• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Terrible side effects from opiates that I want to enjoy.

Maybe opiates just arient for you...

I personally love the itching (i cant even feel hydros anymore my tolerance is 2 high)

Maybe try smoking some INDICA weed, but only a couple hits, as I feel like the weed kind of overpowers the opiates IMO

I feel like its not one of the best mixers in terms of drugs, but is still decent and think it might help.

Not like benzos...where smoking and benzos are the most AMAZING mix. So down to earth yet stoned outta ur mind with no anxiety ;)

Amps and weed dont really mix well

first off i'll say, taking opiates with an antihistamine, is bad advise because antihistamines like diphenhydramine (aka benadryl) causes a huge increase in respiratory depression and in general central nervous system depression, that said it's a dangerous combination for anyone who is inexperienced with narcotics like morning bell, and experienced users as well. BAD ADVISE. ALSO that combination will increase the urinary retention 10x .................. listen up cause i know what i'm talking about here. .....

.....also be careful when listening to these other posters, because they are clearly not exercising caution.

Lol, look at Mr. High&Mighty.

Adding Diphenhydramine (or other antihistamines) to Opiates is not THAT dangerous.. it surely could increase respiratory depression but not by all that much. There are preparations of Hydrocodone or Codeine mixed with Promethazine that are prescribed by doctors all the time.. usually for bronchitis/chest congestion/cough.
Users of BL (especially the OD regulars) do exercise caution and are here to promote harm reduction.. there is no need to say 'look at me, read my posts cause I'm the only one that is right here', especially when you have such a low post count.
Most people that read these threads are going to heed the advice of posters with a higher post count as many of them have earned respect in this community due to their harm reducing replies. I'm not saying your posts are not going to be read.. but its easier for BLers to pay attention to posts that are made by a long-time BLer that they recognize over someone with less than 50 posts and a name they don't know.

Every time i take any sort of opiate (i have taken tramadol, oxycodone, and hydrocodone) the experience is just terrible. I hear a lot of people talking about how wonderful it is and i really wish i could experience it too. The side effects i get are usually MASSIVE headaches and difficulty going to the bathroom. Also, ITCHING. I itch a lot. Is there any way to alleviate these symptoms so that I can fully enjoy the recreational value that opiates have to offer?

OP:
these sound like the standard side effects from opiates.
the itching is caused by histamine release and is very common. i know people who actually have scars on their bodies from destructively scratching their skin off while on opiates. it can get pretty annoying. your best bet to combat the itchies is to take a benedryl (or another antihistamine). keep in mind though that benadryl alone is often quite sedating for some individuals and may intensify the sedative effects from opiates. it is recommended to take the antihistamine 30-45minutes before dosing opiates. doing so will also help you to determine if you should use a smaller dose of opiates in conjunction, based on the intensity of the antihistamine's effects on you personally.

ischuria (urinary retention) is also a very common side effect of opiate use. unless it becomes painful, i wouldn't be too concerned. taking an antihistamine for the itchies increases this retention though. there is actually an entire thread here on BL with 'tips&trick' for urinating while on opiates. up until recently, i was a daily opiate user and this problem never went away for me. however, it never caused me any major discomfort, it also was more of an annoyance than anything.

headaches have been reported from opiate use as well. it may be caused from the pupils being constricted while on opiates, as it is more difficult for the eyes to focus (particularly in dark environments). alternatively, it may be due to the route of administration (roa) you use when dosing. if you are insufflating/sniffing opiates, it could be sinus headaches you are experiencing. what roa do you generally use to dose?

if these are the worst or only side effects you experience when using opiates and you feel that they are negatively impacting your use so drastically, it's pretty much as simple as opiates just aren't for you. not everyone enjoys depressants; it's pure preference.

as someone else previously mentioned, you could be dosing too high without being tolerant. what is your average dose like?

hope this helped some.

I wouldn't smoke weed with opi's until you know you can handle it...the itching can be resolved with a antihistamine but personally I wouldn't take one cause I like the itches...I'm not sure why you get a headache if your taking hydrocodone b.c hydrocodone is paired with asprin
Aspirin? Really? C'mon Chinky you know better.

It's Hydrocodone with ACETOMINOPHEN(TYLENOL)

I would say if you have tired opiates and not enjoyed them, then just leave well enough alone. You're dealing with some of the most addictive substances there are, so if you aren't getting anything out of them it's better to just leave well enough alone. Perhaps there is a difference substance that would be better for you personally.

Everyone is allergic to opiates to some degree. That's why you get a histamine release that causes itching. It sounds like you are specially sensitive though and may be too allergic to enjoy opiates. Both the headache and the itching are caused by histamine.

