• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Taking naltrexone after kratom and avoiding precipitated withdrawal

I'm not sure if I've just done one day where I just took one dose of Kratom and then naltrexone the next day but I wouldn't see that as probably being a problem since you wouldn't be dependent.
So I've done some experimentation after posting. I have been able to take Naltrexone next day as well as same day as kratom with no ill effects. Seems a useful tool in preventing dependence and tolerance.

So I've done some experimentation after posting. I have been able to take Naltrexone next day as well as same day as kratom with no ill effects. Seems a useful tool in preventing dependence and tolerance.
Regardless, that's a bad idea.

I was told by a psychopharmacologist NEVER to take Naltrexone while you are in ANY kind of opioid WD.

So you won't have an issue if you aren't dependent on Kratom, but if you are, then changes are you will, and if you aren't getting precipitated WD but are dependent on kratom, then you are just freakingshly lucky due to god knows what.

But it's a basic rule that Naltrexone is to be avoided if you have any kind of opioid dependence.

I would expect naltrexone to cause PWD from kratom, seeing as how it will kick the kratom alkaloids out of the receptor suddenly. Buprenorphine, though, does not, in my experience, because bupe is a partial agonist just like kratom is, and in fact is stronger than kratom. So it kicks it out, but replaces it with something that fully substitutes. But naltrexone does not act as a partial agonist, only an antagonist. So it surprises me to hear that you were able to avoid PWD when taking it.

However, if you aren't dependent on kratom, then that explains it. You can only get PWD if you're dependent on an opiate. Otherwise, it will kick the opiate out of the receptor, but it doesn't matter, because you're not dependent, so you don't experience withdrawals when you aren't on it.

I would expect naltrexone to cause PWD from kratom, seeing as how it will kick the kratom alkaloids out of the receptor suddenly. Buprenorphine, though, does not, in my experience, because bupe is a partial agonist just like kratom is, and in fact is stronger than kratom. So it kicks it out, but replaces it with something that fully substitutes. But naltrexone does not act as a partial agonist, only an antagonist. So it surprises me to hear that you were able to avoid PWD when taking it.

However, if you aren't dependent on kratom, then that explains it. You can only get PWD if you're dependent on an opiate. Otherwise, it will kick the opiate out of the receptor, but it doesn't matter, because you're not dependent, so you don't experience withdrawals when you aren't on it.
Yeah exactly. I don't have any kratom dependence and won't as long as I keep taking Naltrexone regularly. Physical dependence takes time to develop and I'm breaking the potential build up of physical dependence with naltrexone every couple of days.

Yeah exactly. I don't have any kratom dependence and won't as long as I keep taking Naltrexone regularly. Physical dependence takes time to develop and I'm breaking the potential build up of physical dependence with naltrexone every couple of days.
Right, but the thing is, Naltrexone lasts in your system for 5 days and so it will greatly affect your kratom high and make you get MUCH less high.

I mean I don't even know how you could enjoy kratom at all if you've taken Naltrexone within the past few days because it will still be in your system and lessen your high, and kratom is already a mild high.

Maybe you haven't taken enough Naltrexone to build up in your system, but frankly, i can't really understand why you are using Naltrexone the way you are.

Me personally, I either get off my Naltrexone so I can enjoy the drugs I like which it blocks, which are kratom, phenibut and alcohol, by going a full 5 days without naltrexone.

Then, when I want to get back on the Naltrexone, I just make sure I am not dependent on kratom, and I hop back on.

So basically, i have periods where I am completely sober regarding GABA drugs and opioids while I'm on the Naltrexone, and when off it I can enjoy what I want.

But the frequency with which you seem to be going on and off Naltrexone and somehow enjoying kratom the same day or the next day? That's just quite odd to me. I mean, if Kratom still works for you then good for you, but that's just very strange because by all accounts you should have had to go at least a few days without Naltrexone before you can enjoy Kratom.

If kratom is still working for you and yet you are taking naltrexone within close proximity to your kratom, then all i can think is that somehow you haven't taken Naltrexone enough days in a row for it to build up enough to block the kratom. Either than or you have something very bizarre going on chemically, because you just shouldn't be able to get much of a high off kratom if you truly have a significant amount of Naltrexone in your system.

Right, but the thing is, Naltrexone lasts in your system for 5 days and so it will greatly affect your kratom high and make you get MUCH less high.

I mean I don't even know how you could enjoy kratom at all if you've taken Naltrexone within the past few days because it will still be in your system and lessen your high, and kratom is already a mild high.

