• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Temazepam, nitrazepam, triazolam, and estazolam... The hypnotic purposed benzodiazepines.

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
Temazepam is generally regarded as the most euphoric benzodiazepine. Nitrazepam may have it beat though.

Halcion (triazolam) isn't really prescribed, unless you have a cool doctor, but even then the half life is not appealing; flualprazolam appears to be a better option.

Estazolam, from what I've read appears to be average.

Currently my doctor will only prescribe Z-drugs. Eszopiclone has the best binding profile to me, Ambien (zolpidem) and Sonata (zaleplon) are only selective for the a1 subunits of benzodiazepine receptors, taking away muscle relaxation and anxiety relief in turn a harder kick (they're even capable of giving rushes).

Temazepam I've tried a few times, hard to believe it's a major diazepam metabolite - diazepam is good too, but temazepam is better.

Never in my life have I came across nitrazepam being sold.

Nitrazepam sounds so great. So from what I've read I'd conclude nitrazepam, temazepam, flunitrazepam, etizolam (RIP), clonazolam, flunitrazolam, midazolam, and flubromazolam seem to be most recreational out of the many many others. (Some are non-prescription benzodiazepines... they didn't market most of the best ones, I guess because of abuse concerns).

Hopefully the nitrogen ring of midazolam starts being used more instead of all triazole rings. Midazolam's unique ring is what allows water solubility with lowered pH without destroying the molecule like acids would with other benzodiazepines.

Click below if you're interested in that part I mentioned about midazolam's nitrogen ring. Other benzodiazepines open up like that under acidic conditions, but they don't go back unlike midazolam. More RC's containing that ring instead of the classic triazole ring would be interesting. Midazolam is generally favored by addicts over flualprazolam, the latter containing the same structure except a trizole ring w/ 3 nitrogens instead of 2 like the former.

Midazolam structural changes in solution

When I was taking T20's in about 1997 the buzz was savage, I got a jar of the jellies couple months ago and no high at all, just long sleep. I just ran out of my UK Genuine Nitrazepam, I think they are in my top 3 of all benzos. (More coming of course)

I’ve not had a chance to try nitrazepam. Nor have I encountered triazolam, or estazolam for that matter. The last I could care less about. But the former two are on my list of drugs I hope to try someday.

I’ve been prescribed temazepam for years, and while I love it, diazepam is the only benzodiazepine which I consider to be at all recreational or euphoric. I’ve taken a dozen RC benzos; all the usual halogenated suspects, as well as a few non, triazoles and other whatever 1,4 pam compounds. I found them all wanting, with the exception of nitrazolam.

I believe I’d take any pharmaceutical benzo over the flu-whatever’s. They’re all shit imo.

Temazepam is great. So is nitrazepam. Tastes lovely too.

Never rely rated clonazepam. Hate etizolam it's shit.
Love to try triazolam, flunitrazepam. Flurazepam is highly rated among heroin addicts here as it's water soluble and can be Injected with H, but I don't think it's very good and midazolam is far better for IV use.

Zbdrugs are good. I like zopiclone. Zolpidem is ok for different reasons. Love to try zalepon.

I have a script for Temazepam I don't find it euphoric at all. Took my first Xanax bar about a month ago and it felt way better.

I have a script for Temazepam I don't find it euphoric at all. Took my first Xanax bar about a month ago and it felt way better.
So weird aren't they, they used to knock my block off; circulars with a T above the score mark and 20 below it. I was taking loads of these 20mg "jellies" I got a while back and seriously just more difficult to get out of bed....but I was taking them throughout the day and got nothing. Just out of curiosity, are yours the tablets or the "jellies"?

Last edited by a moderator:
With enough Temazepam it’s great. Can’t get hold of it now, just z drugs and ‘anti-histamines that make you sleep?’. Th joy lol.

Interesting you like diazepeam. I think it sucks...like near the bottom. Temazepam is the best benzo compound imo i.agree with that.

From four benzo only nitra is familiar to me.Was good.Temazepam not exist in pharmacies.Triazolam...probably that is halcyon also non existant.Never heard of estazolam.probably rc....Wish i could have some nitraz....

So weird aren't they, they used to knock my block off; circulars with a T above the score mark and 20 below it. I was taking loads of these 20mg "jellies" I got a while back and seriously just more difficult to get out of bed....but I was taking them throughout the day and got nothing. Just out of curiosity, are yours the tablets or the "jellies"?
Mine are white capsules. I destroyed my my benzo receptors with heavy z drug usage about 10 years ago, wish I could still invoke the Walrus to stop by for a visit.

Interesting you like diazepeam. I think it sucks...like near the bottom. Temazepam is the best benzo compound imo i.agree with that.
Didn't say I necessarily like Xanax, just said I tried it about a month or so ago and found it felt better. It felt like being drunk without the bad parts, I hate alcohol btw. I did feel like I had a slight alcohol hangover the next day. What I really like is Ambien but that no longer does much of anything.

