• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Temazepam Tolerance

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I've been on 10mg Temazepam every night for 5 days and its no where near as effective as it was the first few nights of taking it and my insomnia is gradually starting to come back as my tolerance to Temazepam increases! is this tolerance starting to set in? And this quick?? How should I deal with this? Cheers guys.

You having withdrawals from your oxy taper? I did mention in your other thread that tolerance increases quite quickly to them. Are you honestly sticking to the 10mg doses? No judgements at all it just would help answer your question better.

You having withdrawals from your oxy taper? I did mention in your other thread that tolerance increases quite quickly to them. Are you honestly sticking to the 10mg doses? No judgements at all it just would help answer your question better.

I've paused my oxy taper at 60mg/day which ive been on for over a week cos of other problems, ive even stopped the Kratom cos I got sick of necking hand fulls of caps! Yeah I've stuck to the 10mg/night and my script runs out on Tuesday so I've got two left.

Have you abused benzos in the past? I think I’ve seen a few posts saying you’d used them?

Diz asks the right question here, if you've used benzos before you can expect tolerance to increase faster than it would if you were benzo naive due to the kindling effect.

If I have a break from benzos for a few weeks I can feel the full effect of 10mg diazepam as if I was benzo naive again, but this lasts only a few days until my tolerance rises noticeably even if I am a good boy with my doses. That's just how benzos (and GABAergics in general) are.

I've had benzos in the past but it was a long time ago. I've got an appointment with my GP today so I'll mention it to him. Maybe I should have a few days break from them, I shouldn't experience any WD cos I've only been taking them for about 7-10 days at a low dose.

I've been on 10mg Temazepam every night for 5 days and its no where near as effective as it was the first few nights of taking i

This is normal, benzos work best when used occasionally, not every night.
Thankfully 10mg temazepam is not a lot, that's maybe 5mg Valium equivalent max? So, you shouldn't have any withdrawals to speak of but please keep in mind that a benzo habit is very hard to break once started.

I think the guidelines for UK benzo use suggest no more than 14 days continuous use - while that's arguably very conservative it's worth keeping in mind...

This is normal, benzos work best when used occasionally, not every night.
Thankfully 10mg temazepam is not a lot, that's maybe 5mg Valium equivalent max? So, you shouldn't have any withdrawals to speak of but please keep in mind that a benzo habit is very hard to break once started.

I think the guidelines for UK benzo use suggest no more than 14 days continuous use - while that's arguably very conservative it's worth keeping in mind...

Yeah I'm gonna take a few days break from them. The NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) guidelines states that benzos should not be used for any longer than 2-4 weeks so I'm still within the recommended guidelines.