• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol

Pandabear47

Bluelighter
Hello, I’ve. High opioid tolerance. I’ve just got some tapentadol (extended release) and no sure how they work, can I crush them for immediate release, what’s the most I can take in a day? (I’m used to Tramadol and 15x DHC -30 mg all in one go.
Please help!!!

OK, I see that nobody jumped in. So I will. I have no experience with slow release tapentadol, but I have taken instant release tapentadol. It is a good painkiller that is more euphoric than tramadol but less than oxycodone. It has, at least, dual mechanism of action. One as an opioid and the other as norepinephrine release agent. Unlike tramadol it doesn't have to be converted into some metabolite to be active, but it has some of the dangerous side effects as tramadol, namely lowering seizure threshold. I think that max recommended dosage is 500mg in 24 hours. If you have tolerance to opioids start with 100mg crushed and proceed from there. I know that combining depressants isn't advisable, but if you have high tolerance and will take more than recommended than some light antisiezure medication would help (low dose of pregabalin or clonazepam). It is a fairly potent opioid that has some relation to tramadol, but is more like classic opioid than tramadol. More than this I can not say as I don't know how release mechanism works and how high is your tolerance (and are you prone to siezures). Take care!

OK, I see that nobody jumped in. So I will. I have no experience with slow release tapentadol, but I have taken instant release tapentadol. It is a good painkiller that is more euphoric than tramadol but less than oxycodone. It has, at least, dual mechanism of action. One as an opioid and the other as norepinephrine release agent. Unlike tramadol it doesn't have to be converted into some metabolite to be active, but it has some of the dangerous side effects as tramadol, namely lowering seizure threshold. I think that max recommended dosage is 500mg in 24 hours. If you have tolerance to opioids start with 100mg crushed and proceed from there. I know that combining depressants isn't advisable, but if you have high tolerance and will take more than recommended than some light antisiezure medication would help (low dose of pregabalin or clonazepam). It is a fairly potent opioid that has some relation to tramadol, but is more like classic opioid than tramadol. More than this I can not say as I don't know how release mechanism works and how high is your tolerance (and are you prone to siezures). Take care!
Thanks for that. It helps

I love my oxy and when my guy lost his script they put him on this and it sucked , no euphoria for me and made my heart feel weird . I had the er big gross pill .

Do u know if you can mic it with codeine etc. To get high?
You can mix it but mixing 2 opioids isn't the best idea. You have to know your tolerance. The same way you can mix codeine with tramadol you can mix codeine with tapentadol. Except tapentadol is stronger than tramadol so you have to take that into account. As @Larimsaid, tapentadol isn't that euphoric, but it is strong. It is more euphoric and waaay stronger than tramadol. But don't expect oxycodone type euphoria, no matter how much you take.

I used tramadol 2003-2017. Then again throughout 2019.
Had to move to tapentadol 100mg immediate release tablets, and it's great. Amazing pain relief. And has even provided euphoria, and mood lift much stronger than tramadol. Shorter duration than tramadol, unfortunately. Tramadol has always been my favorite opioid. I used oxycodone, hydrocodone, and others when I'd be stuck without tramadol for a little while. They mitigated withdrawal very well of course.

Not too familiar with the mechanics of tapentadol extended release formulations, but yes - tap is effective, and does provide a high that is obviously opioid in nature, but difficult to describe. Lovely.