• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

"tan" mdpv

Most of the degradation products being produced would be illegal yes.

I'm not convinced the actual degradation product that is produced in the 'other' thread by the OP IS illegal.

I think we should consider what aromatic type solutions are likely used to clean (specifically) lab surfaces, and consider them an element in this reaction.

Thoughts?

Most of the degradation products being produced would be illegal yes.

I'm not convinced the actual degradation product that is produced in the 'other' thread by the OP IS illegal.

I think we should consider what aromatic type solutions are likely used to clean (specifically) lab surfaces, and consider them an element in this reaction.

Thoughts?

both the degredation products are illegal in the UK because of the cathinone catch all clause.
and the likely product mixture of the stuffmongerization process is also UK illegal.
it has absolutely nothing to do with cleaning agents or bacteria, more to do with an ubiquitous almost colourless gas.

stop and think logically about it, what reactants are present and what structures are present in MDPV, the product is insoluble in water and insoluble in acid....

I am not going to spell it out because I really don't want yet another hardly researched compound getting out there into the hands of the unscrupulous fuckers who are responsible for the banning of the parent compound.

This tan stuff i tried maybe around 2006? Was from Holland and was sticky, not good for snorting. Very hard to dose on 1mg scales even. Sometimes on 1mg ebay scales it would not show up anything on the display but it would be an active dose.

The stuff was very strong and taking too much would really cripple you in a bad way.

The white stuff felt like it was MDPV that had been cut with something and also didnt kick in as quick as the tan stuff did orally.

MDPV and meph was the real downfall of research chemicals imho, before them the scene wasn't so dodgy, you would most likely get what you ordered (besides a few mislabels that happened), the only thing you had to worry about was getting the right weight you paid for

I can now vouch for stuffmonger and zamzam, the last process they posted involved simply dissolving white mdpv in water and heating it on a glass pan at 200 celsius until the water dissolves, and then taking it out of the oven so it oxidizes with the air. It can be used then after scraping it up but will turn more of the pv if you redissolve it and return the process. The result is tan powder that in NOTHING like pv if you get it all to turn. I just made my first batch an hour ago and just tested ~10 to 15 mg and MY GOD. Like a mix between opium and speed. Hard to concentrate. The only thing I'm not liking about this is the racing heart but it's not to bad, I've had much worse. Pretty euphoric I must say. Sorry for rambling but I am flying on this stuff. I produced about half a gram, I'll add a picture to show the color it should be. I should note that I did roughly 25mg methoxetamine last night for the first time and still felt a nice afterglow from that.

yepn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
This tan stuff i tried maybe around 2006? Was from Holland and was sticky, not good for snorting. Very hard to dose on 1mg scales even. Sometimes on 1mg ebay scales it would not show up anything on the display but it would be an active dose.

The stuff was very strong and taking too much would really cripple you in a bad way.

The white stuff felt like it was MDPV that had been cut with something and also didnt kick in as quick as the tan stuff did orally.

sounds just like my batch. the tiny clumps just stick and absorb into your membranes (nose) instantly. the drip has a very strong flavor, and this is slightly below 1mg

of course i'm just talking out of my ass tho as i haven't experienced any other batch, let alone older tan batches. just pointing out that there are a few similarities at least

^ No, it's most certainly not MDPV freebase, as you can gather from this thread and the other thread.

I still have some tan MDPV left from back in the day, in cooperation with someone it will be subjected to GC/MS analysis, I am very excited.

Thing is, I have never tried white MDPV and only tried modest quantities of the tan MDPV which I did not really like. Stims aren't really my thing anyway, what I can say is that I thought a-PPP was a little better but they are all nowhere near the clean effect of say dexamphetamine. 2-FA was also quite good, if mild.
My main point is that even if I would try my white MDPV now (got it for free, no interest in taking it) too much time has passed to make any comparisons about it 'having to be something totally different'. So my tan MDPV, which has batch #2 written on the bag and is from around the time I think it popped up in the scene, may not even be THE tan MDPV. Though I think if only batch #1 was THE tan MDPV, and I don't even know if there were parallel synths at that time, why the hell is my product tan. It's a typical color, nothing else I have looks like it. My a-PPP started to look and smell like gnarly brown chunks of dank fucked up potato or something.
Of course I could also try my tan MDPV again now but I'd really rather not.

Anyway if the results come back regular MDPV everything remains vague and inconclusive, though if it comes as something unexpected on the other hand I think we may actually have an answer.
I totally feel like I'm in a National Treasure movie. Wait, did I just think that or type that?

