• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Terrible memory form benzos

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
Has anyone else got really bad memory from benzos? I have been on benzos daily for over 15 years and my memory is terrible....Even forgot some of the threads I have started on here!

ME too! my long term/short term memory is fucked, I'll remember things like months later when a friend brings it up, or there are a few isolated amphetamine induced 'incidences' that were impossible to forget but other than that I'm like a gold fish.

Yep - as long as I was using benzos on a daily basis, the whole period of my life is a bit of a blur.

Just the nature of benzos really.

It's been discovered more than 2 months of regular use will increase the likelihood of dementia or Alzheimer's by 51% or more, but I forget which one

Its horrible, I forget where I've laced them! I was legally dead many years ago, 4 minutes! I'm sure that adds to the issue. We'll all be in a senile old folks home together!

well, benzos are known as a black out type drug, so yes, memory is terrible. for even those of us who do not realize they are blacking us out, they still black out us. nevermind those of us who have used benzos along with drinking and other drugs; that is a blackout waiting to happen.

I still use them but nowadays its ONLY for bed; or maybe w/ some dope LATER at night, so even if they do black me out there was nothing to be forgotten about, lol. at least its what I am telling myself nowadays so its OK to use them still, right?

BBT don't mix benzos and opiates.... Sure you already know fatal respritory depression waiting to happen.

Benzos do that. My doc always brings it up. He suggested taking vitamin D to help combat it. You may wanna give it a try.

BBT don't mix benzos and opiates.... Sure you already know fatal respritory depression waiting to happen.

man, come on, you and I both now I've been around this long enough to know that but what do I do!? well, I still mix and always have. as dumb as it sounds, I never take a killer (truly killer in this sense) dose of benzo; at most .5-1MG/night. when using its just .5, esp. if there is Suboxone in my system; I seem to have myself believe that the benzo will give myself a better high to overcome the fent which is being blocked by the Suboxone. the killer mind of a drug addict, huh!?

but to a newbie, and many others, I agree. almost all deaths I hear about are benzo/opiate; I am even scripted benzo/opiate from the Suboxone Dr. thats if you want to count Suboxone as a opiate but he does script me the 16/MG/day as well as 1MG/xanny at night. but I use 8MG/day and .5/benzo WHEN NEEDED. I try to stay as far away as benzos as I can since I have many other problems and with the withdrawals of benzos comes seizures and I surly had enough of those in life.

taco, I appreciate it, brotha. but been through it too many times to stop now.

man, come on, you and I both now I've been around this long enough to know that but what do I do!? well, I still mix and always have. as dumb as it sounds, I never take a killer (truly killer in this sense) dose of benzo; at most .5-1MG/night. when using its just .5, esp. if there is Suboxone in my system; I seem to have myself believe that the benzo will give myself a better high to overcome the fent which is being blocked by the Suboxone. the killer mind of a drug addict, huh!?

but to a newbie, and many others, I agree. almost all deaths I hear about are benzo/opiate; I am even scripted benzo/opiate from the Suboxone Dr. thats if you want to count Suboxone as a opiate but he does script me the 16/MG/day as well as 1MG/xanny at night. but I use 8MG/day and .5/benzo WHEN NEEDED. I try to stay as far away as benzos as I can since I have many other problems and with the withdrawals of benzos comes seizures and I surly had enough of those in life.

Read a lot about benzo/pain killer deaths........It seems benzos and Pregabalin are ok to be taken together though? Hope so as I am prescribed 2 benzos and now Pregabalin!

is this with people taking therepeutic doses of benzos long term? or recreational use?

i have heard of it before, and it frightens me that perhaps it would be quite difficult to reverse ?

I have had a few ODs on benzos and I took them long term. I quit a taking them daily a while ago and only take them prn now. My short term memory is bad and I have what I like to refer to as false memories. A false memory is I will try to remember something that happened and I will have remembered most of it, but my brain will fill in the parts that it doesn't remember. It has happened so many times that I will say "I swear to god that is how it happened!" and I will have to be reminded that it happened completely differently.

I seriously hope this gets better with time.

Read a lot about benzo/pain killer deaths........It seems benzos and Pregabalin are ok to be taken together though? Hope so as I am prescribed 2 benzos and now Pregabalin!

believe me, I know.. well, not so much about the pregabalin thing but the benzo/opiate thing. I have done it for years and years but always made it through. the thing is, I will always take a very low dosage of benzos (usually .5 to 1MG of xanny) and then shoot my usual fent/dope which will be around a G throughout a 4 our period. I never had problems; I dont consider it mixing; I am just taking my benzo to help sleep but it just so happens I did a bunch of dope prior that night.

I understand many drop, and many are fully aware of how this all works. I would never want a "newbie" to double dip like this but I do not consider myself double dipping; I do not use the benzo to get fucked up; yes, sometimes I will take a .5 as I use the dope but that is to take myself down (in my own mind) since I am using a Suboxone as well earlier in the day.

yes, all typical user thinking but its been going on so long that the benzo/dope/fent combo has never scared me.

but, believe me, I tell EVERYONE to please NEVER TRY and NEVER DO IT! I heard too many "hardcore" addicts dropping from playing this type game.

i just ask because there have been debates where people take prescribed benzos and are really defensive about potential side effects of long term use.

but i have always heard and thought that its a drug that should be taken for up to 3-4 weeks consecutively and then no more, so much bad news about the WD.

You need Noopept. Legal, accessible online, cheap, efficient, and useful for more than only memory ! Other nootropics can help but I found Noopept to be the best at memory boost and to fight amnesia created by other kind of drugs.

I agree with you BBT, I am prescribed both and I take 2mg K-pins at night around 830pm and my opiate dosage around 4pm. As a Veteran I am prescribed psych meds by the VA but my pain meds by a PM Doc as the VA won't script benzos and Pain meds.

My memory hasn't been too bad and I have been in and off benzos for about 14 years the longest being 2 years which my dose is 3 mg a day I try not to exceed that dose.

my memory is kinda gonzo but as I probably said before, its because I have a brain tumor on the left frontal lobe which is cancerous. so not only do I usually take xanax but I am also on keppra and gabapentin (I probably said this before, too) ,ha. my short term sucks, man.

I kinda remember the kid years and teen years, and things that happened in the early 20's but if its a "small" thing, like a name, street, etc, I have NO CHANCE at remembering that. its funny because I have been seeing the same Dr. now for about 3 years and I still forget his name every time I see him; same goes for the nurses and others in the office. I am always upfront and honest about it and just tell them "listen, I forgot your name, again". they are fully aware of it.

kinda funny cuz last week I went to a class having to do w/ brain tumors and everyone in that class was saying they go weekly but no one remember anyones name, ha. it was my first time going; I was the youngest in the class by about 20yrs or so - 33. but just funny hearing everyone elses problems and me being right there with them. it kinda worries me but at the same time makes me feel good.