Taking LSD for first time changed me forever?

F

Firsttimetripping

So on Monday I took LSD for the first time. I am 20 years old and i only took one tab. I left it on my tounge for 30 minutes then swallowed it. I took it around 3 in the afternoon. I was with my 3 friends but I was the only one that took it. At first I was loving it. I first started tripping and hour and a half to 2 hours in while my friend was driving us around and I would look up at the sky and everything started moving. I remember loving it and was blown away with wat I was experiencing. Later that day we went into the woods to walk around. We sat on the bench and smoked some weed I would look out into the woods and let the trip take me, focused into one spot and watch everything around me change. I was amazed. After about an hour of looking at crazy LSD images on my phone and looking at the trees we finished ur second blunt and my mind took a turn for the worst. Out of no where I went from happy to an extreme panic. My body heated up like crazy and i started sweating really bad. I got up and started to walk but for the whole night I was getting really bad thoughts and paranoid about being changed forever because of LSD. Later that night I smoked more weed hoping it would calm me down but my mind kept wondering to the annoying idea that I would be stuck in a LSD trip forver. When I got home is when I really started freaking out. I couldnt sleep and watching TV or reading stuff on my phone didn't make sence. I couldn't even listen to music because it didn't Sound right. I started crying because i was afraid and kept getting on and off Xbox witch was also extremely difficult to play. I wasn't able to focus on the game and just felt lost. It was 4 in the morning and I was about to wake up my parents and tell them I took LSD so I can go to the doctor and get help. I called all my friends so I can just talk to someone so it would distract me from my negative thoughts. After calling each of my friends with no answer my one friend finally picked up and I told him him what was going on and helped calm me down a little but I was still having negative thoughts and was still scared. The morning finally came and I realized how fast the whole night went by. At work I was completely not myself. Kept getting distracted and couldn't really talk to anyone so I had to leave early saying I wasn't feeling good. For the entire day after that I was still feeling confused and "lost" and my brain felt heavy and I was just very uncomfortable. Still having bad thoughts about being stuck on a trip. I was looking up alot of stuff online about my experience and wasn't liking what I was reading. I then saw this one kid who commented on another bluelight thread and said something along the lines of "suck it up man you have to stay strong and positive it's impossible to fuck you up forever you just need to stay positive" and that kind of snapped me out of it. I thenever hurried to leave my house because I felt trapped and I went to hang out with my friends I just kept talking and kept distracting my mind from the dark thoughts and emptiness I was feeling. I started to feel alot better, like I was normal again. later that night I smoked some weed and got really tired. My thoughts were on track and I was very positive and happy for a change. I was liking how I was feeling alot and it was very reassuring. After we were done smoking I went home and watched TV everything was making sense again and I closed my eyes and slept the whole night. The next morning I woke up feeling completely normalost only thing that was different was that I was very happy and had a very positive outlook on life. The mental battle I had gone through I feel like changed my perespective on life for ever but in a good way. Now is a good time to tell you before I took lsd I was never social and was never really good at talking to people I also think I had slight depression and social anxiety or anxiety in general. I was never professionalally diagnosed but I think my symptoms were pretty obvious to me. So for the entire day I was feeling very different but in a good way I was talking to people alot better. I finally felt normal but just slightly changed for the better. I was working completely fine and was able to function and do everything I was doing before but just had a more positive outlook on life. I was honestly loving it i felt like a new person untill later that night I smoke weed again with my friends and my negative thoughts started coming back. I think the weed got me paranoid and brought out some anxiety and I started having those lost thoughts again. I went home and tried going to sleep but I couldn't, my mind kept wandering to places I didn't want it to go. I was having the same thoughts as the first night I took the tab but just not as intense and horrifying. I keep telling myself that I'm okay and I just need sleep because my brain is exhausted but I can't sleep. I keep having bad thoughts of being changed forever. So that's why im here today at 4 in the morning. I can't sleep and need some advice. The only thing Im confused about is that I was loving how I felt the day I woke up after a good night sleep. The positive outlook I had on life was amazing and I was able to function 100% fine but now everything changed again. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I know taking LSD with mental disabilities is bad but I never got professionally diagnosed I always just suspected I had anxiety and depression so it think that's what's causing all of this. I read alot of stuff online with this happening to people before. I feel like I may be suffering from hppd. I just would like some professional advice on what's actually going on with me. And if anyone has any advice on how I can sleep because like I said I was feeling great after a good night sleep last night. Why did these thoughts come back and how can I get them to go away again and go back to having the positive and happy thoughts on life I was feeling this morning

Sorry you had such a negative experience and still aren't quite yourself. I can relate, I did acid twice, the first time I hated it, the second time was an accident as some sugar cubes were doses with liquid and I didn't know that and was told after I ate seven of them. Worst night of my life. It took a couple of weeks to get back to normal but I did.

I strongly recommend you stop all drugs until you get back to baseline, though continue to take your prescriptions as directed by your doctor. Good luck - I hope you start feeling better soon!

the second time was an accident as some sugar cubes were doses with liquid and I didn't know that and was told after I ate seven of them. Worst night of my life. It took a couple of weeks to get back to normal but I did.

Dear me! I can only imagine what being accidentally slapped round the chops by 7 cubes of acid was like. I presume you were just after a nice sweet cup of coffee or something?

Firsttimetripping - It does sound like you had a hellish bad trip. I know how it feels to feel like hallucinogens have irreversibly changed you. I had a pretty major case of HPPD, my world was all swirly psychedelic for a good 12-18 months. Rest assured that it all goes away with time. My advice to people in this predicament is to try not to think of it, and get on with life as best you can. I was very lucky in that whilst distracting, the perpetual post-lsd trippiness didn't really bother me. I could quite understand how for some people it would evoke massive anxiety / depression, particularly if it was, like you, after their first time.

As mentioned, staying away from the weed will help the lingering trippiness, and will reduce your paranoia and anxiety no end. Along with staying as sober as possible, I would also recommend staying away from reading the Internet horror stories. I've been there too, obsessively reading other tales that correlate with my own. It only ever seemed to make me feel worse, not better, constantly reinforcing the negatives.

You'll be fine in time, needless to say if I were you I'd steer clear of the psyches from now on. :)

Last edited:
Sorry you had such a negative experience and still aren't quite yourself. I can relate, I did acid twice, the first time I hated it, the second time was an accident as some sugar cubes were doses with liquid and I didn't know that and was told after I ate seven of them. Worst night of my life. It took a couple of weeks to get back to normal but I did.

I strongly recommend you stop all drugs until you get back to baseline, though continue to take your prescriptions as directed by your doctor. Good luck - I hope you start feeling better soon!

I hope karma got that person. Awful thing to do. I lost a friend in high school because soneone dropped acid in his beer and he got hit by a semi 4 wheeling on a freeway. I'm glad nothing more serious happened Moreaux:)

Weed can cause anexity and paranoia in some so I'd stay away. I'm not used to acid but hopefully the bad effects go away. I'd suggest seeing a doctor sometime soon to be evaluated for possible an anexity disorder
All the best:)

Lol - thx for the support guys. Actually, the cubes were in a bowl on the coffee table at my dealer's apartment. I used to eat sugar cubes when I didn't have candy around. My dealer used to smoke a lot of weed so I figured he just had the munchies or something. He stopped me as soon as he saw me, and was very concerned for my well being. He lived a few doors down from me and told me to come over if I had a rough time. It was a tough time, everything was a rainbow fractal so I had no sense of reality. I sat all night on my apartment floor in the dark so I wouldn't hurt myself. I lived on the third floor and didn't want to fall off the balcony accidentally. I felt like crap and it seemed to last for an eternity. I was so paranoid I would be permenantly brain damaged. Haven't had a sugar cube since lol.

Haha! I guess your teeth will have thanked you for knocking that habit on the head. I used to like eating sugar cubes too, and not the multicoloured kind. When I was a kid I used to dip lemons in sugar too. Delicious!

Weed and acid doesn't mix much.. if you really want a visual trip take a hit or two then put a dab in your eyes.. peaked for 2 days bro absolutely insane yet shouldn't actually do that cause it's bad time.. just saying

Never tried lsd, know little about it but know one thing. NOTHING LASTS FOR EVER so chill...
(sorry I couldn't)

Something similar happened to me. Based on the symptoms you are reporting I'm going to say pretty confidently that all you are experiencing is some anxiety stemming from your bad experience. It does not sound like you have HPPD or have developed any kind of mental illness, so id relax. It seems like everything is fine bud:)

As for an explanation as to why you're having anxiety, the weed is likely the thing triggering it. It is a mild psychedelic after all, and when you get stoned its probably putting you in a headspace too similar to the one you had during your bad trip, and thereby bringing on the same anxieties/negative thoughts you experienced on the LSD.

Just lay off the drugs (including weed!) for a good while, and you should be fine. Don't end up like me. I had a very similar experience, but i continued smoking weed for months after basically out of habit. I had smoked and enjoyed weed for so long at that point, that I literally couldn't believe that it could have any negative effects on my mental state, and I was convinced that it had to be something else triggering the anxiety. After months of horrible panic attacks and severe generalized anxiety I finally realized that the weed was the cause, and stopped smoking. Everything started to return to normal after that, but I was left with a pretty bad anxiety disorder and regular panic attacks for years after due to the self induced weed-panic that I had put myself through for months. I feel pretty good now but I still have some bad anxiety at times from the experience, although it is nothing compared to how it used to be. Just lay off the weed though and you should be able to avoid everything that I just mentioned.

Unfortunately weed may be kind of spoiled for you now. I know a lot of people that can't smoke weed anymore without having panic attacks after having a bad trip on psychedelics. Or maybe you will eventually be able to enjoy it again. Only time will tell. But for now, it is in the best interest of your mental health & wellbeing for you to stay away from weed and other drugs for at least a few months. After a good break, try smoking again and see how it goes.

But for now, work on staying sober. Trust me. Your brain will thank you.

Something similar happened to me. Based on the symptoms you are reporting I'm going to say pretty confidently that all you are experiencing is some anxiety stemming from your bad experience. It does not sound like you have HPPD or have developed any kind of mental illness, so id relax. It seems like everything is fine bud:)

As for an explanation as to why you're having anxiety, the weed is likely the thing triggering it. It is a mild psychedelic after all, and when you get stoned its probably putting you in a headspace too similar to the one you had during your bad trip, and thereby bringing on the same anxieties/negative thoughts you experienced on the LSD.

Just lay off the drugs (including weed!) for a good while, and you should be fine. Don't end up like me. I had a very similar experience, but i continued smoking weed for months after basically out of habit. I had smoked and enjoyed weed for so long at that point, that I literally couldn't believe that it could have any negative effects on my mental state, and I was convinced that it had to be something else triggering the anxiety. After months of horrible panic attacks and severe generalized anxiety I finally realized that the weed was the cause, and stopped smoking. Everything started to return to normal after that, but I was left with a pretty bad anxiety disorder and regular panic attacks for years after due to the self induced weed-panic that I had put myself through for months. I feel pretty good now but I still have some bad anxiety at times from the experience, although it is nothing compared to how it used to be. Just lay off the weed though and you should be able to avoid everything that I just mentioned.

Unfortunately weed may be kind of spoiled for you now. I know a lot of people that can't smoke weed anymore without having panic attacks after having a bad trip on psychedelics. Or maybe you will eventually be able to enjoy it again. Only time will tell. But for now, it is in the best interest of your mental health & wellbeing for you to stay away from weed and other drugs for at least a few months. After a good break, try smoking again and see how it goes.

But for now, work on staying sober. Trust me. Your brain will thank you.

Yeah stay sober :)