Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tapentadol (Palexia Retard) - Retrospective - Underrated Opioid

supersonic89

Bluelighter
I found this report in one of my notebooks in which I used to write my experiences with drugs. And since there are very few reports about this drug I would like to tell you about this experience. <3

Drug : Tapentadol
Brand : Palexis Retard (aka Palexia Retard) - Extended Release Formulation
Dose : 300 mg.
Route of Administration : Oral
About Me : Low to Medium-Tolerance to Opioids (I had only taken tramadol, tapentadol codeine, and buprenorphine.)

This was in April 2020. I was going through a small withdrawal from tramadol (I took it between January 2019 and February 2020, almost daily and in doses >400 mg. with a small clean period in July-August) and some symptoms of depression.

I've only had experiences with codeine, tramadol, buprenorphine (patches), and tapentadol. Tapentadol had only taken it once before but only in small doses and I liked its effects plus it hits much faster than tramadol and I saw a good deal from one of my vendors so I said why not. So, this was my second experience with Tapentadol.

The day before I was very excited and very happy, since I knew that my shipment with the tapentadol would arrive today/tomorrow. After lunch (lightly) I went for my package. It was a very hot day in my town. Luckily, the postal service is a couple of meters from my house, so in 10 minutes I had the tapentadol in my hands.

It's 5 PM and I will take my first dose and will redose, according to how I feel.

T + 0: 00: I take my first dose: one 100 mg pill. I used the "microwave / freezer" method (I ground the pill and "cooked" it for 3-5 minutes and put it in the freezer for another 5 minutes). I don't know where the hell I copied this method from, but I thought these tablets being so fucking HARD maybe it were ADF or something like that. Anyway, I threw the powder into a glass with unsweetened soda and drank it. The pills I used (Palexis Retard or Palexia Retard) are tremendously hard, so I needed a hammer to grind them down (I'm not lying at all). :ROFLMAO:

T + 0: 15: I think 100 mg. are somewhat a little dose for my tolerance, so I take another pill of 100 mg. This time I just break it with my teeth and chew it. They don't have that horrible taste of tramadol, but you have to have some experience chewing pills, since the tablets can easily get stuck on your teeth. I told myself; maybe due to my tolerance and experiences with tramadol I wouldn't feel 100 mg much.

T + 0: 30: Wow. I'm already feeling "something". A sense of calm and peace is coming to me and I don't feel any anxiety or worry. I don't care about anything at the time. It feels really good, but I'm still expecting a bit of euphoria so I'm going to find the blister and take out another 100 mg pill. I put it in my mouth and start chewing it.

At this point, I give a little "boost" to the effects of tapentadol, drinking some coffee (1 cup) and a glass of Coke. I estimate about 70 mg. of caffeine. I find caffeine very euphoric when I consume it in small doses daily (no more than 200-300mg). For this reason, this coffee tasted delicious and its aroma is spectacular (I am definitely already feeling a bit of the euphoria of tapentadol).

T + 0: 40: I am beginning to feel a little tickling in my legs, a feeling of numbness and a little nausea that may have been a product of the coffee and Coca-Cola mix or the tapentadol (hard to tell). But, right now I don't care about anything, I'm feeling too good to worry about a little nausea. Definitely at this time I would say that I already feel that euphoria that opioids cause and tremendous happiness with full well-being.

T + 0: 45: Hell. My vision is starting to get a bit cloudy but I still feel fine. I also notice some stuttering when speaking, although this almost always happens to me with opioids (especially when I have taken a little too much).

T + 0: 55: My limbs feel a bit heavy, I have never really experienced this before with tramadol or any other opioid. I am completely without any worries, my vision is quite blurry (it's difficult for me to check the cell phone notifications) and my euphoria is still growing.

Unfortunately the stuttering is still present and when talking to my father (who comes to visit me almost every day), he notices that I am on "something". :LOL: I feel a drunken sensation but with euphoria. Alcohol almost never give me euphoria, just nausea. It's weird to put it into words but this drug is definitely more euphoric than tramadol, but more sedative as well. I don't feel like going out for a marathon or doing chores like tramadol. Now I understand why the United States put it on list II of controlled-drugs.

