• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tappring off Seresta.

polia

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I need your help I've been on various benzos for almost 8 years. For the last two years i'm taking 5 x 50mg Seresta + some baclofen for severe social anxiety. My doc told me that we need to start to lower the dosage the thing is he's a complete idiot. Seresta is a really short acting benzo especially for me, the effect is wearing off after 4 hours max could you please give me some advice what should I tell my doc to tapper this shit in a safe way ? Thank you.

Switch to diazepam and then do a slow taper (like 5 mg a week) and down to 1 mg a week in the last week.

it's really the standard way to completely eliminate the risk of seizures.

that's a big dose though going to take a while , the equivalent dose is around 120 mg's of diazepam.

120 mg of valium is the equivalent of 5 x 50 mg of seresta ? I don't see my doc giving me a script for 120 mg of valium per day. I will speak about this with him, there's no way in hell i will taper seresta without changing to a long acting benzo. Thank you for your reply.

Clonazepam is another option , the drops are especially nice for tapering .

a guy in my clinic gets exactly that dose of diazepam , just tell your doctor to do the math and remind him that if he doesn't do it correctly it's your life on the line.

Thank you guys, he noted the site and told me he will check it out at first he wanted me to start tapering seresta but I told him there's no way. He said he will check the site and 120mg of valium will not be a problem if I want to tapper this way but first he needs to check out the protocol. Thanks once again.

I'm glad your doc is willing to work with you. Years ago when I was dependent on a somewhat high dose of Ativan (2mg 3x a day) my doc dropped it straight to .5 2x a day and expected me to be okay. Needless to say that was way too much of a reduction but thankfully I was able to make it work and taper slowly from that point although I experienced crazy anxiety while doing so.

It's ridiculous how some docs either have no idea or seem not to care the slowness and slight dose reduction that is needed to comfortably taper off of benzos. Be thankful that you have a doc who is open minded and willing to give you an equivalent dose of Valium to do your taper properly.