• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapering Heroin/Morphine

Sunshine34242

Greenlighter
Any good taper plans out there? I'm trying to taper off morphine and heroine .. Currently having 8 pills of morphine 60mg and want to taper off fast!! And I also have one pill of subutex.. But my plan is to taper off this morphine as low as I can go before I break this subutex pill into tiny pieces and eventually jump off. I'm don with this crap! Please is anyone have any advice on how I can taper off safely would be greatly appreciated...

Hey there! How much Morphine/Heroin are you using in general, on a daily basis? I know you can only generalize regarding the Heroin, but if you give me an idea, we can maybe work out a reasonable taper of the Morphine. Do you have an 8mg Buprenorphine? If so, this could be enough to get you through the entire withdrawal phase if you're able to maintain your willpower. Get back to me or send me a PM!

I know you say you're done but many many of us have said the same thing before and found it impossible to taper with heroin or other full agonists.

Because you really have to take the smallest amount to get relief without getting high. What an order! Many of us exclaimed.

If you are an addict then it's not even a matter of willpower.

But hey that's My two cents. If u can do it more power to you. But Imo th subutex will be your savior. Wait as long as you possibly can like 36 hours if possible. Then take 1mg sub an hour until you feel relief.

If you bang the sub that is ime the best at least for induction although banging subutex is rife with complications such as binders and fillers. If u ain't super careful it can lead to into extreme cases amputation If you miss.. Felt like j had to mention that for HR tho many of us shoot subs daily without issue.

The best way to go about it IMO is to wait til you start feeling shitty to 're dose. Then just keep lowering your sub dose each time.. This ensures you are being less dependant on outside chemicals helping your brain chemistry to normalize, and makes it so u can stretch the one sub further.

If u can get another sub. As keif said it is possible with just one 8mg But it could be even smoother if u had more to allow u to taper down to miniscule amounts pretty quickly.

I'll end with this.. Bupe(sub) is a wonder drug for quickly and painlessly getting off opiates but it works best the fastest you get off it. Idealy you would want to take the subs, let the heroin get out of your system entirely n get past H withdraws. Then in around two weeks or less get off the Bupe before you get dependant on that.

You might think an opiate is an opiate and that the withdraws are linked but IMO and from hearing other people, be cause it's a partial agonist it works just like how I described.. After a week or so your body is over heroin withdraws n you are not yet hooked on the Bupe

I use about 60mg of morphine a day. But I managed to taper down to half of that so about 30mg of morphine.. I'm trying to taper down as low as I can go before starting to take the only subutex I have.. What should I do? Maybe try a quarter the next day and keep going lower??

Just for the record I have tapped off before. I tapped off heroine and roxys but never off morphine.. all I'm looking for is a good and safe taper plan off morphine. I take 60mg of morphine a day but managed to taper down to half of that a day so about 30mg.. I'm just trying to taper down as low as I can and safely until I can take the only subutex 8mg I have.. I'm just trying to work with what I have.. I can't be on this any longer and I'm just looking for advice and encouragement.. Please don't judge me and tell me it can't be done. I need support.. I'm married and I'm trying to do this quickly and quietly as possible. And as fast as possible..

That's a fairly low dose of morphine, if your already down to 30mg and your desperate to quit then I don't see why you can't jump off now. Wait 24 hours after your last dose of morphine then start on your sub. 1mg of sub would be plenty I would think, once you start half your dose every 24 hours. I've quick tapered a few times like this and Its doable. I was using a 1g and half a day of H so started on 8mg sub but the theory is the same. Of course sooner or later I always end up back in the same place but that's addiction for you.

^Some good points. I've used multiple grams of Heroin per day and managed to withdraw in a fairly successful manner with two 8mg Buprenorphine strips. It can be done and you don't need 24mg per day to get there.