• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Terrible Cannabis Experience

ajm79er

Greenlighter
I'm an infrequent cannabis user, and just last night I smoked maybe a quarter of a blunt and absolutely freaked out. I mean, what I was experiencing didn't seem real. I felt like I was in hell and would never escape, and I was actually hallucinating. 15 minutes seemed like hours, and my perception of the world was very altered. I knew I was high, but it was absolutely terrifying and I was screaming at the top of my lungs. I'm on depakote and buspirone for bipolar disorder. Do you think the drugs are to blame for my abnormal reaction to cannabis?

Quite possibly it was part of a reaction from your bi polar and the drugs you take. It sounds like you should steer clear from weed to me.

When people are infrequent users of weed they get hit a lot harder because they have no tolerance. It happens to me when I have a big break and then get some potent weed, i've sometimes felt like I was sort of tripping or nearly passed out.

Everyones brains are wired a bit differently so it's impossible to know exactly what happened really.

yeah it's usually just a matter of the low tolerance & strong weed combo.

but with being on medication and being bi-polar i wouldn't smoke weed to further mess with my brain chemistry.

if it was decent weed a "quarter of a blunt" can very well be a massive dose, especially with little tolerance.

low tolerance + high dose = no fun (typically)

if i have no tolerance usually 1 or 2 tokes is enough for me, never mind a quarter of a blunt.