Mental Health Terrible and awful experience

T

thegreatest

hello so my name is so and so for now , i have recently been released from psych facility where i was detained on a warrant for longer than the typical 48 hours well i was here i felt used and abused wrongly treated neglected my rights and imprisoned against my will. The nurses were poorly education and often old hags, the other patients were out of hand and usually wanting to conspirasize. Some although were very interesting and sharred the same interest and problems i was having. I might later get into the history of my life and the huge deli-ma that doesn't end.
I live in Texas and to my knowledge i dont believe my parents can even file a warrant with out some form of proof my violence or harm to one self. please note that i have never wanted to hurt my self or any one else other than self defense. I would also like to add even it were to be a legal warrent how could they hold me past 48 hours, while i was there is saw many people come and go who were on the same warrant as i was: a magistrate. to continue i was held here for two weeks where i explained to them (the doctors) that the reason for being in here is that my parents are sick and freaked out about my research studies about asbestos, which does call hallucinations. I was finding fibrous deposits around where i grew up i was taking samples from the sites and comparing them with the internet sources and sending some to the epa and other agencies to begin testing, the doctors told me that i was schizophrenia for doing this and that i was having delusions about this stuff and that it isn't real. i then brought samples on to the facility to show the doctors and a judge at court hearing two weeks after my original detention, the doctors on the other hand were trying to have the court order psychiatric medications to treat me for believing that there was asbestos in the town i am from. anyways long story short i went through those two weeks saying not a word to any one but maybe one friend i met while i was in there, i simply answered the series of questions that the doctors asked in the morning with yes or no and that is it. these questions were usually: have you ever wanted to hurt any one or yourself? no> have you ever had any visual or auditory hallucinations? no> and do you believe asbestos is real? and yes? at then end of the two weeks we had the hearing and all three doctors testified that i was terminally ill and i testified that i wasnt and that its only asbestos that makes you think i am delusional but i am not delusionlizing asbestos so how can i be ill. its real. my parents were also here at the hearing and testified that it was actually asbestos under there breath, given this is a field my father has done work in. Gives them no reasons to say that this stuff is not asbestos. I have read large some of text on pyschology and philosophy and no for fact that i am not in any form of psychosis just may be a little ocd. Lastly iwas held here at theis pysch facility for nearly a month where i was wrongly treated like i say earlier and given pyschiatric medications (invega) (paliperidone) which have ruined me and left me souless. which i might explain in other threads but long story short i havent ejaculated in a month and two weeks and i havent been able to feel my self either and this is just ultimately terrible and awful. this is my testimony please read i am 22 years old and neeed help. i have contacted disablity rights and lawyers from all around to get this situation on a wraps and hopefully gain some kind of settlement for my horrible expereience and copinsations for being jobless and lossing a month of my life at a crucial time in my research . Please reply soon and help i will log on once a day and add some blurp of thoughts or knowledge or info upon this matter. righ now the side effects are getting to me

Hi OP. I'm sorry you are having these troubles. As frustrating as it is, facilities can hold you past the initial 48 hours of there is concern for you safety or the safety of others. If you were given invega it sounds like you may have been in a state of psychosis which would be cause to hold you. Invega is notorious for negative side effects and it can take some time to recover. Check out the Invega Megathread as it discusses many of the issues with that drug along with how people have been affected and what they are doing to recover. Good luck!

I am going to move this to the Mental Health forum as I think the OP will get better feedback there.
TDS --> MH