Maybe you haven't taken enough Naltrexone to build up in your system, but frankly, i can't really understand why you are using Naltrexone the way you are.

Me personally, I either get off my Naltrexone so I can enjoy the drugs I like which it blocks, which are kratom, phenibut and alcohol, by going a full 5 days without naltrexone.

Then, when I want to get back on the Naltrexone, I just make sure I am not dependent on kratom, and I hop back on.

So basically, i have periods where I am completely sober regarding GABA drugs and opioids while I'm on the Naltrexone, and when off it I can enjoy what I want.

But the frequency with which you seem to be going on and off Naltrexone and somehow enjoying kratom the same day or the next day? That's just quite odd to me. I mean, if Kratom still works for you then good for you, but that's just very strange because by all accounts you should have had to go at least a few days without Naltrexone before you can enjoy Kratom.

If kratom is still working for you and yet you are taking naltrexone within close proximity to your kratom, then all i can think is that somehow you haven't taken Naltrexone enough days in a row for it to build up enough to block the kratom. Either than or you have something very bizarre going on chemically, because you just shouldn't be able to get much of a high off kratom if you truly have a significant amount of Naltrexone in your system.
So far I've found that if I take only a quarter pill like twice a week and wait 24 hours to take kratom I'm in good shape. I'll do that unless I want to drink, in which case I take the naltrexone as intended and just accept I can't do kratom for a couple days. So far this arrangement is beneficial to me as it a) moderates my kratom use and frequency b) moderates my alcohol as intended c) prevents kratom dependence. What you're doing also makes sense to me, more of an all or nothing deal.

So far I've found that if I take only a quarter pill like twice a week and wait 24 hours to take kratom I'm in good shape. I'll do that unless I want to drink, in which case I take the naltrexone as intended and just accept I can't do kratom for a couple days. So far this arrangement is beneficial to me as it a) moderates my kratom use and frequency b) moderates my alcohol as intended c) prevents kratom dependence. What you're doing also makes sense to me, more of an all or nothing deal.
Hmmm, well that is quite interesting. I had actually been thinking, but hadn't said, that maybe it would be possible if you took a much lower dose. And actually, you might not know that a lot is being done with low dose and ultra low dose naltrexone for all kinds of positive uses.

I've been trying to figure out how to get or make Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone for a while, and posters on here have given me advice but for some reason I've never actually tried it, but ULDN actually gets rid of opioid withdrawal almost completely, but you have to get the dosage just right.

On the other hand, you can't use it at that dose to block yourself from drinking or kratom, so that's the downside to it used that way.

I do really want to see if I can make it myself, but I just keep wondering how I'd truly test out if it was effective without running into problems. I suppose if you make a preparation and take it and then wait and take kratom an hour later and the kratom still works (and it should actually be stronger and be potentiated) then you know you have ULDN and not LDN. But you have to be careful cause LDN still can cause precipitated WD if you're dependent on kratom.

Seems like you don't drink AT ALL though and are trying to totally stop yourself from drinking with naltrexone?

Me, I'm trying not to for quite a while till i get off klonopin as my doctor is helping me to wean off, and using alcohol and other GABA drugs while doing that can interfere, but after I'm off the klonopin I'll just use naltrexone to stop myself from drinking at certain times, then go off it and drink when I feel like it. That's how I've always done it.

Hmmm, well that is quite interesting. I had actually been thinking, but hadn't said, that maybe it would be possible if you took a much lower dose. And actually, you might not know that a lot is being done with low dose and ultra low dose naltrexone for all kinds of positive uses.

I've been trying to figure out how to get or make Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone for a while, and posters on here have given me advice but for some reason I've never actually tried it, but ULDN actually gets rid of opioid withdrawal almost completely, but you have to get the dosage just right.

On the other hand, you can't use it at that dose to block yourself from drinking or kratom, so that's the downside to it used that way.

I do really want to see if I can make it myself, but I just keep wondering how I'd truly test out if it was effective without running into problems. I suppose if you make a preparation and take it and then wait and take kratom an hour later and the kratom still works (and it should actually be stronger and be potentiated) then you know you have ULDN and not LDN. But you have to be careful cause LDN still can cause precipitated WD if you're dependent on kratom.

Seems like you don't drink AT ALL though and are trying to totally stop yourself from drinking with naltrexone?

