L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Teenager feeling excluded 24/7

blahblahireland95

Greenlighter
:( hi, i'm 18 years old. I always have been left out while i was younger because i was 'socially awkward'. However in the last few months, just as i was finishing school i felt more included and wanted. I finally thought that after 6 years of high school , i finally made real friends, that i could keep in contact with over summer. However i notice now, that any time i facebook my friends, asking to meet up, they say they cant. I notice the same from my cousin, whose the same age as me. Its always i cant. I notice that i'm the one who has to get in contact with them too :( I feel so frustrated and upset. I mean i don't pester them about it. I just want some friends to hang out with. Is that too much to ask for? I literally have nobody to talk to. Not even my mum, because she'll get frustrated and stressed. Please just someone reply :'(

I was the same as you until I was in my 20’s. It seemed like no one ever called me, when they did it was because I was last on the list, everyone was always busy.. etc. For a lot of people that changes when they go away to college or uni because there are so many different groups of people.. many of them feeling the same as you.

Why do you feel you are socially awkward? Just have difficulty in social situations? Trouble connecting with people? It could be something as simple as not having many people around with similar interests. I was the same way until my 20’s when I developed a huge interest in electronic music, once I became knowledgeable about the music then it became very easy to converse with people at record shops and at clubs/raves.

If you like reading join monthly book club, if you like music start hanging out at record shops, if you like video games start going to LAN parties. I’ve found the internet/facebook can be good for keeping in touch with people but if you want to make new friends there is no better way than to surround yourself with people that like the same thing you do.

Last edited:
I used to feel the exact way as you, I decided to go underground for a year and work hard and just keep my head down and focus on myself. My days consisted of eating, work, gym, Xbox.

It was pretty antisocial but I was leaving the house at 5:30 in the morning and returning at 6:30, with that kind of timeframe I didn't really want to (couldn't either) head out and see people, and I was working 50 hour weeks so my weekends were definitely "me time".

Find something you can focus on and concentrate on yourself instead of others. I use to think the exact same as you but you *will* find out that a year after finishing high school everyone calms down, stops being jerks as they get off their high horses and come back to reality and where their place is in this world.

Do you enjoy raves or clubs? head out to some and start making friends! Or maybe video games or something, it really is easy to make friends, call that my own personality but go back 18 months ago I was exactly in the same boat as you and now I'm pretty happy with my life, I have good friends a nice car and a great job that pays well.

Everything gets better, trust me.

Here is your solution: go to a burn, a music festival of some kind, or a psytrance music festival.

What part of the world do you live?

focus on self-improvement

once you are happy being alone, others will want to vibe with your positivity

this video should help to cheer you up