• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol - How to convert extended release tablets to immediate release

roamster1

Greenlighter
Does anyone know how to convert tapentadol 100mg extended release tablets into instant release for oral use? I believe the extended release function is achieved using polyethylene oxide matrix. This seems to make crushing up the pill not very effective.

Many thanks.

It's like creating an little artificial stomach that releases all the opiate into the liquid

Or simply, bite the pill in half and swallow.

If we are talking about Palexia/Palexia, that shit has to be broken with a fucking hammer, because they are hard as rocks.

I use scissors, cuts up like butter and can easily get to a fine powder without it flying around everywhere. Consume with soft drink, preferably coke/pepsi

Soak the crushed pill in cola or something equally acidic overnight and drink it. Bang.
So I must have the crumbly ones, they’re still not instant when crushed into a fine powder. So Ive been using @Axe battler’s advice. So after a while of it being in Sprite (I prefer because it’s clear) the powder turns into a thick gooey texture, this must be how cutting them up doesn’t work that well. I’m prescribed Tapentadol 100mg MR and Oxycotin 20mg MR, and I can vouch for this technique. Now firstly you have to be careful, I can swallow 400mg in pill form no problem, but once they’re fully dissolved in the water it kicks in incredibly fast. I use a pyrex so I can calculate how many mg’s per 10ml of liquid. A little added tip which has worked nicely, use warm soda, and just add a couple splashes of boiling water while stirring. You should be able to comfortably hold your finger in it without it burning, you just want slightly over lukewarm, Another thing I’ve noticed, is Im not needing to take anti nausea on high doses, whatever that stuff is that makes it gooey must be what made me nauseas with high doses, The “artificial stomach” is the perfect term. Ive tried dissolving them as full pills, cut in half, cut into fine powder (or bullet blender with a bit of water (dont blend the soda lol). The most effective way seems to be blending with cold water before adding to the lukewarm soda, but it works either way just slower.