• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol vs Tramadol

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Guys.

I have several Tapentadol pills (50 mg ER).

Does it have any recreational value? How does it compare to Tramadol? Any experiences?

I love trams, but I'm very afraid of seizure risks. Perhaps Tapentadol being a stronger opioid (compared to Tramadol), does not need such a high dose to use it recreationally.

while i HATE tramadol and would never ever take it again, if someone offer me a red, a blue and a tramadol to pick from i'd super glue my mouth shut and shrug then walk away however, tapentadol after briefly looking it up and ready alittle, i did first read about this one last week as a matter a fact but did a brief re read because my mind isn't what it used to be because drugs are stronk anyways.....

this seems to definetely have recreational value, i can't reccomend a dose of such, but i'll advise you to stick to the rule "YOU CAN ALWAYS TAKE MORE BUT NEVER LESS*" its part of a mix class of opioid and benzoid which is very very interesting to me, i'd like you to report back how they affect you, pros and con wise compared to something common like morphine or oxy out of curiosity, but i'd start with 50-100 aka 1 or 2 pills, go from there, i'll post back shortly if it had a dose limit like tramadol does because it did mention its similar, and tramadol has a 24hr limit of 400mg before significantly increasing the liklihood of stroke or seizure

spelling error * you can always take more but never less...... i shouldn't have taken the last dose of amps, my heart may or may not start running down the street

alright didn't take long to come to this shit news for you.. sorry to tell ya.
Tapentadol has been demonstrated to reduce the seizure threshold in patients. Tapentadol should be used cautiously in patients with a history of seizures, and in patients who are also taking one or more other drugs which have also been demonstrated to reduce the seizure threshold.

so the more you take the higher the danger, i'll edit this with the max dose they give per 24hr if i find it. i would say don't go over 200 for sure.

kk, so to conclude this interesting sponging up of new info is the following

MAXIMUM DOSAGE for adults are 700 for a 24 hr period but thats likely to be for tolerant individuals so i'd stick to a max of 200 for safety. safety first!
the plasma concentration of tapentadol differs to a relevant degree based on the administered dose, with the highest tested dose (250 mg) resulting in a higher Cmax than would be expected via the dose-proportionate plasma concentration expectations.[14] Increased doses of tapentadol should be anticipated to be slightly stronger than predicted by linear functions of the previous dose-response relation.

stay safe
~Zonxx

alright didn't take long to come to this shit news for you.. sorry to tell ya.
Tapentadol has been demonstrated to reduce the seizure threshold in patients. Tapentadol should be used cautiously in patients with a history of seizures, and in patients who are also taking one or more other drugs which have also been demonstrated to reduce the seizure threshold.

so the more you take the higher the danger, i'll edit this with the max dose they give per 24hr if i find it. i would say don't go over 200 for sure.

Thanks for the info Zonxx.

I know this is stupid but I have taken more than 400 mg (a lot more) and have never had a seizure. I don't know if it will be luck or my metabolism processes it differently. But with those HIGH doses, I know that it is a matter of time for me to suffer a seizure. I'm playing with fire.

you know, if you do decide to push it, can i suggest taking something like a lower dose of gabapentin (300mg) or lyrica/pregabalin (150mg) it'll lessen the risk of seizure, i'm only alive today because of pregabalin, while i won't share the dose i will say tramadol may very well likely have had been the last thing i would've taken if i hadn't taken the amount of gaba meds the few hours before eating the remaining pills that were actually for my dog that had passed away, 3 hours of joy, 16 hours of the worst nausea i've had in my life.

be safe as always, remember - you can always take more but never less!

stay safe!
~zonxx

you know, if you do decide to push it, can i suggest taking something like a lower dose of gabapentin (300mg) or lyrica/pregabalin (150mg) it'll lessen the risk of seizure, i'm only alive today because of pregabalin, while i won't share the dose i will say tramadol may very well likely have had been the last thing i would've taken if i hadn't taken the amount of gaba meds the few hours before eating the remaining pills that were actually for my dog that had passed away, 3 hours of joy, 16 hours of the worst nausea i've had in my life.

In fact, I knew that until recently. I used to take Pregabalin with Tramadol because I felt that both were potentiated. Pregabalin is more expensive, so I don't always have it.

Apparently, benzos decrease the risk of seizures from Tramadol too, so occasionally I take small doses of Lorazepam or Clonazepam.

In fact, I knew that until recently. I used to take Pregabalin with Tramadol because I felt that both were potentiated. Pregabalin is more expensive, so I don't always have it.

