• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Temazepam

RazorBladeSlide

Greenlighter
1) Does anyone here find temazepam useful for sleep?

2) Can you get a high at all from temazepam? And if so whats the best way (i.e snort, inject, etc. )? And at what dose does it take to get high off of it?

Thanks guys

Last edited:
1) Yes, it is useful for sleep.

2) Bluelight isn't here to help you getting high, sorry.

^This. Temazepam is used for sleep and is one of the more effective drugs in its class (including the z-drugs). Your mileage may vary, however.

Bluelight isn't here to help you get high, but a quick Google search will show you that, for some people anyway, temazepam is one of the most "recreational" benzos. A good portion of the general population does not find any "high" from benzos at all, however.

Homeless --> Basic Drug Discussion

If it were absolutely necessary, temazepam would be the only benzo I would actually use for sleep, as it does not disrupt the restorative REM sleep stage, unlike other benzos.

Try 1mg of Melatonin, 12.5-25mg Doxylamine Succinate (the sedating ingredient in NyQuil), 400mg chelated magnesium, and 100-200mg L-Theanine before you jump in to daily benzo usage. The Magnesium and Melatonin actually increase REM sleep, and Melatonin has shown to be as effective as Ambien on a long term basis, after tolerance to Ambien's hypnotic effects had been formed.

Save the temazepam for occasional recreational use, as to not build up an unnecessary dependence to benzos.

I took it for maybe a year or more along side clonazepam for sleep related issues.

People react differently to different benzos. Temazepam is supposed to be one of the ones that will knock you out, It didn't do that too well for me but was still better than most other meds i had been on for sleep.

Its addictive. All benzos are but temazepam has a history of abuse more so then some benzos. Be careful with it!

I would say no you can't get high on it - but that really is very subjective. A lot of people love being benzo'd out - its not for everyone and can be very dangerous so I don't suggest it.

Temazepam could help you for a quick one night where you really just need some sleep but long term use is definitely not recommended. Think carefully before you go down that road.

it helps A LOT for insomnia shrt erm, but less and less as toleance builds...

As a recreational benz, if you find benzos in general pleasant, you'll def enjoy temaz

I wish I could answer this with experienced knowledge..

I feel so left out...

Out of the benzos I have used (alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam) tempazepam has been the most useful for sleep. Also, the most forgetting.

seconded -
the combination of temazepam and clonazepam was the first and only time I've felt addicted to something and needed to quit.

Temazepam works great for sleep. You can take a moderate dose and gently fall asleep, or you can take a slightly higher dose to be KO'd into the next day.
It is also the most recreational benzo I've ever done (and I've done 19 different benzos!).

It is useful for sleep, but make sure you don't take it regularly (preferably three days, one without, three days, one without - at least) or your tolerance will rise very quickly - at least in my experience.

It was the first hypnotic that I found gave me sufficient relief, but even with careful dosing and breaks every now and then, my tolerance rose quite quickly. Nitrazepam is the best hypnotic I have tried - temazepam worked for about two weeks, but then I'd be dosing in the 80mg range with a beer or two to get sleep.

Tolerance to temazepam does build up rather quickly compared to a lot of other benzos I've done. I find nitrazepam to be a very sedating benzo, a bit more than temazepam even, but I find temazepam more effective for sleep. I don't know why, but I always wake up once or twice in the middle of the night when I take nitrazepam for sleep. Of course I fall back asleep immediately, but it's still strange. Temazepam I never wake up.

Temazepam works great for sleep. You can take a moderate dose and gently fall asleep, or you can take a slightly higher dose to be KO'd into the next day.
It is also the most recreational benzo I've ever done (and I've done 19 different benzos!).

hmmm...sleep?
What is this word you speak of?

gently falling sounds amazing...
I don't want to be knocked out..
I enjoy morning time. I just think it would be fun to see
how my mind would function after some stillness.

Nitraz is one I'll be giving a go this coming week...
If and when my days aren't a continuous
20-22 hours long..
I think I won't know how to act.

pete..mgrady..I appreciate concern and don't take it lightly. :)

-token

Ive been prescribed plenty of benzos. Xanax, ativan, klonopin, valium, and restoril (temazepam)

Personally I haven't ever gotten a nice high off any of them. Ive tried high doses. Xanax makes me very relaxed but pretty tired. Klonopin even at 5mg or so doesn't do a thing, same with ativan. Valium helps me a ton with anxiety but not.in a rrecreational way and doesn't help me.sleep.

Recently ive had horrible insomnia. Ill go 2 or 3 nights with 0 sleep. For this purpose I was given temazepam 30mg. This immediately has become my favorite. At 60mg it puts me in a very relaxed outgoing state. It doesn't make me super tired either, it just allows me to be so relaxed that I can sleep when I want.

As far as how to take it. Just orally is the way to go. With near 100% bioavailabilty there's no need for any other route of administration.

As many have said, benzos effect each differently. For me temazepam is the only one I consider to have rec value. That's just my opinion. My body chemistry Apparently does well with it.

Forgot to mention rohypnol. I do find that to be euphoric actually. But getting it is not worth it.

Ive been prescribed plenty of benzos. Xanax, ativan, klonopin, valium, and restoril (temazepam)

Personally I haven't ever gotten a nice high off any of them. Ive tried high doses. Xanax makes me very relaxed but pretty tired. Klonopin even at 5mg or so doesn't do a thing, same with ativan. Valium helps me a ton with anxiety but not.in a rrecreational way and doesn't help me.sleep.

Recently ive had horrible insomnia. Ill go 2 or 3 nights with 0 sleep. For this purpose I was given temazepam 30mg. This immediately has become my favorite. At 60mg it puts me in a very relaxed outgoing state. It doesn't make me super tired either, it just allows me to be so relaxed that I can sleep when I want.

As far as how to take it. Just orally is the way to go. With near 100% bioavailabilty there's no need for any other route of administration.

As many have said, benzos effect each differently. For me temazepam is the only one I consider to have rec value. That's just my opinion. My body chemistry Apparently does well with it.

Forgot to mention rohypnol. I do find that to be euphoric actually. But getting it is not worth it.

I've never found any benzo yet that feels euphoric, in any other way beyond..
feeling better.
I always liked that part.

If having to only pick one...diaz would definitely be #1 for me.
Not recreational...
but I enjoy recreational time more w/it.
True love.
Which makes me think that temazepam is worth a shot.;)

~token