T + 1: 10: My body still feels somewhat heavy and the feeling of being drunk continues. In addition, now I am having a hard time writing this report, the words and letters are getting confused and since I am writing it on paper ("a la" old school) I have a hard time maneuvering the pencil. Also, sometimes I go blank and ideas come out of my head. Perhaps this is the only side effect that I catch off guard and somewhat annoying.

I continue to talk to my father, who lives a couple of houses from mine and tried not to talk to him much, despite wanting to do so, since I am stuttering a bit much and he knows me very well, he knows that when sluttering is a sign that I am taking some narcotic. He has known about my abuse of tramadol in the past and he is not a pro-drug person, so I will try to hide my stuttering as much as possible.

T + 1: 15: I'm feeling bumps of euphoria (they come and go). It's not a "flat" high like the Tramadol>ODSMT. This is more variable, but its peaks are tremendous. My mood is through the roof and I feel like everything is wonderful. I would like to hug everyone. I start laughing out of nowhere. So far, I really like this drug.

Finally, the nausea from the beginning completely disappears and I still have a hard time speaking and writing a bit but with the euphoria I feel, all this does not matter to me.

T + 1:40: My legs and extremities start to itch quite a bit, I only felt this with codeine and at the beginning of my experiences of tramadol (first to second month).

I'm beginning to feel certain involuntary movements of my legs (muscle jerks?), perhaps the dose for my tolerance was too high. But it doesn't seem serious to me since I have never had a seizure, not even when I have taken heroic doses of tramadol (>1000 mg.). :unsure:

T + 1: 50: My drunken feeling gives way to a feeling of being TOTALLY high on drugs. It's feel more clean without sluttering. I think tapentadol is reaching its peak. The euphoria is much more stable and it feels great.

I start to feel very sedated, but euphoric, I started nodding as I had very few times before (only about three times with tramadol and in high doses). Unfortunately, the nausea also comes back a bit. I don't think I'm throwing up like on tramadol but now I think it's a 100% tapentadol's side effect.

T + 2: 10: I feel itchy all over my body (belly, legs, arms). I've always liked this effect, because it feels so good when you scratch it. I think I'm at the peak of tapentadol effects. A huge, euphoric and nodding well-being. My stutter is gone and I can speak more correctly, writing is still difficult but it's because I am nodding mostly.

T + 3: 00: Definitely, I would say that the effect of tapentadol is quite fast and at 1.30-2.30 hours you feel the peak of the euphoric drug effects. Now I feel these effects are waning, but I still feel somewhat sedated and despite the caffeine I drank at the beginning of this report.

There is no stutter at all and the nodding still exists, but the euphoria is slightly wearing off.

T + 5: 00: Ok. Now I would say that the euphoria is definitely gone and the effects of the tapentadol are almost gone. Although my mood is incredible and I feel much better than yesterday for example. It was a GREAT experience. 👏 I think I will do it again later but maybe this time with a lower dose (200 mg?).

I'm going to talk a bit with my friends on WhatsApp and Facebook. In general, the days before these experiences I was a bit depressed (I missed being on tramadol a lot) but the tapentadol raised my mood a lot (I'm not missing tramadol at all by the way) and, now that I'm not so sedated, it's making me want to talk to everyone and do many things. (noradrealine too much?)

Strangely, now I'm feeling a bit of the stimulation like the tramadol one. Although it may all be the result of my depression completely disappearing thanks to tapentadol.

I definitely rate this experience a 9/10. Excellent and underrated opioid, also very cheap in my country and I don't understand why there are not many reports of this drug. It would be a 10/10 if the effects were longer and that stutter or white mind didn't show up as much. But, I will definitely take it again. Maybe the dose was too much for someone of my tolerance, so my advice will be: start low. Give tapentadol a chance. If you love tramadol (like I do), I am sure you will love this drug.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_tapentadol
substancecode_opiates
explevel_retrospective
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice report.

In theory this should just be an improved more recreational version of Tramadol... But most the reviews I've read have been mixed at best. Apparently the seizure & serotonin syndrome risk are as great, if not even greater on this drug??

Nice report.

