• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking rasagyline as neutropic

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
Would there be any long term effects either positive or negative of taking rasagyline, about 2 mg per day. Would it improved my cognitive performance and memory, my short term memory is very poor and I become extremely tired often falling asleep when having to concentrate on a lecture even after about 10 minutes. I also find motivation is an issue and I am hoping this medication could correct this, that is by making me more driven to work hard, and less likely to give up. I once read rasagyline can Blunt emotions slightly, I think I could benefit from this as it may reduce distractions.
What do you think?
I like the sound of this drug as it is a dopaminergic that works over time to slowly increase dopamine levels, but unlike amphetamines it should not be neurotoxic but rather strongly neuroprotective. This is due to inhibition of MAOb an enzyme which when degrading dopamine can produce toxic free radicals and oxygen species such as hydrogen peroxide and superoxide.
I am 20 years old, and it may still be a long time yet before I get hold of this substance, so during this time I want to gather the opinions of blue light users, and though it is not medical advice no data is available on the safety of using rasagyline as a neutropic.

Hi neuro :) I asked Serotonin2A about the constant degradation of dopamine neurons in the non-Parkinsonian brain (it seems dopamine cells are constant degenerating in everybody and everyone will become Parkinsonian if they could live long enough) and he told me it could definitely be do to the metabolites of dopamine, and that MAOB inhibitors are protective in this regard. Now that being said (that MAOB inhibitors are neuroprotective) I think there is a pretty good chance they will induce addiction related neuro plasticity like DeltaFosB induction. So my primary concern would be not the acute effects but the long term effects. I definitely think its a better option than Ritalin and such for attention and motivation but beware of accumulating too much DeltaFosB long term.

Also it does seem to cause some people insomnia and that could vastly outweigh its neuroprotective effects. So if it does cause you insomnia I would take that as a really bad sign. Poor sleep can cause many of the issues you're currently experiencing as well.

Hi neuro :) I asked Serotonin2A about the constant degradation of dopamine neurons in the non-Parkinsonian brain (it seems dopamine cells are constant degenerating in everybody and everyone will become Parkinsonian if they could live long enough) and he told me it could definitely be do to the metabolites of dopamine, and that MAOB inhibitors are protective in this regard. Now that being said (that MAOB inhibitors are neuroprotective) I think there is a pretty good chance they will induce addiction related neuro plasticity like DeltaFosB induction. So my primary concern would be not the acute effects but the long term effects. I definitely think its a better option than Ritalin and such for attention and motivation but beware of accumulating too much DeltaFosB long term.

Also it does seem to cause some people insomnia and that could vastly outweigh its neuroprotective effects. So if it does cause you insomnia I would take that as a really bad sign. Poor sleep can cause many of the issues you're currently experiencing as well.

Do you have any personal experience with a mono amine oxidase inhibitor and if so what did it feel like. It would be interesting if you or someone you know has tried rasagyline.

I don't have any personal experience but have heard it does offer a mood boost. I think there was an MAOB inhibitor guide around here somewhere...

I don't have any personal experience but have heard it does offer a mood boost. I think there was an MAOB inhibitor guide around here somewhere...

I've noticed you have mentioned FOSB in several posts do you know what the function of this pro teen transcription factor is
I have started a new thread called purpose of FOSP to try and get some information are even opinions on what exactly it might do and what benefits it has