• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking LSD

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
this weekend I'm going to be taking a drug I've been told is acid. I'm concerned it could be another drug absorbed into the tab, it's not very big, like 2mm x 2mm. Now before this gets closed I'm not asking people to help me ID this, I know none of you can say for sure what it is.

All I'm wondering is if there's anyway to test for lsd on a paper tab and if not what other psychedelics can be put on a tab? Also do any of the speculated drugs have a serious reaction with Xanax? I don't plan on using Xanax but if the trip gets too intense I might try to abort it or tone it down with Xanax.

All I know is I took one tab of fake acid woke up in ICU with a tube in my stomach, a tube up my genitals, assisted ventilation, and had to learn to walk again. I took it and instantly had seizures over and over before anything happened. I didn't have time to take xanax. I put it in my mouth and was unresponsive before I walked to my couch

Ehrlich test will rule out most of the more dangerous RC adulterants, but you can't know for sure without some sort of spectroscopy.

Xanax would be very good to take if things go south. If you went to the ER on a stim overdose or bad trip, they would give you a fast acting benzo.

I can't say what drug this is, nor can anyone that hasn't seen it. That's why ID threads are closed on here. However, I would strongly recommend a testing kit. It is easy to get them, and I'd recommend reading more about chemical testing kits for drugs on the internet and going from there. Yes, it is possible to test blotters using chemical testing kits, and many friends of mine often do this with any LSD they get. This ensures that it's not a research chemical, and there are many out there that you definitely don't want to be taking (NBOMEs, etc.). If you do choose to take it without a testing kit, though I recommend you use one, if it tastes bitter it is likely to be an RC rather than LSD and spitting out the tab would be the safer course of action than risking it. Although, there is far better assurance and safety of use when you use a testing kit to ensure the LSD actually is LSD.

Last edited:
I couldn't taste anything id get a testing kit. It's cheaper then the tens of thousands of dollars when I almost died from fake acid.

Thanks for the info guys. I know it won't kill me because some friends took it and had a good trip but I'll definitely keep the Xanax on standby. what is the ehrlich test?

Actually I saw my friends take it. Multiple times even more then one all from same batch. That's why I thought I was safe I had Xanax too but it was so strong it didn't matter

various said:

Fairly large-scale operations (the people you'd expect) have been putting trace amounts of indolamines onto blotters containing bomamines, this is not a new phenomenon but people don't know about it nearly enough. Ehrlich alone will not do the trick. It becomes a multi step thing. You want to use Ehrlich to confirm ergoloid and then use other reagents to rule out other things, i.e., bomamines, most prominently. Marquis and Mecke's, IIRC. But really, if you want to go down this drug-testing path, you need to get the whole set. Better to go down the trusting-your-source (and therefore implicitly, your { source's-source ... N } path, but unfortunately not everyone can. Unfortunately with the breakdown of a more vertically integrated distribution system a lot of idiots and ripoff artists have been "downloading" the bogus stuff. They may or may not even know it. So really in all cases I think the #1 thing is to know your people; testing should be secondary to that, but if there's doubt, Ehrlich is not enough alone.

Well I finally found the time to take that tab and holy shit it was wicked haha. My first real psychedelic experience! Everything was breathing at me, distance scales we're expanding and contracting, everything was shifting from darker to brighter colors like a funky camera filter, but all the time I was sweating profusely. I also could not get to sleep until like 6-7am which wasn't that bad really, I smoked some bud and threw on buckethead all night/morning which was incredible, I forgot how emotional his songs can be.

Idk if it was just my room temperature plus the edginess of tripping or if the psychedelic i took was one of the more physically stimulating drugs that can be layed on tabs. I regret taking the .25mg of Xanax about 3-4 hours in since it kind of killed the trippiness but at the same time I feel like my body was really stressing from the physical stimulation.

I took the tab at 920pm, at that point I set my phone timer for 2 hours and start watching a skepticism documentary by James Randy. There were people performing strange psychic rituals and I found them getting funnier and funnier, now 1020pm. I finish the documentary after almost bursting into laughter several times and when I look away from my phone things seemed stranger. (1040pm)

I immediately hop off my bed to grab a water bottle in the basement, I was not prepared for that trip downstairs. When I got up I lunged myself into the hallway and made it to the stairs on pure momentum. Traversing the stairs made my stomach feel like a yoga ball and my legs, arms, torso, and head feel like attached springs. (11pm)

I don't feel like typing out the rest right now, maybe later. thank you for reading this far if you have haha.

