• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taper from oxy using suboxone

2dark2see

Bluelighter
I guess I'll get right to the point - I started out using norcos 10/325 and got to the point where I had to take 10 at a time to feel anything. A few months ago I switched over to oxy 30's and for about a month I've been doing 5 of those a day. I feel like things got really bad when I went from swallowing them to snorting them. But as you guys know that's an expensive habit to keep up and I finally decided to quit. Also, I wasn't enjoying it anymore and had gotten tired of everything that goes along with a habit like that. So I got a hold of 7 of the 8mg sub strips and today is day 4 of using the suboxone. The first day I used 8mg, second day 6mg, third day 4mg, and so far today I haven't taken any but if I find I need to I'm going to try and just use 2mg. My goal with the suboxone was not long term use but just to avoid major WD so I could keep working, etc.
I was wondering if anyone had experience doing this, and if I keep tapering down the subs like I am will I get addicted to them (or at least will my body get addicted)? If I use 2mg today I was going to use 1mg tomorrow, .5 the next day, etc. I'd really like to be off all substances, and I don't actually have a suboxone rx so that would be hard to maintain in the long run anyway. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I should mention that I wasn't planning on taking 8mg of sub that first day but even though I had waited the 24 hrs after my last oxy and was feeling WD I apparently didn't wait long enough bc when I took 4mg sub it sent me into precipitated WD and that was THE worst feeling I've ever felt. Insanity. So I took another 4mg, 1 klonopin and eventually felt ok.
Also, I do have some meds to help with WD symptoms should they come up after I stop the sub. I've got klonopins, loperamide, ambien, gabapentin, propranolol, zofran for nausea, and seroquel for anxiety (I'd rather take that than the klonopin). I also have about 20 norcos that I didn't take before starting the subs bc I figured that with my oxy tolerance I wouldn't feel them anyway.
And I wanted to mention I'm not sure if this is in the right forum - if it belongs here or in the recovery/sober forum. I'm sorry if it's misplaced.