Me, I'm trying not to for quite a while till i get off klonopin as my doctor is helping me to wean off, and using alcohol and other GABA drugs while doing that can interfere, but after I'm off the klonopin I'll just use naltrexone to stop myself from drinking at certain times, then go off it and drink when I feel like it. That's how I've always done it.
So these days I'm actually going the LDN route. I take like 1-2 mg before bed and take kratom daily. When I do go out drinking, which is rare, I'll take 25mg of naltrexone and be unable to feel kratom for 2-3 days. This has not precipitated withdrawal thusfar, which leads me to believe the LDN is doing its job. Having noticed any enhanced effects from kratom (maybe dose of Nal is too high) but also no tolerance seemingly. Pretty good system. I just mix 50ml distilled water with 25mg naltrexone pill in a brown tinted glass jar, then use a liquid syringe to administer. 2ml == 1mg Nal. I'd do 50mg instead of 25 but I don't use it fast enough and end up wasting it.

I took a standard dose naltrexone and ended up in the ER with precipitated WD. To be fair I only went to the ER because I had no clue what was happening. I did not have the pharmacology knowledge I do now. Anyway, I had taken kratom that day and every day prior for for months (5g x3 daily). An opioid blocker will def put a chronic kratom user in WD. Kratom is an opioid agonist, partial or not, its still an agonist. To answer your question, ya it was a living hell. I have withdrawn from morphine and h and it was comparable. no shit. SInce this experience I have cold turkey quit kratom and the WD was NOTHING like that but that immediate block with naltrexone wasn't pretty

I took a standard dose naltrexone and ended up in the ER with precipitated WD. To be fair I only went to the ER because I had no clue what was happening. I did not have the pharmacology knowledge I do now. Anyway, I had taken kratom that day and every day prior for for months (5g x3 daily). An opioid blocker will def put a chronic kratom user in WD. Kratom is an opioid agonist, partial or not, its still an agonist. To answer your question, ya it was a living hell. I have withdrawn from morphine and h and it was comparable. no shit. SInce this experience I have cold turkey quit kratom and the WD was NOTHING like that but that immediate block with naltrexone wasn't pretty
Yeah I had the same thing happen the first time I took Nal. Pure hell

You need to know that the information of naloxone and naltrexone being opioid antagonists isn't the whole truth. In people with tolerance, and this very probably includes tachyphylaxis, they become inverse agonists which induce a far more brutal than a plain opioid antagonist. I think this is overall poorly researched because of the stigma opioids carry or whatever war on drugs reason fits best. But it's common pharmaceutical knowledge that not just opioids but even some other drug classes like dissociatives react to naloxone.

I got a strong reaction from taking a tiny dose of naloxone when the only other active chemical I had in my system was memantine which possibly causes an indirect endorphine reaction but for sure isn't even an opioid. This experience let me run from any so called opioid antagonists, specially naltrexone with its long half life. To be sure you would have to tirate up from ultra low naltrexone dosages in the microgram range.

Anyone who denies kratom is an opioid is simply ignorant, or living in a fantasy world. mitragynine and 7-HO-mitragynine are mu opioid agonists. That is not up for debate. I find that a lot of kratom-focused online communities seem to want to insist that kratom is a safe, benign miracle herb that is a cure for opiate addiction and is harmlesss. And i mean, if you manage to use kratom to get off of a lifestyle of slamming heroin/fentanyl, then awesome, that's a win. But don't cover your ears and scream LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU when someone tries to say you're switching one addiction for another. A better, more manageable, safer addiction? Sure? But an addiction nonetheless. Just be real.

Anyone who denies kratom is an opioid is simply ignorant, or living in a fantasy world. mitragynine and 7-HO-mitragynine are mu opioid agonists. That is not up for debate. I find that a lot of kratom-focused online communities seem to want to insist that kratom is a safe, benign miracle herb that is a cure for opiate addiction and is harmlesss. And i mean, if you manage to use kratom to get off of a lifestyle of slamming heroin/fentanyl, then awesome, that's a win. But don't cover your ears and scream LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU when someone tries to say you're switching one addiction for another. A better, more manageable, safer addiction? Sure? But an addiction nonetheless. Just be real.
I find the folks denying that kratom is an opioid do not have any pharmacology or neurochemistry knowledge. They undoubtedly will say this every time: “it just hits the opiate receptors” showing that they don’t know much at all. For one we don’t have opiate receptors we have opioid receptors. Those folks aren’t really even knowledgeable in what a receptor is. But ignorance is bliss when trying to defend and justify abusing a psychoactive compound

I find the folks denying that kratom is an opioid do not have any pharmacology or neurochemistry knowledge.
It's kind of the opposite end of people saying opioids were satanic and evil and denying their legitimate use (for pain). Or those telling anything from plant origin was safe but stuff touched/manufactured by man the evil (like my gf does a bit, sigh).