It's "the" tan MDPV if you got it from "the tan MDPV seller" (there was only one, afaik, and he was in Europe.... I think the UK). The bags all had white labels that started with a number, the chemical name, the amount in mg below that, and then said "For laboratory use only, not for food, household or cosmetic use".

If it isn't labeled like that, it's not verifiably "the" tan MDPV.

Last edited:
It's "the" tan MDPV if you got it from "the tan MDPV seller" (there was only one, afaik, and he was in Europe.... I think the UK). The bags all had white labels that started with a number, the chemical name, the amount in mg below that, and then said "For laboratory use only, not for food, household or cosmetic use".

If it isn't labeled like that, it's not verifiably "the" tan MDPV.

Mine came from a north american vendor. Im pretty sure it could have been the original company who made it sent it out to more than one vendor. The manufcaturer was well known so it seems likely.

my original tan I dont doubt was the original. it was tan brown powder but if left uncapped and was touched for a time it went to a sort of paste like substance.

Unlike anything around today.

The original tan was made in 2005 by a European vendor... (not to discuss it that much) as far as I know

It was light tan

The original tan was made in 2005 by a European vendor... (not to discuss it that much) as far as I know

It was light tan
Yes... happy to offer pictures of the stuff. How light a tan it was is in the eye of the beholder... to me it looked rather dark tan as compared to today's stuff. It also had a very distinctive potato-y odor.

Judging from a lot of previous anecdotes, it seems to be only impure freebase of MDPV that called "tan". Actually, pure freebase of MDPV is not tan-coloured. It's off-white fluffy solid at 25 degrees Celsius (or about 70 degrees Fahrenheit), and has relatively low m.p. so when heat it easily turns liquid, with yellow-amber colour. Besides it's so unstable that quickly decomposes in the air then turns brownish, this might be the true feature of the "tan".

^ That's quite interesting. Mind if I have a go at it?

At first glance, the mass spectrum of the impurity doesn't really resemble that of MDPV, but I believe this substance is in fact very closely related to MDPV. The base peak at m/z 124 is probably a butylpyrrolinium ion. It is less abundant than the corresponding butylpyrrolidinium (m/z 126) of MDPV, which is consistent with a lower theoretical stability.

m/z 121 and 149 could be assigned to methylenedioxyphenyl and methylenedioxybenzenecarbonyl ions, respectively. They indicate that the impurity contains both the methylenedioxy and beta-keto moieties of MDPV.

m/z 273 is a probable molecular ion. m/z 230 results from the loss of a propyl radical from m/z 273. The propyl loss is quite characteristic of pyrovalerone type structures.

m/z 82, albeit at low abundance, could be assigned to the methylenepyrrolinium ion resulting from the loss of propene from m/z 124. The corresponding methylpyrrolidinium (m/z 84) of MDPV is more stable, and therefore more prominent in the spectrum of MDPV.

m/z 70 should be the pyrrolinium (dehydropyrrolidinium) ion.

I have a slight problem explaining m/z 65, but it's also present in the spectrum of MDPV according to at least one publication. I'm also not sure about m/z 187 and 204. The spectrum has apparently not been subtracted, so they could be due to background or interfering compounds.

Of course, the identification is far from complete, and my peak assignments may be off, but this is a not a PhD dissertation.

Based on the above interpretation, I believe that the mass spectrum is that of an unsaturated analogue of MDPV, or dehydro-MDPV if you will, in which the additional double bond is located in the pyrrolidine substructure (making it a pyrroline). Now, I'm not entirely convinced that this is the impurity actually present in the sample material - it may very well be an artefact resulting from the loss of water in the GC injector. If this is the case, its origin is most likely 2'-hydroxy-MDPV (1-(benzo[1,3]dioxol-5-yl)-2-( 2-hydroxypyrrolidin-1-yl)pentan-1-one). This particular substance also strikes me as a likely oxidation product and human metabolite of MDPV.

Could you perhaps shed any light on the abundance and retention time of the impurity relative to MDPV in the sample? Is the GC peak symmetrical and well defined? Water loss artefacts tend to display broad or tailing peaks.

As to whether this impurity might be implicated in the epic story of the tan MDPV, I really don't know. It seems unlikely if the abundance is relatively low, but as I have stated before, we should keep an open mind and there are some very interesting potential targets other than DA/NE/5-HT receptors.

Wow, good work! FnB where are you, you'd be interested!

Well, I would put money on the tan "mdpv" I have tried, bought 3 years ago almost, being from these early batches and thus probably the same stuff as what you had analysed. V. interesting! I don't know enough about chemistry to interpret the results at all though...

Solipsis did you notice the 'erotic' effects of the tan mdpv (perv powder, as some called it haha) when you tried it?