View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Teen hospitalised after inhaling online cannabis oil

poledriver

Bluelighter
Teen hospitalised after inhaling online cannabis oil

_87865451_cannabis.jpg

A teenager is in a "serious condition" in hospital after inhaling cannabis oil she bought online.

The 18-year-old was taken to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Friday.

Police said she bought a product containing oil derived from cannabis plants which can be inhaled through a vaporizer.

Officers said she may have had a "severe reaction" to the product but cannot confirm a direct link.

Insp Mark Duncton of Gloucestershire Constabulary said: "Our advice is never to buy or take any kind of drug or drug derivative bought online.

"These products can pose a very serious danger to your health; you do not know what is in them or what their effects might be."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-35391052

This really isn't about the fact that she bought the drug online, I would say, though that seems to be the point of the article.
It's about the fact the she INHALED CANNABIS OIL. 8o
Which is meant to be vaporized.
If you inhale alcohol, you will likely also be in trouble.
So, the lesson learned: don't inhale things (not just drugs) that aren't meant to be inhaled.

How about "prepubescent boy irreparably damages brain after inhaling gasoline", or "7th grade girl goes blind after drinking isopropyl alcohol"?

This really isn't about the fact that she bought the drug online, I would say, though that seems to be the point of the article.
It's about the fact the she INHALED CANNABIS OIL. 8o
Which is meant to be vaporized.
If you inhale alcohol, you will likely also be in trouble.
So, the lesson learned: don't inhale things (not just drugs) that aren't meant to be inhaled.

I think by the way they said "which can be inhaled through a vaporizer" they mean that she vaped/smoked it. Could be wrong though. They make it pretty confusjng as to how it was actually ingested by way of their wording. But yeah, how does it have anything to do with the fact that she got it online? Like she couldn't have just as easily got it off the street/from friends?

I think by the way they said "which can be inhaled through a vaporizer" they mean that she vaped/smoked it. Could be wrong though. They make it pretty confusjng as to how it was actually ingested by way of their wording. But yeah, how does it have anything to do with the fact that she got it online? Like she couldn't have just as easily got it off the street/from friends?

I think you must be right! They don't know how to write clearly about vaping. Thanks for figuring that out.

Some people dismiss vaping because it seems "weaker" than smoking.
But vaping can make people incredibly / uncomfortably high sometimes.

There is literally no information here to go on. Why was she taken to the hospital? What is she suffering from? What exactly caused it? Was it in fact just cannabis oil? Did she just have a panic attack? Was there something else in it that she was allergic to? There are so many questions that this article poses and people are just left either being reactionary to the vague nature of it or to take it at face value and see that it literally says nothing except she used what was reportedly supposed to be cannabis oil and she had an adverse reaction to it which could mean many things.