• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol (Nucynta) and Methadone

Greed420

Bluelighter
Hi everyone, it's a couple of days that I got some tapentadol both 50mg and 100mg. I have experience with opiates (tried heroinde, codeine, methadone, buprenorphine, morphine, oxycodone) and i want to try this new pharm but i prefer asks some question before do something stupid.
Im currently on methadone 35mg/daily, and 10mg es-citalopram (SSRI). Did someone tried tapentadol in a condition close to mine?
I read that tapentadol is a mu-opioid agonist (and this is good) but also a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (and maybe this is no good if mixed with SSRI's), Im in a very low dosage anti-depressants but i dont know if its good to mix.
With 35mg of methadone what happen if i take nucynta? The methadone will potentiate tapentadol or make me feel sick?

There's surprisingly little on safe use of this combination. I'm inclined to say that it isn't safe. I would only say it's safe if your doctor and your pharmacist give you the green light. Tapentadol wouldn't be as dangerous as tramadol, but you're still going to risk serotonin syndrome.

Also, if you need 35 mg of methadone, I don't think the tapentadol will do much for you. You'll likely only feel the unpleasant SNRI effects.

I had at least two GP's agree that 50-100mgs of Tapentadol mixed with 50-100mgs of Sertraline (SSRI) was fine (low to moderate risk is what their computers were telling them as I read over their shoulders) but as per the member above that mild opioid is gonna need an uncomfortable abstinence from your Methadone for it to be noticed when used at safe levels with respect to your SSRI.

Do you know how much Oxycodone it takes for you to feel positive effects while on 35mg of 'done?

Tapentadol is like half as potent as morphine, while methadone is around twice as potent, so 35 mg methadone is around 70 mg morphine, so you'd need around 140 mg of tapentadol (or less due to incomplete cross tolerance, so start lower as you can always take more but never less)to feel something, if you have no methadone in your system, but at your dosage the methadone will most likely block tapentadols mu-agonism, so you'll only feel the unpleasant NRI effects

thanks everyone for the replies. For the Oxy question i dont know because i never took oxy while on methadone. I used it couple of years ago, before start treatment; to feel pleasant effect from oxy i took around 30-40mg snorted, but i hadn't tolerance at all. I can do a comparsion with street heroin, i snorted 0.7g and felt nothing (while i was on 70mg methadone/daily).
Guess you're all right, even if i took 200mg tapentadol i won't feel anything due to methadone.

Just curious to know wat bioavailability is wit tapentadol orally and rectally. I have 100mg er tablets and tryin to dissolve them in water so i can plug them and its impossible!! It turns in to horrible gell! Can anyone help?

@averagegir just checked the oral BA of tapentadol and its 32-34%. Dunno if plugging its better but i suggest u to taking orally. My father took this med for pain and with 150mg he starts nodding. If you took it for recreational use, i suggest you to break the pill in half and swallow, sometimes theres a film around the pill that make it extended release (Sorry for my english)