• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taste / Olfactory dissonance from... snorting?

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Hey
pretty outlandish question and I'm not expecting anyone to reach a conclusion beyond speculation, but if anyone's experienced anything similar it'd be nice to talk about.

Today i've been snorting ritalin to get myself through my heroin detox. I'm binging quite hard (snorting 20-40mg an hour, sometimes more by the evening) in an attempt to delay the comedown until I'm able to knock myself out with sleeping pills at night. I know, not healthy. Don't need questions/commentary about my methods of detox, either - it's been slick as a snake (though if anyone's interested in having a painless opiate detox, let me know.)

SO, I've probably snorted like 14 20mg pills in the last couple days. as of about half an hour ago, my tap water started tasting salty. nobody else in the house has noticed it. it's really distinct though. I'm not going delusional or having other hints of psychosis or really any side effects (most have been mediated by benzos) though I have taken a number of substances during this detox - DXm , Imodium, L-Theanine, clonidine, seroquel, clonazepam, kratom, couple shots of whiskey... the list goes on,
None of those have ever effected my taste palette before, though. The only thing I could find on the internet in regards to things tasting salty was terbinafine pills, which I certianly haven't been taking.

I probably wouldn't have asked except I made a thread a few years ago when I was really into coke. If I sniffed any reasonable sized line i'd be able to smell water. Weird, I know. it was a really distinct, fresh smell, almost pine-ey.

Given the similarities between coke and ritalin, and the close relationship between the olfactory epithelium and our ability to taste.. is there something about these two fast-acting stimulants that, when insufflated, particularly targets that relationship?

When you were doing coke previously, was that also while in withdrawal? I only ask because for me, the runny nose and post nasal drip of opioid withdrawal gives a very similar phenomena where anything I eat or drink, even smoke tastes terrible.

When you were doing coke previously, was that also while in withdrawal? I only ask because for me, the runny nose and post nasal drip of opioid withdrawal gives a very similar phenomena where anything I eat or drink, even smoke tastes terrible.

Yeah it's probably because your withdrawling