Tapering of H but now stuck

Kperfekt

Greenlighter
Long, looooong time lurker here but this is probably my first post. I apologise if this is in the wrong thread, please let me know and move to proper place if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Well, about 3 years ago my ex shot me up with dope for the first time. I used on and off without issue for about a year, kicked it for a couple months, then I got a massive inheritance 2 summers ago. My girl convinced me to let her try after weeks of resistance, and I finally gave in. Fast forward to now, I have completely fucked my life up. Blew through all my cash, alienated 90% of my friends, and I'm just in the deepest depression of my life.

3 months ago I was still doing a full gram 1/2 - 2 gs a day, sometimes with benzos or ghb. After running out of cash, my dose has rapidly decreased from 6-7 .25s a day to a pathetic .2-.3 for the day (if I'm lucky), usually spread out to 2-3 .1s a day. Ive been miserable for weeks but I'm starting to feel better (slightly) as each day goes by. But I've hit a point where I really don't think I can taper any lower. I want (need) to kick this shit so god damn bad, before I'm evicted and homeless and lose everything.

My main question is, what is the next step? I /will not/ kick cold turkey, that is not an option. I do not have money for rehab. There's a clinic up the road but from experience with my ex, they love putting people on methadone and never decreasing their dose. I'd like to induct on subs, but I'm terrified of PWD. I'm aware of the chart but I don't know, man. Should I go to the clinic and see if they can induct me on bupe? Should I keep weening off h, even though it seems impossible?

Me and my girl are both trying to kick this at the same time, were getting hostile and fighting, and we never do. But we really love each other and don't wanna get separated, or worse, have her parents find out, which will fuck everything up to hell (and it's becoming inevitable)

What should I do? What is truly the easiest way to ween your body from this shit? Is the process going to be any easier with the minute amount were doing now?

I haven't actually gotten "high" off dope in at least 6 months. I don't feel as though the yearn to get fucked up will be a big deal (because I don't), but I am a total pussy when it comes to WDs.

Any advice or ideas? Thank you, and thank you all for years of harm reduction, safety, and knowledge.

Sounds like you are running out of options and there might not be any guarantee that you won't have to cold turkey with your given route.

If you were to go on methadone, what's stopping you from tapering yourself if you are able to taper yourself off from H?

I'm not sure about the situation with bupe, but it doesn't sound like you have much to lose by trying it.

It might be hard to do the final taper off H and most commonly abused opioids because of the shorter half-life, so frequent low doses would be required to avoid going into acute WDs, where as opioids like bupe or methadone have much longer half-life so usually 1-2? doses a day are enough to stabilize someone. Hopefully they will take into account that you have already began a taper and start you on a lower dose to begin with.

What type of things are keeping you from taking the final step? Irritability? Physical symptoms? Having to maintain a job?

If you tapered down really low on h then you should be able to kick the last bit pretty easy.. Kind of. I guess it depends. Here's what's worked for me .
My withdrawal lasts 2 weeks so ,
suboxone - methadone-
Of course any Benzos help at all times , weed , whatever. Clonadine really is nice to have but its harder to find for me. A doctor would more then likely give it to u if you told him you were detoxing. Its just blood pressure med. But its really nice to have.
So I would stop the H. Take some tramadal and whatever else to make you comfortable while you wait to take the sub. 24 hours. You should feel OK with the tramadal , I would just try to sleep.
Do the sub for a week ,taper if you can . STOP , for 3 days. Again the tramadal will come in handy . then do methadone for 5 days and you will be detoxed , left with paws.
5 htp can help. Vitamin b8 and b3 help too.
If you are really ready to stop this could help. Good luck and nice job with the H taper. That's not the easiest.

high got a question. if i took suboxone too soon and had prectp withdrawal, will it eliminate regular withdrawl

Hello guys Im currently clean again after relapsing to a heavy H and other drug and alcohol habit. I Wrote a huge description message about how I did it and what was successful for me. For some reason it didnt post. So if you want to talk specifics message me at 313-727-9774. Peace and love

To mbarnett, depends how much you take of subs and how full ag opiate satiated your receptors are. In the past I?ve been able to ease into subs within 6-10 hours of last full ag dose. By ease I mean take less than 1 mg. Then. After 24 hrs take as needed (however very very few peoples circumstances ever require more than 4mg starting dose. A 5-8 day taper is ideal using less than 8mg total. ***along with other conscious thoughts and behaviors of course. Hope this helps some. Good luck

Kperfekt. I would like to offer
You help and advice. But typing it is a pain. Please text me a good time to call you. 313-727-9774. You have options to unstick yourself here. I?m newly clean (again) but feel our stories are similar enough that I can offer you some postentially helpful advice.