L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Telling your partner you have a yeast infection O.o

Meow1243

Bluelighter
So this topic is a bit embarrassing but I don't really wanna talk to my real life friends about this so I figured I'd just ask you guys.

I've been talking to this guy for a little over a week now. We really hit it off and have been hooking up and texting each other since we met. He's gonna pick me up after work today and every time we hang out we end up fucking. I got a yeast infection yesterday morning so obviously we're not gonna be able to have sex.

I really don't know how to go about telling him, I was thinking if he tries to make a move I'd just tell him that I had a yeast infection but like I said I'm embarrassed about it, considering we haven't known each other very long. I was wondering how a guy would feel being told this, I'm afraid it may turn him off. I'm certainly not dirty down there I think it may just be because of all the sex we've been having lately. Any input would be greatly appreciated especially from the guys.

He's going to find out either way, it's just whether or not he is going to be an immature lametard about it. I've had a guy think a yeast infection was an STD. Some are very uneducated about them. Just tell him, let him know you can get back to boning in a few days. Sorry to hear though, pussies are so complicated versus shlongs.

Sorry to hear though, pussies are so complicated versus shlongs.

For real though, I find a guy I really like and of course I get one. I've only had a few in my whole life -__-

Thanks for the advice though. I'm not worried that he'll be immature about it, just ignorant. I don't want him to think I got one because I'm dirty or something...

How old is he? He should understand. If he makes a move, offer to blow him to completion or something. I would say just say you're on your period but a lot of guys aren't bothered by that and he might still want to mess around.

Does he have a dirty dick? I've been in the same situation although I had no qualms about telling him. It could just be because he's a new sex partner and your germs aren't used to his germs yet. But if he is having sex with you without washing himself properly that could be what made your kitty sick. Either that or he is carrying the infection and gave it to you, in which case you both need to get treated so you don't play hot potato with the yeast beast.

One of my exs had deplorable hygiene and every time I got drunk enough to fuck the dirty bastard I got a yeast infection... Only times in my life I ever had one. And yeah they say douching is bad but if you mix a little vinegar in water and douche it can nip a yeast infection in the bud.

He is an adult man, just explain to him how things like this happen. He should understand and if not, you know what to do.

By the way, congrats on the new flame! <3

Good luck MissMeow :)

Last edited:
Make sure you pee after sex. And tell him to wash his dick before sex because he gave you a yeast infection. Better yet, when you guys cruise, be like, I have to buy some yeast infection medication.

yeast infections are pretty common and every women gets atleast a few in her lifetime, some get them more often because of diet or lack of certain nutrients but its a perfectly normal thing to deal with. It doesnt mean you are dirty or your vag is dirty or anything like that so there really shouldnt be anything to be afraid of. Honestly there can be a lot of causes of yeast infections so I'd do some research on the subject to try ad figure out what may have caused it but otherwise just tell your dude whats up. He shouldnt judge you because as I said there can be so many causes of them any there is certainly nothing wrong with getting one now and then.

Just tell him the truth. Either way he will find out.

I found this information for you.

3 out of 4 women will experience a yeast infection at one point in their lives. Once you get a yeast infection, you’re more likely to get another one.

The imbalance that allows the overgrowth of yeast to happen to a woman can be due to:

antibiotics (they lower the amount of lactobacillus, or good bacteria, in the vagina)
pregnancy
uncontrolled diabetes
weak immune system
poor eating habits, including a lot of sugary foods
hormonal imbalance near your menstrual cycle
stress
lack of sleep

Do you need to stop having sex when you have a yeast infection? If so would it not be easier to tell the guy prior to meeting, I'm not feeling that good as have a yeast infection. It would be a lot easier than waiting until the last minute and then telling him sorry no sex I have a yeast infection?

Can you not just use a condom and have sex anyway?

Bear

another cause is where he is doing sexy intercourse and really hit u way up high inside and sets the infection of - generally its always there - but a penis hitting you upper inside can set it off.

Well he's not dirty as far as I know. He always smells nice and whenever we hang out we take a shower together. I don't think it's his fault that I got one. But I did end up telling him and he was really sweet and understanding about it. We cuddled, watched some movies and fell asleep together :) and yes, you

*and yes, you shouldn't have sex if you have a yeast infection as you can pass it on to your partner.

Does he have a dirty dick? I've been in the same situation although I had no qualms about telling him. It could just be because he's a new sex partner and your germs aren't used to his germs yet. But if he is having sex with you without washing himself properly that could be what made your kitty sick. Either that or he is carrying the infection and gave it to you, in which case you both need to get treated so you don't play hot potato with the yeast beast.

One of my exs had deplorable hygiene and every time I got drunk enough to fuck the dirty bastard I got a yeast infection... Only times in my life I ever had one. And yeah they say douching is bad but if you mix a little vinegar in water and douche it can nip a yeast infection in the bud.

He is an adult man, just explain to him how things like this happen. He should understand and if not, you know what to do.

By the way, congrats on the new flame! <3

Good luck MissMeow :)

haha ^^

i'm glad he was cool about it, OP. i think it was a good little test for him to pass, actually. he might be a keeper.

Now you know he's understanding, next time you have one and can't do the deed say "Unfortunately I'm making a loaf of bread right now". Just don't say there's a bun in the oven though haha :D

Awww I'm glad things worked out!

I would have suggested saying you're on your period or something like that instead.

Ugh, yeast infections suck! Luckily I've only had them when I've been in long term relationships. My partner now is very understanding. I'm super clean too but there are sooo many reasons why you can get them. Try some of that cream stuff, it helps me at least, and hopefully it'll be gone in a couple days :)