Didn't say I necessarily like Xanax, just said I tried it about a month or so ago and found it felt better. It felt like being drunk without the bad parts, I hate alcohol btw. I did feel like I had a slight alcohol hangover the next day. What I really like is Ambien but that no longer does much of anything.
Just to note Xanax is aprazolam not diazepam (valium).

Xanax I agree has some more recreational potential than diazepam. I read on here recently it also agonized a dopamine receptor so that's always nice.

Just to note Xanax is aprazolam not diazepam (valium).

Xanax I agree has some more recreational potential than diazepam. I read on here recently it also agonized a dopamine receptor so that's always nice.
According to numerous studies over the years, alprazolam was found to have no euphoric effect and that both healthy subjects and former alcoholics preferred diazepam to alprazolam unanimously (double-blind study; Griffith et al. 1984a and 1984b; Orzack et al. 1988 ). Prazepam and diazepam both rated higher in subjective "drug-liking" and "euphoria" compared to alprazolam, oxazepam, halazepam, flurazepam, and lorazepam. Triazolam and temazepam were rated higher than diazepam and prazepam. Pentobarbital>methaqualone>triazolam>temazepam>diazepam>prazepam>lorazepam>flurazepam>alprazolam>oxazepam>halazepam.

Last edited:
Temazepam is generally regarded as the most euphoric benzodiazepine. Nitrazepam may have it beat though.

Halcion (triazolam) isn't really prescribed, unless you have a cool doctor, but even then the half life is not appealing; flualprazolam appears to be a better option.

Estazolam, from what I've read appears to be average.

Currently my doctor will only prescribe Z-drugs. Eszopiclone has the best binding profile to me, Ambien (zolpidem) and Sonata (zaleplon) are only selective for the a1 subunits of benzodiazepine receptors, taking away muscle relaxation and anxiety relief in turn a harder kick (they're even capable of giving rushes).

Temazepam I've tried a few times, hard to believe it's a major diazepam metabolite - diazepam is good too, but temazepam is better.

Never in my life have I came across nitrazepam being sold.

Nitrazepam sounds so great. So from what I've read I'd conclude nitrazepam, temazepam, flunitrazepam, etizolam (RIP), clonazolam, flunitrazolam, midazolam, and flubromazolam seem to be most recreational out of the many many others. (Some are non-prescription benzodiazepines... they didn't market most of the best ones, I guess because of abuse concerns).

Hopefully the nitrogen ring of midazolam starts being used more instead of all triazole rings. Midazolam's unique ring is what allows water solubility with lowered pH without destroying the molecule like acids would with other benzodiazepines.
Do they still prescribe dalmane? I forgot that benzos name

^I don't think that it has much of a purpose. Klonopin is long-acting and tbh is usually held as superior to other long-acting benzos as far as therapeutic effects go. The z drugs and temazepam are good for sleep too and aren't so long acting if for whatever reason one can't tolerate meds with a long half-life. But flurazepam is a hypnotic with some seriously long half-life. So basically by two standards that one might be looking into it, there are better choices. At least that' my understanding. Might be wrong.

I'm actively prescribed 30 mg Flurazepam once nightly for insomnia, I can answer questions about it.

I'm looking for info on estazolam, it's a triazolo with a moderately long half life (19-38 hrs I think) and I like Flurazepam and all, but I need the knockout of that triazolo ring...I've been prescribed triazolam multiple times, but never found it useful for sleep, just for blacking out on....

I find alprazolam to be incredibly sedating and it knocks me out fast. Estazolam is basically desmethylalprazolam, with the methyl group removed from the triazolo ring. Can I assume some like effects from both of them, or is this a case where one carbon atom in a certain place makes all the difference?

^I don't think that it has much of a purpose. Klonopin is long-acting and tbh is usually held as superior to other long-acting benzos as far as therapeutic effects go. The z drugs and temazepam are good for sleep too and aren't so long acting if for whatever reason one can't tolerate meds with a long half-life. But flurazepam is a hypnotic with some seriously long half-life. So basically by two standards that one might be looking into it, there are better choices. At least that' my understanding. Might be wrong.
Short-acting - triazolam, temazepam, lormetazepam, oxazepam, midazolam
Short to intermediate acting - nimetazepam, lorazepam, bromazepam, alprazolam, tetrazepam, clonazolam
Intermediate-acting - nitrazepam, clonazepam, clobazam, estazolam, flubromazolam, diclazepam
Intermediate to long - flunitrazepam, cloxazolam, flutoprazepam, fludiazepam
Long-acting - diazepam, flurazepam, halazepam, ketazolam, medazepam, chlordiazepoxide