I also agree with the people who said that you should leave it alone. You do not want to get into opiates. Trust me. They've been with me for years. It stops being fun and starts becoming like food...your body screams for it when you don't have it and you start basing everything on feeding the addiction. Take it from someone who has felt the extreme highs and lows of opiate addiction...there is no orgasm x1000 that you hear about. It feels nice, but the high is not worth the addiction.

so i've read over all of your posts. do you think i should just accept that opiates aren't for me and stay away from them? i have just heard so many wonderful sounding stories from people who take them. maybe i have allergies to them and should look elsewhere..

Oh.... and the itchies? I scratched deeply enough to draw blood last night. I didn't recall that effect being so annoying but there was simply no relief. No sooner than I would finish scratching one area raw another place would itch. I'm still itching alot today :\

No more 'Day 38' man? :\

Sorry to hear that

~ vaya

just take more is what swI would do

Not this...

Anyway, honestly if you aren't enjoying them, you probably never will, they may just not be your thing. Saying that, if you keep trying to achieve a pleasant high from them, even if you can't, that doesn't mean you would be immune from their addictive nature and inevitable physical withdrawal symptoms.

There are plenty of other things than opiates, and why not find something that agrees with you more and that you could enjoy.

Lol, look at Mr. High&Mighty.

Adding Diphenhydramine (or other antihistamines) to Opiates is not THAT dangerous.. it surely could increase respiratory depression but not by all that much. There are preparations of Hydrocodone or Codeine mixed with Promethazine that are prescribed by doctors all the time.. usually for bronchitis/chest congestion/cough.
Users of BL (especially the OD regulars) do exercise caution and are here to promote harm reduction.. there is no need to say 'look at me, read my posts cause I'm the only one that is right here', especially when you have such a low post count.
Most people that read these threads are going to heed the advice of posters with a higher post count as many of them have earned respect in this community due to their harm reducing replies. I'm not saying your posts are not going to be read.. but its easier for BLers to pay attention to posts that are made by a long-time BLer that they recognize over someone with less than 50 posts and a name they don't know.

Adding Diphenhydramine or antihistamines with Opiates is dangerous if the user doesn't have a high tolerance.

The preparations you mentioned are prescribed by a doctor, you are NOT a doctor so don't make the assumption that it's ok for you to recommend it.

In no way or form did he say 'look at me, read my posts cause i'm the only one that's right here' and post count has nothing to do with providing good information, you need to stop being a negative cunt and realize you are not the person who is always right, in fact most of the posts i read from you are horribly wrong.

Also, you aren't even a moderator, and it's funny you try and act like one cause you fail each time.

MAJ.pain and others are right, especially if he/she isn't an occasional user.

Morning Bell, if I were you I would consider myself lucky. I have been addicted to opiates for the past 6 years and all I can say is that opiate use generally doesn't lead anywhere pretty. Dependence is a bitch.

Not to beat a dead horse here but most of the people in this thread are right. If opiates don't agree with you, forget them and move on. Any glowing reports you hear from users come from those only on the cusp of the addiction to come. Some people are strong enough to be occasional recreational users, but many more succumb to their addictive nature. Listen to your body, its steering you in the right direction.

I would say if you have tired opiates and not enjoyed them, then just leave well enough alone. You're dealing with some of the most addictive substances there are, so if you aren't getting anything out of them it's better to just leave well enough alone. Perhaps there is a difference substance that would be better for you personally.

this. why are you trying to get yourself addicted to something that you know has the potential to ruin your life? be thankful that you don't find it the most blissful and peaceful feeling in the world.

maybe you're dosing too high, aso make sure you're hydrated.

Thats what I was thinkin. If I ate 1/2 of an 80 I'd get a nasty headache, but (2) 30's an hour apart and I'd be comfortably noddin. Now the itchin.... I loved the itchin!

i call everything asprin it dont matter if its tylenol or bayer or advil or whatever...like how i say pop instead of soda or how in the south they always say coke

When I first started taking oxycodone, the morning after I would sometimes get a MASSIVE migraine. I believe it was simply because I had taken way too much the night before. Also, you need to make sure you drink a lot of water, and stay hydrated throughout the experience. Dehydration can cause headaches as well. Like others have said, the itches can be combated by taking a small dose of an antihistamine, such as 50 mg of diphenhydramine (benadryl). This is safe in my opinion, as long as you keep track of your doses of each. (Opiates and the antihistamine). The antihistamine can potentiate the nod and sedative effects of opiates, so combining the two may allow you to take a little less of the opiate, while achieving basically the same high. By reducing your dose this way, it may help to eliminate the headaches you are experience. But, none the less, the headaches and whatnot will go away if you end up gaining a tolerance to opiates. For me they only happened maybe the first 5 or 6 times then they went away. No matter how much I take (oxy, methadone, dope, whatever) I do not get a headache.

My choice of medications for those symptoms is first off for itching ( the easiest controlled ) I would go with 25mg - 75mg of some vistiril(hydroxyzine) or just 50mg of diphenhydramine. As for the contsipation I would pig out on brans and also take mylanta powder, also taking benzodiazepines makes it more comfortable. Headaic...... Hmm I would say an NSAID.

Thanks,

New here