• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Temazepam?

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I used to be prescribed Xanax for PTSD but the euphoria people speak of I guess for me was just forgetting yesterday and being tired. Helped with immediate panic attacks but it didn't last long. Been on Clonazepam for years (2mg 2x a day) and honestly only take 1mg a day. No good feelings or anything but no random crying or suicidal thoughts.

I also have been on Temazepam for years. I was looking on the forums to see any possible long-term issues, but instead ran into countless threads saying Temazepam is "the most therapeutic benzo". For me, I feel nothing from it at all and it sometimes helps to sleep, sometimes not. I don't take it every night but I get 30mg every night to take.

For those with experience; is it truly the most "therapeutic benzo"? I am just trying to process this and since all benzos make you tired in high enough doses, and this one is specifically designed for sleep, is the euphoria just like nodding out or something? Also, it comes in capsules. Never felt the need to mess with my meds so not sure what is in them

More like the most therapeutic benzo to resemble an intoxicant like Alcohol or GHB in effect. Ime, it hits hard at 15mg and produces a nice wobbly glow of an sensation. Unlike any other benzo I have taken.

More like the most therapeutic benzo to resemble an intoxicant like Alcohol or GHB in effect. Ime, it hits hard at 15mg and produces a nice wobbly glow of an sensation. Unlike any other benzo I have taken.

Really? Like just 15MG in the capsule? It didn't help my insomnia so I have 30MG and have never taken it recreationally or during the day. Just for sleep. Interesting that it has such a nice feeling for some people, maybe it would during the day?

Have been reading threads on this stuff and cannot believe the responses! I am prescribed Clonazepam 2mg 2x a day for anxiety and PTSD, the 30mg of Temazepam is just for sleep. Would the Temazepam work better than the Clonazepam if I were to take it in place of it for anxiety?

Have been reading threads on this stuff and cannot believe the responses! I am prescribed Clonazepam 2mg 2x a day for anxiety and PTSD, the 30mg of Temazepam is just for sleep. Would the Temazepam work better than the Clonazepam if I were to take it in place of it for anxiety?
Being used to the effects of benzodiazepinen can quickly give one tolerance to the effects. I had zero at that time, and still have none while you are allready used to them. 4mg Clonazepam is a firm dose which will raise tolerance also as they both benzo's.

Benzo'z are sadly not prescribed for anxiety or any other indication that much over here. They are discouraged to be prescribed over here. But Temazepam technically seem's more like a hypnotic to assist passing out. But off label any sedative would be usefull against anxiety I guess. But I wouldn't wanna wd from a short acting one nor a longer on. But temazepam is short in action, so more risk for rebound of the symptoms it seem's less appropiate for your cause imo.

Last edited:

Hi Future Reference,

I have just finished reading your posts and have a very simular history in using benzodiazepines. I have read the same things as you over the years. This is my honest opinion based on years of Benzodiazepine use. Temazepam is good for sleeping and should only be used for that. The VERY first couple of times using it, there is indeed a nice euphoria if you fight sleeping but this is only noticeable for the first few days.

I am also on 2x2mg clonazepam daily (have been for years, mostly to treat my RLS but also to add to my GAD and SAD) I find that it still works great although I may not seem like it. Meaning I dont particularly "feel it kick in" like I used too, but if i go a few days without taking it its clear as day what im missing out on. Its like a silent treatment.

To answer your question no, definitely stay with the clonazepam. Temazepam wont work for anti-anxiety, PTSD,GAD,SAD.

If your finding clonazepam is not doing the job anymore, do what I did and take a six month break from it. I would suggest to your doctor a simular long half life benzodiazepine such as Diazepam or preferably Lorazepam.

Good luck,
Andy

Future Reference which country are you in by the way?

Hey brother,

I am in the US. I just woke up and it has been like clockwork these past few days, always the same time! I cannot believe how similar your story is to mine! I too suffer from RLS and BAD. I forgot just how bad it was until I skipped my daily Clonzepam dose and my nightly Oxycodone and man. I HAVE to move my legs man. It is much worse than any withdrawals I have ever experienced. Just a constant ache within my hamstrings that radiates through my legs in entirety.

I have chronic pain so I sleep with 4 pillows under my legs for my lower back and I wake up to them being all over the room! When my father had cancer I would sleep by his side and he said I kicked him so hard some nights he tried to rest on the edge of the bed. I don't think the physical symptoms while I'm asleep will ever dissipate but thank you so much for your response man! I completely forgot how helpful my medications have been in keeping my RLS at bay! And I know this sounds stupid but how do I react to posts? I was going to try swapping my morning dose for Temazepam and am extremely thankful for your replies! No need to fix what isn't broken and since you can relate to me you know there isn't any euphoria from these benzos aside from the relief of anxiety, fear and the worst thing I have ever, ever experienced, Restless Leg Syndrome. Thanks again man!

