View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous TENS therapy during a psychedelic experience

Anonymous Dissident

Bluelighter
Ever since I wrecked my neck and shoulder a couple years ago, I've used a TENS unit at night to calm my screaming radial neuropathy. I'm curious, has anyone tried TENS therapy while under the influence of a psychedelic? Was it a positive, neutral, or negative sensation. I'll find out 1st hand before long, but I'm curious to he ar about other people's experiences and in the mean time. Anyone?

Can't help with your question but I'd be keen to hear what your experience was like with it?

Sounds like it could go either way!

I think they use to call this the black box years ago. I think I read in Papa John (John Philips) book that they tried to use it during opiate withdrawal.

I have never heard anything positive on this until now. I am so glad it does work for you. If you do get a chance to try it while tripping give us an update. I am interested AD. In the meantime I am going to refresh my memory on the TENS unit.

I think they use to call this the black box years ago. I think I read in Papa John (John Philips) book that they tried to use it during opiate withdrawal.

I have never heard anything positive on this until now. I am so glad it does work for you. If you do get a chance to try it while tripping give us an update. I am interested AD. In the meantime I am going to refresh my memory on the TENS unit.
I know someone who found it helpful during childbirth and also heard some people rate it for pain relief

@Anonymous Dissident
I experimented with a tens unit, I don't think I used it at the same time as psychedelic, it is a bit of an annoying and strange thing I have not used it in 4 years.
the world is plenty strange on drugs without getting electroshocks at the same time

Be very careful, I would not want to use a TENS unit or device like it while tripping, as you might accidentally hurt yourself with it, put it on your chest, face, tongue, eyes, etc.