• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapering with bromazolam

Burnt Offerings

Moderator: Drug Culture & CEP
Staff member
Does anyone have any advice or insight as far as how to accomplish this? I know that it’s a relatively recent one but it’s what I have on hand at the moment, thanks for any help you can give

Do you mean using bromazolam to taper off of another benzo, or using bromazolam to taper off of bromazolam itself. Not that it makes significant difference. Although, for instance, I'd say tapering off of something like diazepam using bromazolam isn't the best idea.

But the half-life is fairly long so it bromazolam can be used to taper off benzos. I wouldn't call it ideal but it could work.

How long have you been taking the bromazolam and at what doses?

When it comes to tapering benzos there is a certain grey area where in some cases tapering excessively makes the matter worse. This is generally when one has used benzos for a fairly short period of time, say a couple of months. For instance, if someone has been using moderate daily doses of bromazolam for 3 months, slowly tapering off for another 3 months might make the matter worse by unnecessarily increasing GABA-A receptor exposure time to benzos. Even very small doses of benzos can substantially alter GABA-A receptor function, and the process of returning to homeostasis can only occur when the benzo has been stopped. The duration of time that it takes to return to homeostasis is arguably more a function of total time exposed more than dose (but both are variables in the equation).

But again, it's a grey area, since overabrupt tapering is also problematic. It's really a function of how heavy the usage was, the duration of use and past history of benzo use.

The usage was overall fairly minimal, and took place at a relatively low dosage (around 2mg per day). The person who was using (not me) it had a prior history of benzo dependency and it kinda created a nasty “kindling” effect upon cessation, however, so we thought that a more gradual cessation would be better.

I charted put a fairly rapid taper over the course of two, possibly three weeks using volumetric dosing. I’m using very small vials that contain about 5 mgs per vial. I was thinking half a vial a day for one week, a third of a vial a day for one week, then possibly concluding after that (or continuing with an even lesser amount on week three). That’s my game plan so far anyway