• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tar??? Or something else??? Need help ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kebertxela

Greenlighter
I got hooked up with a decent amount of tar today. Consistency was right, smell and taste were all good. Dude said it was strong so I did a small'ish shot.

Five seconds after pulling out the needle, I felt an incredibly bad flush go through me. I started sweating profusely, went to the bathroom to find my pupils the size of quarters. The EXACT opposite of what an opioid should do. I am pretty sure it wasn't cotton fever as it was a brand new kit from the exchange. New needles, new cottons from their little bags, I used alcohol swabs...everything I did that you could do for harm reduction I did.

I freaked out and called the poison control wondering if they had heard of tar in the TC being laced with meth and they hadn't heard that.

It's now about an hour later and I am starting to feel a bit better. Still in w/d, but not super hot/flush, my pupils have come back to a somewhat normal size (still bigger, like I was in W/D, but not huge like they were before).

Anybody have any ideas what the fuck that "tar" was. I've got the dude's number, and I've tried calling but not response, which isn't abnormal with dealers. Please help ASAP. I'm dopesick and want to try another shot, but I know that is really stupid. Please someone with some experience answer quickly!

thumb_1347_19_02_17_10_11_52.jpeg

We aren't suppose to do drug IDs here, but for the love of sweet baby Jesus, do not mainline anymore!....perhaps if u are really sick and can't resist trying to get better, maybe smoke a little bit of it. That way if it's not heroin you can stop smoking it, if u begin feeling better. Slowly smoke a little more I guess

The problem is

No one here is gonna be able to tell you what that is. By the sounds of your reaction and confidence in lack of immuno reaction ie. Cotton fever id guess you IVd a stimulant. Was it methamphetamine? That, no one here can tell you. There's your bluelight diagnosis :)

I've no idea what the stuff is, but have read a few reports almost identical to what you've experienced. It is tainted with something you really don't want to be consuming. It sounds as if it isn't doing anything for your withdrawals anyway other than making them worse and I know this is easier said than done, but bin the stuff and find some new shit. There is too much synthetic garbage around at the moment to be taking the risk.

As stated above, if you insist on proceeding, try another ROA.

Hope you're okay.

I've no idea what the stuff is, but have read a few reports almost identical to what you've experienced. It is tainted with something you really don't want to be consuming. It sounds as if it isn't doing anything for your withdrawals anyway other than making them worse and I know this is easier said than done, but bin the stuff and find some new shit. There is too much synthetic garbage around at the moment to be taking the risk.

As stated above, if you insist on proceeding, try another ROA.

Hope you're okay.

Thanks for the replies guys. When I called the poison control center, they were pretty sure it was NOT an upper as I had no elevated heart rate and was lethargic because I was dopesick/had none of the excess energy from stimulants.

Being the junkie I am, I researched ways to smoke h and it just seems like such a waste that I tried another small bit IV. The only similarity as from before was coughing like crazy the second I pulled out the rig. No dilated pupils or flush. I'm still dopesick and REALLY fucking pissed!

What would you guys do? I really want to retaliate, get my money back and find out what the fuck that stuff was. I know all his particulars, so finding him will not be difficult.

Oh, and normally I'd chalk getting ripped off to just "part of the game" as I've been doing the IV heroin thing for 15+ years, but this shit could've killed me if I'd done the full shot and it wasn't even an opioid! In all my drug days, I've never been freaked enough to call the poison control center. That's gotta say something.

Last edited:
Substance ID is against the rules, so please read them again!

And you only have two options imo, get a lab test or throw the stuff away,

I got hooked up with a decent amount of tar today. Consistency was right, smell and taste were all good. Dude said it was strong so I did a small'ish shot.

Five seconds after pulling out the needle, I felt an incredibly bad flush go through me. I started sweating profusely, went to the bathroom to find my pupils the size of quarters. The EXACT opposite of what an opioid should do. I am pretty sure it wasn't cotton fever as it was a brand new kit from the exchange. New needles, new cottons from their little bags, I used alcohol swabs...everything I did that you could do for harm reduction I did.

I freaked out and called the poison control wondering if they had heard of tar in the TC being laced with meth and they hadn't heard that.

It's now about an hour later and I am starting to feel a bit better. Still in w/d, but not super hot/flush, my pupils have come back to a somewhat normal size (still bigger, like I was in W/D, but not huge like they were before).

Anybody have any ideas what the fuck that "tar" was. I've got the dude's number, and I've tried calling but not response, which isn't abnormal with dealers. Please help ASAP. I'm dopesick and want to try another shot, but I know that is really stupid. Please someone with some experience answer quickly!

thumb_1347_19_02_17_10_11_52.jpeg
HONESTLY maybe seek another form of h besides tar many people I know who shoot tar experience problems tars nasty but everywhere I've smoked it before a few times but prefer other opiates

I really want to retaliate, get my money back and find out what the fuck that stuff was. I know all his particulars, so finding him will not be difficult.

Going to war with the local H dealer probably won't end well. A phone call & Not giving him any more business plus maybe spreading the word is is about as far as the retaliation should go to avoid personal peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.