• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Tapering off a 15 year benzo dependance with CBD oil

chrisalt

Bluelighter
Hey all been coming here on and off since around 2004 or so. Always been impressed with the amount of knowledge around these forums.
So I've come to ask this question and see if anyone has any experience with it.

I'm been using benzos since 16 I'm 31 now. I've tapered or cold Turkey 5 times in that period but this 6th time is by far the hardest. Only been taking 2mg of clonazepam for the last 3 or so years. I'm down to 1.0 mg after tapering for 6 months. Starting to get rough the lower I get.

I have read that cbd oil could cause interactions with drugs that are metabolized through Cytochrome P450, and This could cause blood levels of any benzodiazepine to rise by inhibiting CYP3A4.

The last thing I need is to jack up levels of this benzo shit in my blood as I try to come off. Again.

Any ideas if cbd is good for withdrawal? Experiences?

I don't think it'd make it worse. It might take the edge off some symptoms, it's just not going to stop them afaik.

Really the only way to minimize benzo withdrawals is to taper slowly.

I've found CBD doesn't do anything to me what so ever! I've taken copious amounts of it with no effect at all so I highly doubt it will be helpful during benzo withdrawal.

Apart from bagapentin for benzo WD won't a strong body high THC/CBC joint help at least a little bit, I'm no professional was just wondering if a combo of the two won't help and then also tapering down with a benzos like clonazepam or diazepam, especially diazepam that will help with the muscle relaxation properties, if I'm wrong let me know but that combo in my mind seem to be able to do the job or make the WD less and more bearable in a sense but I can be wrong

Even bromazepam in higher dosages can help in this regard if my research is right