It's kind of the opposite end of people saying opioids were satanic and evil and denying their legitimate use (for pain). Or those telling anything from plant origin was safe but stuff touched/manufactured by man the evil (like my gf does a bit, sigh).
Yes. In my fb Kratom group yesterday I had a guy denying Kratom as an opioid because “it doesn’t hit opiate receptors, its alkaloid receptors”. From this we can be sure he doesn’t know what a receptor is. Most the folks in that community don’t buy they sure like to say it

You need to know that the information of naloxone and naltrexone being opioid antagonists isn't the whole truth. In people with tolerance, and this very probably includes tachyphylaxis, they become inverse agonists which induce a far more brutal than a plain opioid antagonist. I think this is overall poorly researched because of the stigma opioids carry or whatever war on drugs reason fits best. But it's common pharmaceutical knowledge that not just opioids but even some other drug classes like dissociatives react to naloxone.

I got a strong reaction from taking a tiny dose of naloxone when the only other active chemical I had in my system was memantine which possibly causes an indirect endorphine reaction but for sure isn't even an opioid. This experience let me run from any so called opioid antagonists, specially naltrexone with its long half life. To be sure you would have to tirate up from ultra low naltrexone dosages in the microgram range.
I don't fully understand what you are saying here, but all I know is that FOR ME, if I stop Naltrexone for 5 full days (and actually I've done only 3) then Kratom works fine, and I am just fine to get back on naltrexone if i go about 5 days without Kratom first, but otherwise, if kratom is still in the system it can most definitely cause precipitated WD.

Just to be clear though, you know that you if you space the 2 drugs out enough so they aren't in your system at the same time that you can safely take kratom and naltrexone separately right?

You just need to really have the kratom COMPLETELY out of your system before you go back to Naltrexone. I have done it several times and been fine.

While I very much understand the mechanism of actions you are referring to, your point here is hard to understand? Naltrexone/naloxone absolutely causes precipitated WD in kratom and opioid users.

What do you mean by "strong reaction"?

I don't fully understand what you are saying here, but all I know is that FOR ME, if I stop Naltrexone for 5 full days (and actually I've done only 3) then Kratom works fine, and I am just fine to get back on naltrexone if i go about 5 days without Kratom first, but otherwise, if kratom is still in the system it can most definitely cause precipitated WD.

Just to be clear though, you know that you if you space the 2 drugs out enough so they aren't in your system at the same time that you can safely take kratom and naltrexone separately right?

You just need to really have the kratom COMPLETELY out of your system before you go back to Naltrexone. I have done it several times and been fine.
You (at least in my experience) don't need it to be completely out of your system, you just have to not be physically dependent. I have taken kratom for 5 days in a row, then Nal on the 5th day, and been fine. Disclaimer: I do not take large amounts of kratom, maybe 5gpd max. The first take I took Nal I had been taking kratom daily for a year and immediately entered the 7th circle of hell so there's no question that it prrcipiates withdrawal if you're dependent.

What do you mean by "strong reaction"?
It's been a couple of years so I don't remember every detail but it was a very cold, depressive lonely feeling and I cried for no real reason, just cause it felt so utterly alone. No physical reactiosn like diarrhea as I wasn't dependent on opioids but the mental effects were very distinct. I think I had a restless feeling like during the withdrawal of opioids, but the rest was quite different. I really don't know what was happening but the substance was right out of a blister, so I think it was indeed naloxone (w/tilidine) and the short duration also fits.

I do think that there will be changes to the mu receptor expression even before one gets physically addicted, and that naloxone/naltrexone will cause symptoms in people who did just take a few doses of opioids without exhibiting any symptoms of dependency yet. I remember reading a paper where they found that nalox/trexone only behaved as silent antagonists in opioid-naive people but turned into inverse agonists if any opioid tolerance (not dependence) is present.

At least I personally wouldn't take a naltrexone pill when I took any opioid including kratom during the last week or so, but of course I might be overly cautious here. It's weird how naltrexone implants are used in rapid detoxification and people don't seem to report such agony as I would expect it to be. But of course the naltrexone is initiated during general anesthesia in this procedure.

But I'm interested in ultra-low dose naltrexone and would like to give that a try if I could get my hands on a naltrexone pill. It's prescription only here probably due to the structural similarity to opiates.

Yeah, memantine works to kick opioids. I used it to get off morphine and the process was easier than expected.