In theory this should just be an improved more recreational version of Tramadol... But most the reviews I've read have been mixed at best. Apparently the seizure & serotonin syndrome risk are as great, if not even greater on this drug??
Seizure risk is lower actually.

I have said before but I don’t see this drug having much recreational value, especially for a first time user (as in someone being prescribed it for short term pain).

I definitely don’t find any euphoria etc on it. It is an excellent analgesic though, one of the best I’ve tried.

Nice report.

Yeah like @PrincessDiz say, the seizure risks are much lower than tramadol.

The truth is that I was also a little scared, because I had read mixed reports but since that date (April 2020), I have continued to take it occasionally and I totally love it, I have even experimented with doses higher than the one on this report (>300 mg) and I find it very euphoric (definitely more than tramadol), but it's also true that it's more sedating and its effects are shorter than tramadol. Also, redosing doesn't work that well. I don't know why there are people who don't find it euphoric or recreational or even hallucinate with this drug hahaha. I guess, just like tramadol, is one of those drugs that is loved or hated, there are no middle ground lol. I would tell you to try it and see for yourself.

I have a OxyContin tolerance of 40 mg per day and I could not feel anything off of 150 mg of Tapendol. Maybe a little blurry vision and weird things out the corner of my eyes and a rapid heartbeat but I got no euphoria. But it would hold me off withdrawing from oxy but was not recreational for me .
Glad you enjoyed it .

I have a OxyContin tolerance of 40 mg per day and I could not feel anything off of 150 mg of Tapendol. Maybe a little blurry vision and weird things out the corner of my eyes and a rapid heartbeat but I got no euphoria. But it would hold me off withdrawing from oxy but was not recreational for me .
Glad you enjoyed it .

I definitely got blurry vision too. :LOL: But my heartbeat never had any problem, I even had a cup of coffee with a glass of Coke at T+0: 30. Despite the caffeine, I nodded several times when I wrote the report.

I think tolerance here is an important factor. If you have experimented with strong opioids, tapentadol may not have great recreational value. Also, 150 mg. of tapentadol is a very small dose for someone with a tolerance of 40 mg. of oxycodone imo. I would have tried 250-300 mg. I know that several online calculators show that 40 mg. of oxy = 150 mg. of tapentadol but that is the equianalgesic value, not recreational.

Seizure risk is lower actually.

I have said before but I don’t see this drug having much recreational value, especially for a first time user (as in someone being prescribed it for short term pain).

I definitely don’t find any euphoria etc on it. It is an excellent analgesic though, one of the best I’ve tried.

The truth is that I was also a little scared, because I had read mixed reports but since that date (April 2020), I have continued to take it occasionally and I totally love it, I have even experimented with doses higher than the one on this report (>300 mg) and I find it very euphoric (definitely more than tramadol), but it's also true that it's more sedating and its effects are shorter than tramadol. Also, redosing doesn't work that well. I don't know why there are people who don't find it euphoric or recreational or even hallucinate with this drug hahaha. I guess, just like tramadol, is one of those drugs that is loved or hated, there are no middle ground lol. I would tell you to try it and see for yourself.

Glad you enjoyed it .

I definitely got blurry vision too. :LOL: But my heartbeat never had any problem, I even had a cup of coffee with a glass of Coke at T+0: 30. Despite the caffeine, I nodded several times when I wrote the report.

I think tolerance here is an important factor. If you have experimented with strong opioids, tapentadol may not have great recreational value. Also, 150 mg. of tapentadol is a very small dose for someone with a tolerance of 40 mg. of oxycodone imo. I would have tried 250-300 mg. I know that several online calculators show that 40 mg. of oxy = 150 mg. of tapentadol but that is the equianalgesic value, not recreational.
It seems that this drug is not for me then...

I've never been a huge fan of Tramadol as it seems to stimulate me rather than sedate me (which sedation being what I enjoy)

Also I don't use Oxy often - but I seem to have a semi-permanent where I'll need 160 mg + to get me a decent effect; no matter how long a break I've had from Opiates.

Anyways, thanks for the info peeps ;)

It seems that this drug is not for me then...

I've never been a huge fan of Tramadol as it seems to stimulate me rather than sedate me (which sedation being what I enjoy)

Also I don't use Oxy often - but I seem to have a semi-permanent where I'll need 160 mg + to get me a decent effect; no matter how long a break I've had from Opiates.

