Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Tell us about the last film you watched, mate!

I actually watched it in pieces but I thought it was pretty good. I thought Norton did a great job, the range between his two characters was refreshing.

poster_moon-poster.jpg

I've changed the thread title slightly. This thread remains as interesting as we make it. If you go to the trouble to share a movie name, please provide some of your thoughts about the film as well.

Thanks.

I watched the green mile last...it made me cry when they killed the big black guy (can't remember his name). It was an amazing movie finally watched it from beginning to end.

The-Kings-Speech-Poster.jpg

I really enjoyed this, Geoffry Rush's performance was amazing.. i also had no idea this actually happened; so it was especially interesting to watch a well filmed and acted time-piece.

On the post of 'Moon' - Incredible film, Sam Rockwell is by far one of my favorite actors..

In the theaters: The King's Speech.
Capsule: Excellent performances all-around, and fully deserving its accolades. Nonetheless, I never found it as *personally* engaging as some other past Oscar-winners, like Ghandi, The Last Emperor, etc.

At home: Enigma, starring Sam Neill and Martin Sheen.
My folks kind of shanghaied me into watching this Cold War-era spy flick. It was better than I expected, and fast-paced (always a plus in my book), though the characters were simply too threadbare to grab me much.

I just watched The Magdalene Sisters for like the fifth tine on TV. T'is an excellent film. Lost In Translation's currently on. But I'm feeling way too tired to carry on watching such a slow paced film. I've also probably seen it around five times too.

LOL. Anna Farris just popped up. She cracks me up in it. =D

Caught Paranormal Activity on TV the other night, only started watching from like 20 minutes in so I missed the set-up of when they first moved in to the house and stuff.

It was alriiiight, I guess. I'm not sure how good I was expecting it to be...
Like, sure it was creepy and stuff, and very thrilling with all the use of silence and the lack of movement on the screen for prolonged periods of time etc really created that feeling of impending doom. However it was so fucking frustrating!! I wanted to punch both the main characters in the face :! If they weren't such douchebags it could've been a much better movie.

^ How were they, dukeunique?

I haven't watched any movies recently. Too much homework and BL--Mostly BL. :p

^i hadn't in a long while, but that just changed.

The House of Yes

strange, funny, well styled. i think it wanted to be something more, but if so it fell short. very worth watching. great role for Parker Posey.

reminded me of The Royal Tenenbaums, but not of the same caliber.

"I really have no idea who my children belong to. All I know for sure is, Jackie and Marty belong to each other. Jackie's hand was holding Marty's penis when they came out of the womb."

The Doom Generation

pretty ridiculous movie.

has that psychedelic look, like House or Enter the Void. actually reminded me quite a bit of Enter the Void.

did have one thing going for it besides a little bit of style: 22 year-old Rose McGowan. adorable. perfectly pale skin, pink lipstick, pink blush. with dark sunglasses & a little black dress to create some appealing contrast. her character has a cute "like totally fuck it" attitude. she gets nakey.

but the movie feels like it was written by an 8th grader going through his or her punk phase. i watched it because it said it had Parker Posey in it, but only in a single scene--in which she does not really have a chance to shine. young Rose made up for that disappointment.

Absolutely loved The Assassination of Jesse James.

Most recent movie I saw was It's Complicated. It was neither complicated nor particularly entertaining. Watching Meryl Streep pretend to be almost overwhelmed and befuddled by even the most commonplace social situations gets on my nerves. Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski had a few funny moments, but were ultimately very small parts of the movie.