Hey brother,

I am in the US. I just woke up and it has been like clockwork these past few days, always the same time! I cannot believe how similar your story is to mine! I too suffer from RLS and BAD. I forgot just how bad it was until I skipped my daily Clonzepam dose and my nightly Oxycodone and man. I HAVE to move my legs man. It is much worse than any withdrawals I have ever experienced. Just a constant ache within my hamstrings that radiates through my legs in entirety.

I have chronic pain so I sleep with 4 pillows under my legs for my lower back and I wake up to them being all over the room! When my father had cancer I would sleep by his side and he said I kicked him so hard some nights he tried to rest on the edge of the bed. I don't think the physical symptoms while I'm asleep will ever dissipate but thank you so much for your response man! I completely forgot how helpful my medications have been in keeping my RLS at bay! And I know this sounds stupid but how do I react to posts? I was going to try swapping my morning dose for Temazepam and am extremely thankful for your replies! No need to fix what isn't broken and since you can relate to me you know there isn't any euphoria from these benzos aside from the relief of anxiety, fear and the worst thing I have ever, ever experienced, Restless Leg Syndrome. Thanks again man!

No worries man. Yeah I completely feel your frustration. RLS is a real bitch and a half. My years of methamphetamine use unfortunately brought out the RLS to the extream. No doubt from damage to my central nervous system. On the times ive forgotten to take my clonazepam for whatever reason for a couple of days, im literly shaking and twitching beyond belief. Even walking in public is embarrassing as standing still you can see my legs shaking.

In regards to reacting to a post (this is a new function to bluelight!) You will see the word "like" at the bottom right hand corner of each post. Just like you do on Facebook, you can tap it to "like" or hold it for a second and the different options will show (?,?,? ect)

Andy

I'm not really sure what you mean by the most therapeutic benzo, but quite frankly, none of them are therapeutic, they simply stop you feeling as anxious for the first few weeks. Then when your tolerance increases, you either have to up your dose or you're back to feeling the same way, but you're now physically reliant on a chemical (of course depending on many factors such as how long your on them, body chemistry etc.)
If or when (usually when) you are forced to quit, the withdrawals magnify those negative feelings you had in the first place, in my experience.

I love benzos, but they feel to me just like a little holiday from reality, which to many if us is very tough to face.

Unfortunately the only effective therapy is therapy and maintenance of a healthy body and mind.

More often than not this doesn't include benzos, although for those of you talking about clonazepam still working for you after years, great! I truly hope you never are forced to quit taking them, though. This does happen unfortunately, when people change doctors or their government gets a hard on for a certain chemical family (like opiates in the USA at the moment).

To actually answer your question, you could try taking your temazepam in the day, but as others have said, it's only a lot of people's favourite benzo because it makes them feel wobbly and euphoric. This will only last a week or so and they'll do nothing but fuck your memory.
Although you did say yourself they often do nothing to you at 30mg, so I doubt you'll feel much benefit, if any.

If your finding clonazepam is not doing the job anymore, do what I did and take a six month break from it. I would suggest to your doctor a simular long half life benzodiazepine such as Diazepam or preferably Lorazepam.
What a difference globally in the willingness to prescribe, one can suggest a other benzo during a 6 month break? Wow.

Where I recide only a crooked doc will prescribe a benzo, or take on a suggestion for rotating to another in order for a tolerance break. I used to have one but his willingness was more then compensated with the lack on the rest of his task. Being a dr.

What a difference globally in the willingness to prescribe, one can suggest a other benzo during a 6 month break? Wow.

Where I recide only a crooked doc will prescribe a benzo, or take on a suggestion for rotating to another in order for a tolerance break. I used to have one but his willingness was more then compensated with the lack on the rest of his task. Being a dr.

That is unfortunate. I could ask for Xanax instead of my Temazepam for sleep but it does the job well. I have seen people die in the military though and my PTSD is intense to a degree I cannot explain. Vivid daydreams, etc. In the US it is hard for the average person to get drugs they might need, but many people simply do not need Benzos.

But don't think it is perfect here! I was hit in combat and after a number of surgeries and only given 40mg of Oxycodone a day. The "opioid crisis" is a real thing (to the government) and some pharmacies don't even carry narcotics anymore. Crooked doctors existed here but now that all prescriptions must be sent virtually they are far too afraid. Overprescribing is very rare now. The only redeeming quality about my Pain doctor is he quite literally says "Well. Fentanyl, Buprenorphine, Tramadol, Hydrocodone, no go. We have Morphine, Oxycodone and Methadone left on the list. Thoughts?" I know Oxycodone works to a degree so went with that. Best of luck to you if you aren't getting medicine you need to function properly.

PTSD from war trauma is a pretty solid diagnosis for being prescribed a benzodiazepine. I hope veteran's around here get treated likewise. My shit is no where so severe, but a dr who will work with you like your's is a godsend.

