Teacher suspended over test questions about drugs, guns

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Teacher suspended over test questions about drugs, guns
June 01, 2016

10677684_G.jpg
[/CENTER]

An Alabama teacher is on leave after giving middle school students a test with math questions about prostitutes, drugs and guns, a school official said Wednesday.

Rena Philips, a spokeswoman for Mobile County's public schools, said the educator from Burns Middle School was placed on administrative leave after a parent complained. The teacher's name isn't being made public, Phillips said.

WALA-TV quoted parent Erica Hall as saying the test was given to her son's eighth-grade language arts class on Friday.

"My son, he took a picture of it in class and he texted it to me. I couldn't believe it," Hall said.

Question: Leroy has 2 ounces of cocaine. If he sells an eight ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, what is the street value of the rest of his hold?

Hall said students thought the quiz was a joke, but the teacher "told them that it wasn't it a joke, and they had to complete it and turn it in."

The 10-question quiz included questions about prostitution, drugs, drive-by shootings and spray paint graffiti. According to WALA, one of the questions was: Leroy has 2 ounces of cocaine. If he sells an eight ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, what is the street value of the rest of his hold?"

It was similar to a math quiz that's been on the internet for years with questions about gangs.

Philips said the principal and a school police officer investigated after officials learned of the test Tuesday, and the teacher was placed on leave.

cont http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/01/teacher-suspended-over-test-questions-about-drugs-guns.html

Last edited:
If only the teacher had opted to go with Caffeine, Nicotine and/or Alcohol instead...

Wow, the principle had a cop come to investigate? Jesus, what a travesty.

^ lol, i wondered that for a bit too, then I read the article and couldnt see that pic on it....?

Hey I mean I bet it gets the kids to pay attention. I can't believe she didn't know better though but they overreacted didn't have to call the cops seriously?

She came up because of a image search to do with this story.. when im doing it now Im not seeing it anymore.. so i will take it down until we figure this out

I can understand the outrage. Question 3 starts with "Dwayne pimps 3 ho's", but the plural of "ho" does not need an apostrophe.
It should be "hos".

Good point and in a "language arts class" utterly outrageous.. Plus those prices for coke, outrageous unless your an Aussie.

I am enjoying this dry humor!

But, in all seriousness, the names that the teacher gave to the people seem really racist.
No Daves or Brads pimping hos.

Um... I agree with that decision. Those questions are completely inappropriate for middle school kids!

I am enjoying this dry humor!

But, in all seriousness, the names that the teacher gave to the people seem really racist.
No Daves or Brads pimping hos.

That's the sole problem i have with it, it's pretty racist.

Heh, prob less damaging than exposing 5Th graders to DARE. This brings the lulz at least.

Liked that it was implied that a middle schooler should know how much an eight ball is and should also be able to convert metric to stanard.

This teacher had decided to quit and this was a parting racist shot at the kids, parents and school system. Many older white people here in Alabama are still racist they just kept it under there hat for the most part. Ever since Trump fever has caught on people are beginning to take there white supremacist flag out of the closet and fly it for all to see. Sometimes I feel like I live in the 1960s.

This teacher had decided to quit and this was a parting racist shot at the kids, parents and school system. Many older white people here in Alabama are still racist they just kept it under there hat for the most part. Ever since Trump fever has caught on people are beginning to take there white supremacist flag out of the closet and fly it for all to see. Sometimes I feel like I live in the 1960s.

If that's what the former teacher's motive was, then I think the decision was correct. Plus, the fact that it was middle-school is disturbing. I wouldn't want that person teaching my kid.

If that's what the former teacher's motive was, then I think the decision was correct. Plus, the fact that it was middle-school is disturbing. I wouldn't want that person teaching my kid.

Its getting weird down here man. I swear to god if trump loses shit may very well pop off down here. These conservative talking heads have a hardcore following and they truly believe freedom is at stake if the democrats win. Maybe its always been this crazy and I never noticed but its weird man. A real shame Dr. Thompson isn't alive to write about it.

Yes. I am from new york, and I moved to florida. The casual racism is around and flourishing.

Its getting weird down here man. I swear to god if trump loses shit may very well pop off down here. These conservative talking heads have a hardcore following and they truly believe freedom is at stake if the democrats win. Maybe its always been this crazy and I never noticed but its weird man. A real shame Dr. Thompson isn't alive to write about it.

I've never seen so many pundits claiming that this election is unlike anything they've ever seen before. I'd have to agree with them on that.

I mean, I completely understand that the middle and lower-class of Americans are fed the fuck up with establishment (corporate whore) politics, and, that they're supporting candidates who wouldn't have had a chance back in the day such as Sanders and Trump.

That said, I also think the GOP is going to implode if Trump wins it (although I wouldn't be surprised if they try to somehow usurp Trump with Paul Ryan at the convention). And I think Hillary is going to assume her usual Wall St. puppet role if she wins (although she might be indicted, or not). Either way, the middle and lower-class are going to suffer from this the most unfortunately (basically, the status quo of bad policy decisions and rampant corruption on steroids).

My family members who reside in the lower 48 are in panic mode at the moment. They're trying to haul ass north of the border. I truly feel sorry for Americans who will be directly affected by what's to come. Many of them must feel so trapped and miserable. /smh

I've never seen so many pundits claiming that this election is unlike anything they've ever seen before. I'd have to agree with them on that.

I mean, I completely understand that the middle and lower-class of Americans are fed the fuck up with establishment (corporate whore) politics, and, that they're supporting candidates who wouldn't have had a chance back in the day such as Sanders and Trump.

That said, I also think the GOP is going to implode if Trump wins it (although I wouldn't be surprised if they try to somehow usurp Trump with Paul Ryan at the convention). And I think Hillary is going to assume her usual Wall St. puppet role if she wins (although she might be indicted, or not). Either way, the middle and lower-class are going to suffer from this the most unfortunately (basically, the status quo of bad policy decisions and rampant corruption on steroids).

My family members who reside in the lower 48 are in panic mode at the moment. They're trying to haul ass north of the border. I truly feel sorry for Americans who will be directly affected by what's to come. Many of them must feel so trapped and miserable. /smh

Trapped and miserable is exactly the right feeling. The real problem is the average person feels no way to enact change even on the most basic level. Our social, and economic mobility has been slowly erroded. It is now an employer's market and in a situation such as that it is the employee that suffers.