• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapentadol or tramadol

FairyMary

Greenlighter
Hi maybe someone can help me please I'm about to choose next painkillers after dihydrocodeine. Tramadol or tapentadol? Which one is actually stronger and can they both be taken with codeine. E.g. in the day, 2 X tramadol or tapentadol, 3rd evening dose codeine. I'm also on methocarbamol and duloxetine. Thanks

I love tramadol, is the most stimulating opioid I ever experienced. Codeine is just a weaker morphine (the molecule is a kind of innative morphine, I recommend you methadone, the effects last too much and the torelability is awesome.

Tramadol is my least favorit, if Tapentadol is a bit like o-DSMT. That would certainly be my preference.

DiHydroCodeine and Codeine sound like better option's, except their duration is kinda short. The first one is not available over here like Tapentadol. So no personal exp with them.

Tapentadol is stronger even says online it's between tramadol and morphine in strengh, it gave me terrible nightmares though I threw mine away in the end they was that bad, I enjoyed them though but not worth the nightmares lol, but tolerance builds quickly

For combination with codeine I’d take tapentadol. I just don’t enjoy the stimulating serotonergic feeling of tramadol.

The best one for you is highly dependent on how you personally react to them, if you're using for pain, what kind of pain etc.

People either seem to love or hate tramadol, and it has the potential to cause seizures in people otherwise not prone to them. Same goes for tapentadol, but I don't have any experience with tapentadol so i'm not sure how different it is from tramadol in subjective effects.

If you plan on taking doses over 300-400mg per day of tramadol or are prone to seizures, be very cautious when taking either tapentadol or tramadol.

I have enough from 70mg tramadol. I don’t get why people take so copious amounts of especially opioids…

Tapentadol works good for pain, if you looking for stimulation tramadol is better. Altho, I wouldn't call neither of them very euphoric tbh.

I have enough from 70mg tramadol. I don’t get why people take so copious amounts of especially opioids

Tolerance obviously and everyone reacts differently to the same amount of drugs, 70mg tramadol would do fuck all to most people on here

If you can, get tapentadol, it's more similar to tramadol's active metabolite, o-desmethyltramadol (which is where the goodies come from) than tram itself. It's scheduled in most countries though while you might be able to get tramadol on normal script or even without. I tried some tapentadol while the brief period where it was newly available but not yet scheduled and it's been long ago so I remember little but I liked it.

I have enough from 70mg tramadol. I don’t get why people take so copious amounts of especially opioids…
I didn't feel a thing from 500mg tramadol besides some SNRI side effects, and this was when I was off any other meds so no CYP2D6 blockade, also DXM worked well so not a poor metabolizer. But with most drugs I do agree, the doses of meth etc. usually listed tend to be ridiculously high.

I love Tramadol. People who say they do generally have a low opiate tolerance. Chasing a stronger opiate buzz on Tramadol seems to have the SNRI effects get in the way.