To reduce the ammount of prescription's on the whole fam excluding diazepam if I am correct. Probably because it is a mayor muscle relaxer cq anti-epileptic. The prescriber would have to indicate it to a certain extent to get coverage from your insurance. If he feels you need them, but not really that bad, and don't apply for the indication. You pay the fee. The sole reason I stopped the script.

Weird situation medically wise, but it is what it is. Glad I never got myself hooked!

some will laugh:
phenibut every three days @1.25g and daily kratom 4-5 low doses (1.5-2g).
this is my routine and it seems to work for me.
love all the substances posted but i do prefer alprazolam if i feel the monkey. all i need is an hour or two and all is back to "normal".
had a lot of DOCs over the years but i'm leaning toward phenibut. just seems i found what works and along with the kratom surroundings are mostly manageable.
was on many scripts and they were all lacking (for me) and contraindicating... buggin'.
Not sure if this has been mentioned but benzos have been connected to maybe dementia or other issues in the long-term use and specially in elderly (?):
Alcohol is quite damaging and onset of wet-brain quicker, maybe... IDK. I had my fill as a kid and know that it is not my BFF.
I post this from experience and no citations so take it with a grain of salt; if one will.
;)

Appreciate your input man! Alzheimers has been commonly accepted as a genetic issue and since my grandma deteriorated while I was a child my risk is most likely higher as is. I'm willing to add the extra risk to avoid the PTSD and random bouts of crying or suicide attempts. I do wish conclusive data was made available but maybe one day I will be part of a study or something lol

before benzos it was other chemicals... barbiturates, mehaqualone and others that may or may not have played a role. hell... we killing ourselves in so many ways it may be impossible to nail down one cause.
lost my pops through demtia-esque circumstances. wasnt pretty.
keep ya mind sharp and dont get lazy.
:)

Last edited:

This is not common practice for doctors in Australia. Most avoid prescribing benzodiazepines unless they have too.

I have a *very* unique realationship with my doctor. Im 30 and he has been my gp sense I was 5 years old. I have been completely honest about my drug use (meth,benzos ect)

One day when I was about 20 and trying to quit meth I straight up said Mark (we are on first name basis) I'll be straight up with you, Im going cold turkey on meth and diazepam isn't enough to deal with the immediate with draw. I need 2mg Xanax ontop of my diazepam to stop the panic attacks. I can buy bottles of them for $xxx blackmarket but thats half my pay gone. Would you be willing to prescribe me with a once of Xanax prescription so I have money for rent?

He said Andy, thats the most honest thing Ive had a patient tell me in 25 years. I can always tell a bullshitter from a mile away. My job is to help you get better. " Now at medical school they taught us the last thing to do is prescribe a drug of dependence (benzos,opioids ect) to a patient with addiction. However what you have explained to me makes sense and I know alprazolam would help due to its fast onset compared to diazepam. As long as your honest with me mate I will do the right thing by you"

I ended up walking out with 100x2mg clonazepam, 50x2mg Alprazolam and 50x5mg diazepam script lol. The chemist had the weirdest look on his face, i think he double checked to make sure they wernt fake lol.

Which is more effective for sleep.. Temazepam or Nitrazepam?

I've had Nitrazepam and it knocked me out cold.

Which is more effective for sleep.. Temazepam or Nitrazepam?

I've had Nitrazepam and it knocked me out cold.

Nitrazepam is. However it has more of a hang over effect. That is why GP's prescribe Temazepam first off.

Hey all,

I used to be prescribed Xanax for PTSD but the euphoria people speak of I guess for me was just forgetting yesterday and being tired. Helped with immediate panic attacks but it didn't last long. Been on Clonazepam for years (2mg 2x a day) and honestly only take 1mg a day. No good feelings or anything but no random crying or suicidal thoughts.

I also have been on Temazepam for years. I was looking on the forums to see any possible long-term issues, but instead ran into countless threads saying Temazepam is "the most therapeutic benzo". For me, I feel nothing from it at all and it sometimes helps to sleep, sometimes not. I don't take it every night but I get 30mg every night to take.

For those with experience; is it truly the most "therapeutic benzo"? I am just trying to process this and since all benzos make you tired in high enough doses, and this one is specifically designed for sleep, is the euphoria just like nodding out or something? Also, it comes in capsules. Never felt the need to mess with my meds so not sure what is in them
Benzos are the mosst confuisng drugs for me.I'm not sure what "effects" youre looking for, but for anxiety anax works for me when it was prescribed for my anxiety during opiate withdrawal , but clonozepam made me feel more tired while during that awful tired.
Hey all,

I'm not sure what "effects" youre looking for but xanax works better than clonozepam for me when i was prescribed for my extreme anxiety, during Opiate withdrawal.Temazepam however is ,for me, The most recreational benzo i've tried .For insomnia(whatever the cases were /are) Nitrazepam works for me and its my no2 benzo for anxieties/insomnia and recreational use. But the most important thing for me is TO know my tolerance. Stay Safe