Techno <3 (including all genders like psytrance, tribe, industrial, acid, hardcore ...)

i meant what I define as electronic hard music but i guess you're right

I grew up in a place where any electronic music was called techno, and so after getting really into dance music and realizing that techno is a specific genre that is, for the most part, not ever actually listened to by the people calling everything electronic techno, I have a weird tic about the term being used improperly :p

I grew up in a place where any electronic music was called techno, and so after getting really into dance music and realizing that techno is a specific genre that is, for the most part, not ever actually listened to by the people calling everything electronic techno, I have a weird tic about the term being used improperly :p
i understanfd

i get it psy997. there are a lot of genre snobs out there but being specific about genres is not always snobbery, especially when you're discussing tracks that are maybe not well known or you're not even sure of the title or artist... ambient, house and psytrance are worlds apart so just lumping them all together in one electronic music bucket isn't necessarily that helpful.

fwiw, i got into electronic music around 199/2000, listening mostly to house and progressive trance. did that for a while until i discovered psytrance and that was that :)

i still listen to other genres - big fan of ambient and downtempo - but, for everything else, i'm all about the psytrance these days.

alasdair

How would you define that? Like people who release on Osgut Ton or is there a broader definition?

I've really been liking pretty much everybody released on SVBKVLT. Really weird/sparse/agressive/syncretic people that make really good dj tools.

I like smoother stuff too, generally organize my listening around different labels.

i really like it ... really noisy weird sounds i love it
i love to mix those !
do you mix yourself or just an amateur ?

Ok that makes sense. Just brought up osgut because it's the house label at Berghain. Kind of like how fabric has the label houndstooth.

Contrasting my earlier post, a more orthodox label I really like is Voam. Not sure but the group Karenn might be involved with running it (Karenn is composed of Blawan and Pariah).

That track is beautiful .... i didn't know blawan and pariah had a duo together it's crazy i'm gonna get all their discography

do you mix yourself or just an amateur ?
Both I guess. Ive been doing it for a handful of years for fun, once got paid to play a show in college because I was friends with the program director at the radio (it was kind of a shitshow, somebody was like "do you have edm?" and I was like "no"). I do twitch streams from a few times a week (pm me if you want my handle).

That track is beautiful .... i didn't know blawan and pariah had a duo together it's crazy i'm gonna get all their discography
It's all pretty good. I'd even reccomend looking into others on that label like Regina Leather (I forget who that is), because everybody there kind of cultivates a similar sound.

Now for some more ambient techno, heres a track I really like by Huerco S.

When the bassline drops in it kind of completes this stumbly feel that is quite funky and danceable but it feels like the bare minimum to be danceable.

this is only a few days old with 7 views. It's really good though

Last edited: