View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking LSD while drunk

Oddball_paul

Greenlighter
So last weekend I had a very weird experience with LSD. It was my 4th time taking it while drunk and the acid always cancelled out the alcohol for me until this last time. I was nearly blacked out drunk when my roomate squirted 300ug of liquid L into my tongue. I'm not very sure what happened next, but about six hours after dosing i found myself walking up to my house butt ass naked. It was after those six hours when i finally realized i was even tripping on acid, and i realized that i have been walking around my neighborhood butt ass naked for a good 4-6 hours.

Has anyone else experienced this combo with a strange outcome like this?

I cant say i've experiences this, but i can say alchohol and lsd are a killer combo.

The booz really makes just about anything hard to comprehend, motor skills detroyed and memory futile.
The combo can work and go well but only at lower doses of both from my experience :)

I pretty much refuse to drink if i'm on lsd

0. You're rather fortunate not to have been arrested, involuntarily held, or tazed, aren't you?
1. Commercial claims to the contrary aside, you have not the slightest idea how many µg it was. It is almost doubtless much less. Claiming to know your dose immediately marks you as being not very knowledgeable about LSD or how it is distributed, unless you are very knowledgeable such as you might want not to speak of it publicly. So don't. It only makes people roll their eyes.
2. "Cancelling out" alcohol is a commonly reported effect; but is illusory, you are still drunk. You can easily as you see black out. Even experienced users of both can.
3. While not dangerous in and of itself, the combination can lead to emotional liability and unpredictable behavior, and, although or even because anxiety is often lessened, possibly dangerous situations.
4. Some find it an enjoyable combination, others a terrible one.
5. Alcoholics in the strict sense should never attempt to trip without a maintenance BAC, but should not go overboard for fear of behavioral toxicity.

I took a couple tabs I had saved in my fridge when I was near blackout one time. For some reason I thought it was a good idea at the time. Guess I wanted the party to keep going. I ended up passing out almost immediately after and waking up several hours later. I had an absolutely killer hangover and was feeling incredibly strange, like I was floating and my vision was all messed up.

It ended up taking me a couple hours to remember that I had taken the tabs. Until that point I had just been thinking my hangover was THAT bad that it had fucked my brain up. It was a pretty funny realization to have.

I guess I as lucky I passed out rather than get into some mischief. Needless to say though it was a waste of good acid. I really have no interest in taking LSD when hammered now (its also a much rarer occurrence for me to get that drunk).

These days, I might have a few beers while tripping or might head out to party on the comedown, but I don't like going full on with both at the same time. Just seems to be a waste.

0. You're rather fortunate not to have been arrested, involuntarily held, or tazed, aren't you?
1. Commercial claims to the contrary aside, you have not the slightest idea how many µg it was. It is almost doubtless much less. Claiming to know your dose immediately marks you as being not very knowledgeable about LSD or how it is distributed, unless you are very knowledgeable such as you might want not to speak of it publicly. So don't. It only makes people roll their eyes.
2. "Cancelling out" alcohol is a commonly reported effect; but is illusory, you are still drunk. You can easily as you see black out. Even experienced users of both can.
3. While not dangerous in and of itself, the combination can lead to emotional liability and unpredictable behavior, and, although or even because anxiety is often lessened, possibly dangerous situations.
5. Alcoholics in the strict sense should never attempt to trip without a maintenance BAC, but should not go overboard for fear of behavioral toxicity.

The acid is liquid form. I know its not 100% pure but I just say 300 because that's how much liquid it was. What is LSD usually diluted with?

oh and yes, I am very fortunate not to have been arrested or even shot.

Well getting "but ass naked" is alcohols fault, while roaming around "but ass naked" is lsd's fault.
There's your combo.

I recently passed out naked and horrifically drunk in a friends bathroom.
Previous times drinking before that incident, I would even be too self-conscious to take off as much as a t-shirt.

So, if i was betting on what caused you to get but-ass naked, i'd put the most chips on alcohol ALONE. The combo just helped you to prance around naked instead of passing out immediately.

The acid is liquid form. I know its not 100% pure but I just say 300 because that's how much liquid it was. What is LSD usually diluted with?

Various things have been used to dissolve LSD for sale as vials. The best is distilled deionized water (DDH2O) or a stable alcoholic solution (high proof EtOH being at risk for dissolving, which is why grain neutral spirits (traditionally, Evercreech, and buying Everclear where it is legal and keeping it for this use is a traditional stop in such states whilst on tour.)

Regardless many presume that 1 hit = 100mcg, and this is how it is "supposed" to be done. Either by way of degradation or underdosing to get a dozen packs out of a gram instead of ten or something long those lines, often both, is nearly universal with commercial LSD. I've given to others and taken myself objectively quantifiable (LC/MS for purity → highly accurate scale → liquid diution → pipette dosing) so I can tell you 300 µg is a lot, and a lot more than people think or which comes in pretty much every commercial vial or sheet.

when i would trip and drink i would barely ever feel the wild effects of alcohol, i would just blurt out shit slightly dumber than usual and not have as good balance

I usually take some beers with my psychedelics as that helps with the anxiety, and I take beer every day so is a common thing, but I have had bad times on the bast with hard liquors and LSD, lot of amnesia and unpredictable behaviour. Do yourself a favour and take water next time you are going to trip.