Apparently, benzos decrease the risk of seizures from Tramadol too, so occasionally I take small doses of Lorazepam or Clonazepam.
good on you m8 i love hearing safety is a priority. you don't know how happy it really does actually make me, not exaggerating or shitting you. good on you.
ahh are you buying brand lyrica n probs live in the states huh? yeah i heard about the prices, absurd if you ask me, i can't share my new source but, i can say medications from india are so cheap i'd lose braincells trying to figure out how they do it.

Tapentadol is stronger than tramadol but it doesn't turn into a metabolite like tramadol does so if your kind of person who gets strong opiate effects of tramadol I would stick to the tramadol
Itstrqnge how gps can't give this out as mine wanted me on it

Tapentadol is stronger than tramadol but it doesn't turn into a metabolite like tramadol does so if your kind of person who gets strong opiate effects of tramadol I would stick to the tramadol
Itstrqnge how gps can't give this out as mine wanted me on it
its not the same as tramadol though, it act SOMEWHAT similar being a norephedrine reuptake inhib but that's about where the similarities end, aside from that its entirely different, it's an interesting drug that i dont think we have in canada, never ever ran into this and i've used more or less every opiate except for Oxymorphone, really been killing me to try that one too.
edit- and it can cause seizures like tramadol but thats about the two things they have in common

good on you m8 i love hearing safety is a priority. you don't know how happy it really does actually make me, not exaggerating or shitting you. good on you.
ahh are you buying brand lyrica n probs live in the states huh? yeah i heard about the prices, absurd if you ask me, i can't share my new source but, i can say medications from india are so cheap i'd lose braincells trying to figure out how they do it.

I'm from Chile, Zonxx.

Lirica is expensive, but there is bioequivalent Pregabalin and much cheaper. Funny thing is that Gabapentin costs almost twice as much as Pregabalin here and pharmacies almost never ask for a prescription to buy Pregabalin. In fact, I think here very few know that it has some recreational use.

Guys.

I have several Tapentadol pills (50 mg ER).

Does it have any recreational value? How does it compare to Tramadol? Any experiences?

I love trams, but I'm very afraid of seizure risks. Perhaps Tapentadol being a stronger opioid (compared to Tramadol), does not need such a high dose to use it recreationally.

I've never taken tapentadol but I know studies have shown it to have more abuse potential than tramadol (so much so that it is more restricted, i.e., schedule II). I always imagine it to be similar to the tramadol metabolite o-desmethyltramadol (or, O-DSMT, which is sold as a research chemical and from my experience is perhaps 2 to 3 times as recreational as tramadol when taken orally).

In short, it has recreational value, and is superior to tramadol for recreational purposes (though tramadol may be a more effective antidepressant).

I've never taken tapentadol but I know studies have shown it to have more abuse potential than tramadol (so much so that it is more restricted, i.e., schedule II). I always imagine it to be similar to the tramadol metabolite o-desmethyltramadol (or, O-DSMT, which is sold as a research chemical and from my experience is perhaps 2 to 3 times as recreational as tramadol when taken orally).

In short, it has recreational value, and is superior to tramadol for recreational purposes (though tramadol may be a more effective antidepressant).
its basically and opiate/benzo as far as the research i did earlier, it sounds super interesting honestly

I'm from Chile, Zonxx.

Lirica is expensive, but there is bioequivalent Pregabalin and much cheaper. Funny thing is that Gabapentin costs almost twice as much as Pregabalin here and pharmacies almost never ask for a prescription to buy Pregabalin. In fact, I think here very few know that it has some recreational use.
lyrica is basically just branded pregabalin, fuck brands sometimes brand pharma bullshit is ridiculous, the only meds i insist on buying brand-name are Klonopin/clonazepam, which cost me a few bucks but the generics aren't really up to par for that one

Lyrica brand is say stronger than the generics. Imo
Some say tapentadol has nonrec value some day it's like s little dose of Oxy I

Lyrica brand is say stronger than the generics. Imo
Some say tapentadol has nonrec value some day it's like s little dose of Oxy I

Some time ago I bought branded Pregabalin (I don't remember the name) and I don't know if it was pure placebo or what but I felt it stronger.

To me gabapentin / tramadol and tapentadol / lyrica. Tapentadol and lyrica give same kinda fuzzy headspace.

Interesting.
How much Tapentadol do you take? I know that Tramadol equivalence to oral Morphine is 1:10 but I'm not sure about Tapentadol.