Anyways, thanks for the info peeps ;)

This drug is not a stimulant like tramadol. Nor is it a pro-drug. It's more like the tramadol opioid metabolite: o-desmethyltramadol.

But, you're right, you will surely need a fairly large dose to match those + 160 mg of oxy.

Although last month, I got to take 1200 mg. of tapentadol in a couple of hours. Shit! That was a damn great high. It's a shame to have been so wasted to write a report.

I experienced the blurry vision too with tapentadol.
I have taken in my life codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, buprenorphine and heroin. I've also done poppy pod tea and I consider myself quite experienced by now with opioids and it was a first time for me the blurry vision. It went away quickly at least.

Doesn't it happen to anyone else that they start talking alone? as if someone else was present in the room. Weird shit. :LOL: Also, I found that Palexis / Tapentadol doesn't hurt as much as people say snorted and obviously hits faster, but I'd be interested to know about its bioavailability.

My experience with Tapentadol includes getting lost in my thoughts, literally! I will be thinking, start to nod off, then answer out loud to my own thoughts. I normally take my Tapentadol in combination with either carisoprodal (soma) or some other benzo. Right now, it's about $0.70 for a 100mg pill! My only complaint is the comedown where I just can't stop sweating and dry mouth. Otherwise I love the high. I will be having a conversation with someone (actually) and I will nod in and out of the conversation, it's so unusual.

Best Wishes!

How would this be for social settings? Like going out / night scene...etc? Looking for an alternative for tramadol since ive heard so many "horror stories" about the seizure threshold of it.

How would this be for social settings? Like going out / night scene...etc? Looking for an alternative for tramadol since ive heard so many "horror stories" about the seizure threshold of it.
In my personal opinion this is not best suited for a social drug. I guess it depends on what social context specifically, but I would say this drug is best suited for home or a friends place for use.

Best Wishes!

This drug is not a stimulant like tramadol. Nor is it a pro-drug. It's more like the tramadol opioid metabolite: o-desmethyltramadol.

But, you're right, you will surely need a fairly large dose to match those + 160 mg of oxy.

Although last month, I got to take 1200 mg. of tapentadol in a couple of hours. Shit! That was a damn great high. It's a shame to have been so wasted to write a report.
I am having a different experience with Tapentadol. It makes is very much a stimulant to me today at 200mg, with zero tolerance. Also the more I peak the worse my anxiety grows, I had none before the tapentadol today. I've also taken 10mg diazepam & .5mg clonazepam.

I am having a different experience with Tapentadol. It makes is very much a stimulant to me today at 200mg, with zero tolerance. Also the more I peak the worse my anxiety grows, I had none before the tapentadol today. I've also taken 10mg diazepam & .5mg clonazepam.
Anxiety is a weird side effect. If anything it should provide anxiolysis for me it provides antidepressant like effects (Due to its norephinerphrine action if I were to guess). It is stimulating for me later in the experience early in the experience it is sedating, but I also combine it with clonazolam or carisoprodol.

I am a bit lost with the folks that report no euphoria. I just assume they are used to much more potent opioids.

I am a bit lost with the folks that report no euphoria. I just assume they are used to much more potent opioids.

Yes it's my only opioid and I find even 25mg feels like an egg of warm love gets cracked on your head and slowly covers your entire body. Def more mellow with soma and benzo's.... just a fine line, and an very unexperienced dude walking the tight rope above lol

(1 became 2 for the Joy of becoming one again)

Yes it's my only opioid and I find even 25mg feels like an egg of warm love gets cracked on your head and slowly covers your entire body. Def more mellow with soma and benzo's.... just a fine line, and an very unexperienced dude walking the tight rope above lol

(1 became 2 for the Joy of becoming one again)
It's my only opioid too. (Didn't want to mess with the street stuff)

I don't feel anything from tapentadol, except for adrenaline reuptake inhibition. Yuck.

I don't feel anything from tapentadol, except for adrenaline reuptake inhibition. Yuck.
it's crazy, if i take it alone it's like speed for the first 3 hours, then comes the nodding but at first i'm all all zippy zippy its so strange