• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapering Opiates after years of use, advice appreciated

ElBarone

Greenlighter
So, i’ve been taking Dihydrocodeine for a number of years with my use steadily increasing over time

my use over the past month has been 930mg a day (easy to calculate dividing amount ordered and consumed by days!) - prior to this prob around 800mg a day on average-for a couple of years at least

I’m having another go at tapering and yesterday commented a dosing schedule and amount. I say dosing schedule as typically i would just guzzle throughout the day, especially at the first sign of withdrawals, which kick in 6-7 hours after each does

so I’ve started at 750mg at strict times, and i’m really feeling it today, nothing like CT obviously (been there) but aches, sweats, extreme irritability and lack of interest/motivation and general crappyness …

my questions are this..is this possible given such a relatively small drop (c20%), assuming yes roughly how long to stabilise? Also my first 2 doses are 10 hours apart, so I’m really feeling it for a few hours leading up to dose 2, will my body adjust to this schedule and get used to a 10 hour gap? However long it takes, or are w/ds forever programmed to kick In 6-7 hours after dosing

really any thoughts and experience would be great
thanks