• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol vs Tramadol

Guys.

I have several Tapentadol pills (50 mg ER).

Does it have any recreational value? How does it compare to Tramadol? Any experiences?

I love trams, but I'm very afraid of seizure risks. Perhaps Tapentadol being a stronger opioid (compared to Tramadol), does not need such a high dose to use it recreationally.
Take it and find out.

Lyrica brand is say stronger than the generics. Imo
Some say tapentadol has nonrec value some day it's like s little dose of Oxy I
I never got any psychoactive effects from Lyrica until I took generic pregabalin.i prefer generic Lyrica to branded Lyrica.

Tapentadol at high dose feels more like traditional opiates but I had strange semi-hallucinations on it. For example seeing weird small creature in a corner for a second so maybe it has some anticholinergic properties other than opioid and nri but compared to tramadol which I use often it feels safer and more traditional.

Really its very different from Tramadol in terms of effects. I'm sure I took more than 400mg but didnt have enough to get into trouble. At the doses I used in combo with benzos it was quite good and not at all jittery.

Guys.

I have several Tapentadol pills (50 mg ER).

Does it have any recreational value? How does it compare to Tramadol? Any experiences?

I love trams, but I'm very afraid of seizure risks. Perhaps Tapentadol being a stronger opioid (compared to Tramadol), does not need such a high dose to use it recreationally.
Tapentadol if I remember correctly is more of a typical opioid without the ssri component that makes tramadol sketchy. It was similar in effects to something like oxycodone when I would take it a few years ago so I always treated it as such.

Take it and find out.

Well, I finally decided to take it yesterday. 500 mg during the day, staged doses of 100-200 mg. Unfortunately, due to the abuse of Tramadol, the effects were not as strong as I thought.

I take them with an empty stomach. In half an hour I began to feel euphoria. I also felt more sociable and outgoing, wanting to do things (I cleaned my whole house LOL). I felt activated, but unlike coffee, I was not anxious or nervous. Tramadol, in other hand, makes me sedated (in doses above 400 mg).

Finally, at night, I mix it with my Tramadol (250 mg) and felt even more euphoria. The next morning, I still felt its effects.

The only negative is that its effects last less than Tramadol. But there were no nausea, no hallucinations. They were extended release pills and I had to chew them (hard as a rock).

I would say Tramadol / Tapentadol equivalence is 1:3

One question, there is some way to prevent Tramadol seizures without benzos or other pills??

O-desmethyltramadol has higher binding potency than tapentadol that's why u think tapentadol was mild. U were active because of NRI + mild opioid properties. You can prevent tramadol seizures by taking 100mg up to 4 times daily and not taking any stimulants, alcohol, psychedelics or other opioids.I had 2 seizures from tramadol and first time it was because of addition of ephedrine and caffeine and second time because I used while abstaining from alprazolam and popped promethazine. NMDA antagonists reduce seizure risk.

Tapentadol did absolutely fuck all to me. I mean literally nothing. Zero effect. At least it didn't give me a seizure like tramadol though.

O-desmethyltramadol has higher binding potency than tapentadol that's why u think tapentadol was mild. U were active because of NRI + mild opioid properties. You can prevent tramadol seizures by taking 100mg up to 4 times daily and not taking any stimulants, alcohol, psychedelics or other opioids.I had 2 seizures from tramadol and first time it was because of addition of ephedrine and caffeine and second time because I used while abstaining from alprazolam and popped promethazine. NMDA antagonists reduce seizure risk.

Ok, that makes sense.

About tramadol, I had no idea that caffeine increases chances of seizures. I consume about 1000 mg of tramadol per day and a lot of coffee and black tea. I guess the risk is too high.

Ok, that makes sense.

About tramadol, I had no idea that caffeine increases chances of seizures. I consume about 1000 mg of tramadol per day and a lot of coffee and black tea. I guess the risk is too high.
I think it was mostly ephedrine which caused my seizure. But i had no problem with tram + meth or even mdma so..it depends on person..tram can be dangerous