Terrible trip left me screwed. Need some help...

davidishere

Greenlighter
So 2 months ago I had a few drinks and some guy offered me syntethic weed which I was not aware of the dangers. I thought it would be like normal weed which i had a lot in the past.

I took 3 puffs then i was blasted into another dimension and I woke up not depersonalized and derealized.
The derealization soon passed but I am still depersonalized and its a freaking hell. I'm so depressed lately. I had some good days where i would be able to ignore it and move on but now the weather turned bad and all i do is stay inside the house and play video games.
I feel so down, i've never been like this before.

Its like i am a stranger in my body. I feel like floating eyeballs.
I took a lot of vitamins and i feel better than 2 months ago but im still screwed up..

I need some advices. I live in f%cking regret everyday.I don't wish this on my worst enemy.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong category. couldn't find any better

It would be a good idea to work with a good therapist about this, someone who does CBT, talk therapy or some kind or especially DBT if you can find someone.

If you can, it might be useful to also check out an MBSR training course. That stuff can be really helpful with recovering from this kind of traumatic experience, especially if you're dealing with a lot of regret.

It will get better with time.

Like TPD said, counseling or therapy would probably help you work through some of your deeper issues.

There are some more simple things you can do to improve your mental and physical state. Getting outside will really help. I would suggest that you force yourself to spend less time playing video games or going online as well. Do things that will help to build self-esteem and things that you can feel good/accomplished about. Exercise is very beneficial, it should help with depression, depersonalization, and give you something to feel accomplished about. Things like playing or listening to music, painting, drawing, or creating things in general can help you feel more in sync with your emotions. It will probably feel a little forced for a while, but just try to push past that. Reading or studying should help as well. Anything to take your focus off of your regrets.

Apart from specific activities, try to be aware of your thoughts. Try to remain positive and don't give into negative thinking patterns. Pay attention to things that trigger negative thoughts and try to correct those thoughts. Many negative thoughts are tied to false beliefs, things like "my life is fucked" or "no one likes me" are lies we tell ourselves to reaffirm negative thoughts. The truth is, they just aren't true- things can always get better, regardless of life situation, and even if everyone you know is pissed at you it doesn't mean they don't like you, or that everyone you meet will also have negative feelings about you.

Journaling your thoughts can help you to identify your negative thoughts and emotions and corresponding behavior. The goal is to identify negative thoughts and emotions that lead to negative behavior, analyze the thought process and correct false thoughts. It takes practice but gets easier with time.

Above all, don't beat yourself up and try to think positively. Things will get better in time. It takes work, but life can be joyous. You don't have to feel like shit forever and it is possible for you to feel good again. When I have a bad day I always try to remind myself that "it's a bad day, not a bad life" to avoid falling into negative thoughts and emotions. Hang in there.