• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Taper off Subs

CruelBri

Bluelighter
IS it weird that I had been taking 12 mg a day of subs and i just jumped from 12mg to 6 mg a day and not feeling any withdrawals??? I am prescribed adderall/vivanse and i noticed that my leg muscles were very soore but only if i pushed down on them..

im confused as to how i didnt withdraw... Im very excited also lol

In my opinion people are often prescribed higher doses of suboxone than is actually necessary. I've found that the real discomfort relating to suboxone withdrawal occurs when one is trying to get down to 2mg or less, but this is only my experience and I think this may vary widely from person to person.

I couldn't agree more with ^^^
Bupe is so very strong. I've been on bupe for two long stints in my life. First time I was on 10mgs/day, 1x/day. I didn't know much about bupe then. I got off it and all opiates that time by switching to tar for about 6 weeks and then checked into county detox for one week. I stayed 100% clean for 6 years. Then when I started using again for maybe 6-9 month, the usual progression, hydro to oxy to dope. I got on suboxone that time and hated it the dose prescribed of 8 mgs. So I quickly, with the info here on bluelight, dropped to sub mg dosing 3x/day. Not only did I feel way better, but if I times my doses just right I could get a real opiate high. A very nice one.
Like most of the bupe takers here would say, the drug takes on a completely different character once one starts to get down to those small doses and keeps the daily dose total under 2mg. And the transition to those low doses was very easy. Basically I just tapered in a matter of a week or two from 8 to 4 to the sub 1 mg doses three times a day. I had zero discomfort.
I actually got low enough to to switch easily to poppy pod tea. While this is all individual, I think it's fair to generalize that people can taper quickly to low doses and actually have their quality of life increase greatly.

oh ok, thanks for the info... ok so basically going lower then 2 mg a day is when shit get discomforting? what are the side effects of doing 1-2 mg a day.