• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking Xanax 1-3 Times a Week

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Hi everyone so for the past year and a half or so I have been smoking week pretty much everyday straight with occasional t-breaks lasting a couple or few days which started to happen beginning in April.

For the past week I have completely stopped my weed and drug use and was experimenting more and more with Xanax for a good month prior to it, taking it about once to three times a week for about a month, mostly with other people but sometimes alone, only taking more than 2mg on two occasions which I don't really even like.

I have social anxiety, bipolar disorder, and possibly OCD and weed used to help with it but now I realize it is only making it worse, so I am trying to completely cease my use of it. I used to smoke weed all the time even when I was alone. I am starting to think weed is much more worse for you than science says for some reason, but maybe this is just in my case, it seems my life is starting to get better and more clearer ever since I started taking those t-breaks, and this week has been one of the most clarity I've had in a while.

However, all my friends enjoy toking and I used to toke daily with them. Due to Summer we haven't been hanging out daily and I've been trying to relax because I know if I'm with them I will probably start toking as I don't want to be the only one not high as it's a bit awkward.

My plan is to only do drugs now when I'm with others who are also participating. I plan on never doing weed again, or rarely if anything. I realize alcohol is way worse for you than Xanax and I have thought to myself what would the difference be if I drank once to three times a week (which I used to do before I started smoking, and the aftermath of Xanax is WAY BETTER than the aftermath of alcohol) to if I took Xanax once to three times a week for social recreational purposes. My plan is to start only taking one 2mg Xanax (obviously not mixed with anything else) when I'm with them and to only hang out one to three times a week while we're doing drugs.

Due to social norms which are fucking retarded in my opinion, people see doing one Xanax bar as way worse as getting drunk, and I know I can handle my Xanax intake the same as I did with alcohol, I see weed more addicting honestly. This is also better for me financially as it would only cost me about $5-$15 a week instead of $40-80. I am very intelligent, which is what all my peers, teachers, and practically everyone I know says, they just think I do not work the hardest I can, and I think weed might be the problem too as this was never the case while I was drinking...

tl;dr: used to think weed was good, now i realize it's bad. taking one 2mg bar once to three times a week safe? safer than drinking the same amount of time? would i get addicted physically? thanks.

It looks like you've just tried to convince yourself that taking xanax 1-3 times a week would be better than alcohol :) I can't say which you'd have more trouble dealing with in terms of addiction potential, but personally I could handle the alcohol better, as long as I kept consumption relatively sensible, and stuck to long drinks/beers etc with low proof %.

I think the issue you may come up against with xanax is the tendency for 1-3 times/wk (which is reasonable if you must take something) to become 3-5 times, and for 2mg to slowly become 4mg, and for purely social use to become private use as well, and so on, and before you know it, you're physically addicted.

Popping a little pill is generally easier and more excusable to our brains than drinking pint after pint of beer, and thus it's generally easier for things to get out of control quickly.

It looks like you've just tried to convince yourself that taking xanax 1-3 times a week would be better than alcohol :) I can't say which you'd have more trouble dealing with in terms of addiction potential, but personally I could handle the alcohol better, as long as I kept consumption relatively sensible, and stuck to long drinks/beers etc with low proof %.

I think the issue you may come up against with xanax is the tendency for 1-3 times/wk (which is reasonable if you must take something) to become 3-5 times, and for 2mg to slowly become 4mg, and for purely social use to become private use as well, and so on, and before you know it, you're physically addicted.

Popping a little pill is generally easier and more excusable to our brains than drinking pint after pint of beer, and thus it's generally easier for things to get out of control quickly.

Not really trying to convince myself of anything, would this not be the case? The alcohol was never a problem at all for me but did not last that long, and I am not looking to start drinking again, well not at least a lot, only on very rare occasions.

So this is reasonable? Without noticing for about a month I was using Xanax 2-4 times weekly and never had any problems. I doubt it would turn into 3-5 times as I can limit myself with Xanax unlike weed where I used to want to smoke all the time. I doubt I would ever use more than 2mg at once because like I said I prefer to use 2mg rather than any more, and along with this I plan on taking tolerance breaks if necessary the same way I did with weed. To be honest, I think I may use alone once in a while as I had done it a few times when I was just using it.

Whilst you may think popping a little pill is generally easier and more excusable than drinking, the majority of other people think otherwise, but this is just due to social norms. Do you think if I would be able to limit myself on my 1-3 times a week that I would be fine? I have talked to others and they say this should be alright as long as I am not taking more than 2mg. Thanks for any other input you can give.

Sorry wasn't trying to antagonise you. I suppose what I'm trying to say is we can't reassure you that you won't become addicted. But if you really can keep your use down to 1-3 times per week, you should be ok. But take breaks occasionally to see how you feel.

Sorry wasn't trying to antagonise you. I suppose what I'm trying to say is we can't reassure you that you won't become addicted. But if you really can keep your use down to 1-3 times per week, you should be ok. But take breaks occasionally to see how you feel.

Oh haha I wasn't antagonized in any way if that's how I made you feel sorry lol. Thanks for your advice, I plan on starting this in a week or two and well definitely take these breaks for tolerance and just to be safe :)

If you have to ask if you will be able to limit yourself the answer is no, I don't think you'll be able to do it without getting dependant. It's your body you know what your doing with it. You know if you will get addicted/dependant or not much better than random people on the internet. Just think about this, why stick your hand in the fire when you know you'll get burned, why not just wave your hand through the fire and enjoy it? It's common sense mate.

Try to use it only as needed is my advice.
But I think you should be OK. Keep your dosage low and do not use daily. Benzo withdrawal is just horrible... oh it's bad man, really bad.. and it lasts a long time. It will make your social anxiety a lot worse!! So you are warned as I didn't have this information a while ago.

Also you might consider alternatives: GHB, beer, 3-meo-pcp microdoses are great benzo alternatives that won't induce any withdrawals if used wisely.

Xanax as all benzos are highly addictive and you should only use it for short term acute panic unless otherwise advised. Alcohol and Xanax are both however just as troublesome when used in excess. If you find yourself having worse anxiety without the Xanax, then you had before you know you are withdrawing at that point.

If you have to ask if you will be able to limit yourself the answer is no, I don't think you'll be able to do it without getting dependant. It's your body you know what your doing with it. You know if you will get addicted/dependant or not much better than random people on the internet. Just think about this, why stick your hand in the fire when you know you'll get burned, why not just wave your hand through the fire and enjoy it? It's common sense mate.

Noted, I was just asking generally, but I know my body well, thanks for the advice though.

Try to use it only as needed is my advice.
But I think you should be OK. Keep your dosage low and do not use daily. Benzo withdrawal is just horrible... oh it's bad man, really bad.. and it lasts a long time. It will make your social anxiety a lot worse!! So you are warned as I didn't have this information a while ago.

Also you might consider alternatives: GHB, beer, 3-meo-pcp microdoses are great benzo alternatives that won't induce any withdrawals if used wisely.

Yeah I know I'm fully aware of what comes with withdrawals and how it will make my anxiety worse if they come around. I would be interested in GHB but I don't have access to it at the moment and have never even tried it. However not so interested in alcohol all the time...

Xanax as all benzos are highly addictive and you should only use it for short term acute panic unless otherwise advised. Alcohol and Xanax are both however just as troublesome when used in excess. If you find yourself having worse anxiety without the Xanax, then you had before you know you are withdrawing at that point.

Fully aware, thank you.

I've never felt physically addicted to cocaine, probably because I never remember the night or how it made me feel. I think weed is much safer because Xanax is basically a date rape drug. You don't remember anything until you wake up the next morning.