet that the news would fly around the grapEvinE so fast it would be supersonic !
Having said tha AARGH !........ :)

weren't there some pills "doin the rounds" about 12 months ago called "Bin Ladens"? perhaps this is a prelude of things to come. Runner do you know something we don't..... ie terrorists make shitty pills? is it a coded warning?
i gotta agree.....this is scare-mongering at its finest and at the end of the day i gotta feel sorry for all the mods here 'cause
we (are going to) have to fucking rebut it every single day.
anyway a mate just rang and he's just told me he's found a scud missile in a light blue Dexter that he just scored.
[ 09 January 2003: Message edited by: lorrett ]

Kinda off the topic but lorrett just reminded me of a kid I know who did acid (few months back, Melb) which featured Saddam Hussein speaking 'Arabic' to him at various intervals all through-out.
Passing on classified information and recruiting, perhaps. Too bad all he did was giggle and say "Can't understand ya Saddam dooooooood" :D
[ 09 January 2003: Message edited by: special-k ]