Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Temporary - Editing Depression OP thoughts, ideas, QNA

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
Hiya,

Rather than comment on the depression thread - which will de-rail thread from its purpose - supporting one another (n de-railing Gibz, that's usually for banter n stuff) I thought I'd make this temporarily and delete it once it's finished. Also, I've just asked Shambles about allowing people to E-mails re threads, but on thinking about it, rather than E-mailing stuff to staff who are busy enough if you post it here I can post it on to the main thread.

I hope this is ok if not, I'll delete it been up all night sorting this and there's quite a lot of stuff out there. It just bugs me the posts there at mo (because it may stop people from posting for support)

Some questions -
  • do you want UK and American labels of meds or just UK?
  • Do you think things such as Bipolar should be mentioned?
  • Also would you want helplines that are not necessary Depression, but may have been a cause for depression, such as bereavement?
  • Would anyone like to tell their story of, say, living with depression, managing, overcoming it? Shall we have a friend / family member write how it felt like for them when someone they loved was depressed?

Really sorry if I'm being annoying or going on about this (I do tend to do that, sorry) just really want this to be a team effort rather than just something I've done, due to the subject matter. Another reason why I would like it to be a team effort rather than just me is because I tend to have a habit of getting enthusiastic over a project, thinking big, getting overwhelmed, putting it off n not finishing it. Also I'll be going through comedown / Subs WD so help would be ace.

Thanks n sorry for waffling on.

Evey

Last edited:
Anyone here from Europe or Africa? Can you help me out with call line numbers? I have Google'd numbers n I can only find numbers for the UK (or the States, which doesn't apply to EADD). I found a site for French numbers but all the links seemed broken and I've no clue if these number are updated. If anyone can find me numbers and help me out could you please post them here so I can copy them into thread? Thanks :)

Evey

RE: labels - read up on the active ingredient in each med and its general family (SSRI/SNRI/MAOi/TCA....) - no matter the packaging it is the drug itself of note.

RE: Bi-Polar Disorder cannot be avoided or skirted around, and especially not in its familial extensions and liquefaction of Axes and their reductionist, archaic and desperate almost pathological need to adorn each incidence with neat, non-divergent and never-ever-wrong-ever-never borderlines, boxes and technicalities.
Akin to proclaiming with "divine" (my punctuation and its implication are obvious by now, no?) knowledge that the entire ElectroMagnetic Spectrum is contained within the visible light range of a camel with cataracts.

RE: All services should be prepared to deal with the emotive crises presented - if your job as a Psych. Nurse allows open-dialogue with a Depressive patient but leaves one stumped with bereavement and its ilk then they seem to have misplaced "empathy" and "compassion" with "read the textbook for a 9-5".

RE: (Self-)History - realised I was "different" at 4, schizotypal tendencies mixed with hypomanic sociability and a chemical consumption curiosity and a climate not unlike crazy's cauldron until I left "home" at 15.
My illness built me. My illness killed me. My illness does not define me. My illness is my solid gold scepter dripping tetradotoxin faster as I grip it harder.

Wow glad you're ok, Sprouty. Beem worried about you as since you've been mod don't think you been away <3 i like that last quote it's so powerful n a good way to perceive things.

I've only been able to a small bits. Was up other night n felt like 10 minutes had gone.
Thanks for was wondering whether to mention Bipolar or whether people wanted to discuss that in the MH thread but you're right about it being included here cause of the depression part.

You're right about the empathy When I did my counselling we were told about not giving advise, not disclosing self, being non-judgemental n being one's own supervisor meaming when to know when things are not right so if you're with a client n say they're a violent thiug n the counsellor has personal issues with biolent thugs, then referring them. Another situation could be when the counsellor feels that they're incompetent to deal with a certain situation they'll either refer the client on to a counsellor
Who is conpetent at dealing with that situation - or the counsellor could decide to continue working eith that client and seek more supervision (each counsellor has a supervisor) during the period of counselling this client, in order to deal with stuff to properly help the client n not impact on the counsellor-client relationship (they may do further self awareness as well as supervision. . keeping the client in safe container. The counsellor's is there to help the client to empower themselves, for instance by helping them to see their own blindspots etc CBT n counselling are different. They have completely different approaches at interacting with, n helping cluent

Evey