• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tapentadol vs Tramadol; Which is better?

supersonic89

Bluelighter
In short, I have these two possibilities to get legally this weekend. I wonder which one is better? Which one works best as an analgesic? and which one is better recreationally?

- 20 pills of Tramadol of 100 mg.
- 10 pills of Tapentadol XR of 50 mg.

What option to choose? I know that many people say that Tramadol sucks but I like it and I am currently taking more than 400 mg almost every day. I have tried Tapentadol only once and would like to give it another chance. What do you think of this drug? Any experiences? Is it better than Tramadol? In theory it should be because it is not a pro-drug.

Last edited:
I've never liked Tramadol it's got too many side-effects, and Tapentadol is meant to be similar so I wouldn't recommend either lol. Try and get ur self on a proper opioid like Oxycodone.

They're both shit but tramadol is the best out of the two. Tapentadol does fuck all to me and many others who try it. Those who do get effects tend to describe a pretty unpleasant, almost deliriant "high". Tramadol at least feels like an opioid just keep your dose below 400mg to avoid seizures.

They're both shit but tramadol is the best out of the two. Tapentadol does fuck all to me and many others who try it. Those who do get effects tend to describe a pretty unpleasant, almost deliriant "high". Tramadol at least feels like an opioid just keep your dose below 400mg to avoid seizures.

Which one do you think would work best for analgesia?

Last edited:
Which one do you think would work best for analgesia?

Tramadol. I don't get any analgesia at all from tapentadol personally.

This is just going off my own experiences though. If you just want it for analgesia not to abuse, it might be worth trying tapentadol to see if it works for you.

However most tapentadol is time release and if it's the Palexia brand it's very difficult to bypass it so look out for that.

O-dsmt is actually stronger than Tapentadol but if u can't metabolize tramadol throught cyp2d6 to M1 (odsmt) than Tapentadol is better choice. In low dose it is quite mild and high dosages are like mild oxy high with strange visual-like effects. Little bit trippy.