• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Teen Kills 4 in DUI, Escapes Jail Sentence

^ I hear you, but I feel that it is fair to send someone who drives drunk and kills people to jail.
So, it seems unfair that his affluence allowed him to escape to me.
I do detest the system, and it's failures, but this type of sentencing policy is one of the (rare) things I generally agree with.

Fuck this little prick. Quadruple homicide which he catches a break on, then flees the country? Yeah, fuck him. All this while my friends rot in cells for things which shouldn't even be crimes.

indeed. I hope they make him go to prison for a while. That will help him deal with his affluenza in a...well less than constructive manner.

I think that the best way to teach someone to deal with affluenza is to put them where their money doesn't give them (much) power... like prison. Take it away from him, and let him learn to respect other human life. Even (gulp) poor people.

Honestly the family of the victims should have stripped that family of their wealth. There are so many more poor people than rich people and I bet in civil court they could have at least put a serious dent in that families lifestyle. The problem is there is no amount of money that can bring people back to life.

I second the prison sentence. There is one place that is not empowering if you are wealthy. It is a great unbalancer. Have you seen this kid...he looks like 120 soaking wet. He is gunna get his commissary taken every thursday and he is gunna be passed around like a hobo's chapstick at a bus station.

This is fucking obscene.

The whole premise of the defence is that the spoiled brat's actions were due to the fact that he's never had to deal with any consequences, so the judge's response is to continue the trend? Where is the logic in that?

If this kid was poor or black or Mexican he would be in prison for a long time.
My buddy is white and he killed a woman(just got back from her honeymoon) and he did 20 years(he deserved it if not life). It must depend on state and of course who you blow. I live in DE and they are very tough on DUI. You'd think Texas is but they are also a good ol boy kinda state. I'm not saying racist but if you are in the inner cicrcle(rich and connected) you can get away with murder,he did!
What's with this dudes hair? Did he go to the same barber as that asshole that shot up that church in S.C. ? You'd think he'd have a stylist.

I think if he wasn't responsible because he was spoiled then they should have locked his dumb fucking parents up. His father had a D.U.I. in the 90's and told the cop "I make more in a day then you do all year" what a piece of shit.

Supposedly he also had sedatives in his system at the time of the accident. As well he allowed one friend to sit in the back of his truck in the bed.

Supposedly he also had sedatives in his system at the time of the accident. As well he allowed one friend to sit in the back of his truck in the bed.

this kid should never be behind a wheel again, unless its a wheel on a cooks line.

‘Affluenza’ teen who killed 4 in drunk driving crash caught in Mexico with mom
December 29, 2015

DALLAS (AP) – A mother and son missing for weeks from Texas have been nabbed in Mexico and handed over to Mexican immigration authorities for deportation.

The son, Ethan Couch, is serving probation after his lawyers invoked an “affluenza” defense in a drunken-driving wreck that killed four people.

The Texas teenager received only probation for causing a drunken car crash that killed four people after his lawyers said he suffered from “affluenza” because his wealthy parents had coddled him too much.

Couch missed an appointment with his probation officer three weeks ago, leading authorities to issue the juvenile equivalent of an arrest warrant for him. Investigators believe he fled with his mother

Officials say the two may have fled after a video surfaced that appears to show Couch at a party where people were drinking, a possible parole violation.

cont http://wncn.com/2015/12/29/affluenz...driving-crash-detained-in-mexico-with-mother/

I was just reading an update today too, they said if the Probation Judge moves his case to adult court he could do 40 years. This whole thing is fucked though, he should have just gotten like 25 years to begin with and this whole circus could have been avoided...