LSD can do everything you've said there; although the diaphoresis is a bit unusual. OTOH other things, too, would be more likely to be stimulating and diaphoretic, but LSD can be plenty stimulating, and being unable to sleep until the following morning is fairly typical. So we cannot say what you could (nor do we as policy), but glad you had a good time; also glad you opted for one tab as that seemed appropriate. Cheers on all that, then :)

Yeah it's obviously hard to identify what it was exactly through just my experience, but I'd definitely like to do it again. This time I'll buy a test kit and try to test it the best I can, I didn't plan to trip last night but it seemed like the best time so I went for it even though I wasn't sure about the substance.

I felt like taking it at night and staying inside really sold it short on the full potential of the experience. I can only imagine what sitting on my pool deck watching the sunrise over my pond with the backdrop of the woods would have looked like!

Further research leads me to believe I probably got DOx not LSD. I'll have more conclusive results when I test the next tabs I get.

So as to give a bit of context, for onewho's been around the market through most of the years that are described herein, at varying levels from wide-eyed naïf to serious operator—

EHRLICH IS NOT ENOUGH.

My post turned into an essay, so I've moved it here: EHRLICH IS NOT ENOUGH, it's own thread in PD.

(I'd also say something to the poster that I missed originally: 2x2cm is nonstandard; 2.5cm is standard. this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but people that don't keep to tradition should be treated with a higher index of suspicion. Fancy botter art, also, in a way, should keep one on one's toes; good acid certainly does circulate as such, but it is easy and cheap to get fancy blotter art in blank pages. Good acid on fancy blotter is typically good acid and sometimes made for special occasions, etc. or for special advertising or messaging purposes in the underworld. IT IS, however, easy to fake. Much easier than pill presses or even heroin stamps, although the intention is the same.)

Last edited:
The quick and easy qualitative test I use is whether or not there's fluorescence under both short wave and long wave UV light. LSD glows blue under either wavelength; NBOMes do not. It's nondestructive and is not as easily fooled as Ehrlich, I don't think many tryptamines/indoles are fluorescent the same way.

TLC plates would be of great use here too; as they provide a means of direct seperation of the various compounds, it'd be easy to differentiate LSD from other indoles and NBOMes based upon retention factor, using the Ehrlich as a stain after UV illumination.

For definitive proof (like a criminal case), GC/MS testing can be used, even with underivatized samples, to verify the presence of LSD and absence of NBOMe compounds. (Most blotters I've seen are actually, suprisingly, LSD-only. I don't do the darknet though.)

I'm not sure whether or not it has been conclusively proven that NBOMes have effects when taken orally; that's another test to use - eat a half a tab and see if there is any effect within ~2 hours. NBOMe shouldn't produce any effects, LSD will.

Last edited:
A lot of blotter paper also flouresces, in and of itself, or appears to, to the untrained eye which does not know exactly what they're looking at, particularly in the case of whiter paper. This is not a good presumptive test for the general public, either.

I would STRONGLY AGREE however, that blotters should be taken sublingually, rather than orally, as LSD certainly is active when administered as such, but not necessarily other drugs. Not necessarily. As yet the science is not certain on all the drugs in question.

A lot of blotter paper also flouresces, in and of itself, or appears to, to the untrained eye which does not know exactly what they're looking at, particularly in the case of whiter paper.

Not like LSD does. LSD is unmistakeably bright blue. The whiteners/paper will merely reflect some of the longer wavelength light from the UV lamp and may appear slightly blue, but it will not actively glow.

If in doubt, you can extract the blotter with methyl alcohol and drip it on a watch glass or the like.

that I'd agree with, the latter part, especially; LSD crystal itself of course is another matter, and beautiful, and the piezoluminescence is a real fucking thing and something to behold (although every time you do it you're degrading your product so it's something you really ought to see only but so many times in a lifetime ;))

but I'd disagree with promulgating the blacklight/UV test to the layman, they are quite prone to mistaking the sort of reflection that comes just from the cotton (or whatever) of high quality blotter paper from actual chemical luminescence, unless we were to provide them with a visual guide or something, I don't have any acid though, nor will I likely soon or perhaps ever again, nor would I be sure how to photograph it

I can get ahold of a UV light so I can test the next tab I get with that. So if the paper presents a problem can I dissolve in a small amount of isopropyl alcohol? will only ethyl alcohol work?

(I'd also say something to the poster that I missed originally: 2x2cm is nonstandard; 2.5cm is standard.

2.5 cm..that's an inch. Most blotters are about 6,7 mm square.

Last edited by a moderator: